PDA

View Full Version : naughty fuzzy sticky up grey hairs and what to do

Dorothy
February 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
Actually my greys are not grey, they are henna'd. But the grey ones are the culprits, when I was young, I had smooth straight brown hair. As I got older, some of them began to be somewhat curly, and now I have majority smooth hairs, and quite a few henna'd ones with a mind of their own. I wouldn't even call them curly, they are bent and curved in all different directions, not in a unified curly/wavy way. Anyway, they stick up in all directions like a fuzzy halo around my head, and I don't like it. I can smooth them down with water, but they pop right back up. I've also tried oil - camillia oil - and I think that helps but it might be my imagination. I recently started Cassia on the length, and again, it could be my imagination but I think they stick up even MORE. I notice that on the last 10 inches of my hair that represents my growing out brown dye, they don't seem to exist.

So I'd love a permanent solution - something I could use as conditioner or whatever that would make this not happen - and failing that, something nontoxic that would make them lay down. Any ideas?

virgo75
February 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Ha ha ha, mine do that too. And what's really funny is that my hair is curly but my wirey grays are straighter and stick straight up straight like buggy antenna!!! :lol:

What smooths down my hair best is actual conditioner.
I just wet my hands with water then pour a drop of conditioner the size of a pea on my hands and rub them together and use that just on the top of my head where the greys stick up. If that isn't enough then I add more conditioner.

Hope that helps. :flower:

Dorothy
February 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM
I'll try it, thanks. It's funny yours are straight.

akuamoonmaui
February 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Ok. We need a thread on this. Mine have a split personality, too. I've always said when I'm completely gray I'm going to have "wild woman" hair, I know I'm going to frighten small children 'cause it's gonna be long, it won't hold color and it will be out to there. I can barely control it now, what's it going to be like in 15 years? :run:

GRU
February 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Try conditioner, Panacea Hair Salve, or Aloe Vera gel.

Give it something to weigh it down....

skaempfer
February 21st, 2011, 10:44 PM
I get this too. I call it my 'graylo.'

I love mine and don't care who I frighten; my hair is not for the weak-willed. But. On the rare occasion that I want a smoothie, I use a bit of evoo.
:cheese:

Dorothy
March 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I found an SMT, new to me, helped a LOT. I think Cassia makes it worse, though there are other benefits to Cassia I like, but I think the protein must make those hairs naughtier, and the moisture from the SMT smoothed them down. I'm going to do both for a while, and then maybe someday I'll have hair worth photographing....

CarpeDM
March 9th, 2011, 06:33 AM
OK I have the same problem and I basically need an arsenal to fight those wiry crazy hairs that run rampant all around my head. For me there isn't just one solution that works, I have to do a few things. Here is what helps me. I use Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. (The shampoo I use doesn't make a difference.) This is a heavier conditioner that helps those particular hairs be heavier (hence lying down and behaving more). I never blow dry because it only makes it worse. So when my hair starts to dry I spray on some AO detangler spray and comb it down. I then put a little AO NuStyle smoothing serum on the outside crazy hair layer as I like to call it and smooth it down with a bbb. That NuStyle serum is really good at smoothing down those hairs but a little goes a long way. A lot of other products I use tend to bring those hairs out more, like cassia, acv, and different protein treatments. If I skip the conditioner then those hairs tend to stick out more. The best results I get come from using those three products together. I won't say those hairs totally disappear, but they lay flat more and are less unruly.

I'm sure there are other products out there that work with cones, but I'm not a cone user. I've also seen lots of threads that recommend other products you could take a look at...

Xandergrammy
March 9th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I actually DO have wild woman hair and the only thing that really tames the wayward ones is extra hold gel. Just a little bit applied with wet hands (thanks spidermom). Some still have a mind of their own and stick up, but the gel does get most of them to behave. :gabigrin:

Xandergrammy
March 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I get this too. I call it my 'graylo.'

I love mine and don't care who I frighten; my hair is not for the weak-willed. But. On the rare occasion that I want a smoothie, I use a bit of evoo.
:cheese:

I LOVE THIS!! "graylo"- how perfect. You and I sound like hair twins! :gabigrin:

skaempfer
March 9th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I LOVE THIS!! "graylo"- how perfect. You and I sound like hair twins! :gabigrin:

Ha!
I wish wish wish wish wish!

Rini
March 9th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I can TOTALLY relate! Unfortunately, I don't think there's much in the way of a permanent solution to fix it. I second the AVG suggestion, although it may give a bit of a wet look.

Really though, I reckon we are the only ones who notice it :o

(If you want to feel better, there's a pic in one of my hair albums, where I'm wearing a new fork, and the frizzy silvers are RIDICULOUS!)

Xandergrammy
March 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Ha!
I wish wish wish wish wish!

You just have to grow a little bit. Your hair is lovely.

spidermom
March 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Styling wax, pomade, or putty; a little goes a long way. I use a dab and individually stroke down the most stubborn hairs - those that didn't lay down with gel or styling creme.

skaempfer
March 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
You just have to grow a little bit. Your hair is lovely.

Thanks, Xandergrammy. :)
:flowers: