PDA

View Full Version : Son klepto'd my hair supplements!

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Wanted to share a smile.....:D

My son, who has the most beautiful hair.....seriously....has gone between long and short for a while....now he is on the long hair train again and growing out. He said to me 2 weeks ago..........."WOW" momma....you HAIR......is so long.....what have you been doing?" I showed him my MSM, Biotin and Multi.......*only*. He picks up the bottles and says, how much of each to I take? lol

He is only home Fri-Sun now as he is at the SC Fire Academy 5 days per week in training. So, last week, he took a weeks worth back with him.........

THIS week........he just took my bottles! *giggle* He says, momma, you're kind of low on supplements.......why dont I take these and that will remind you to get more? :agape:

Gotta love that boy........that just tickled me.

Just thought I would share. :grin:

islandboo
February 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Too funny. It was very selfless of him to help you remember in that manner.

krissykins
February 21st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Lol, how considerate of him! ;)

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
I"m telling ya'll........my mouth fell open and all I could do was shake my head and laugh......boys, such little men.......dorks. :eyebrows:

owlathena
February 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
hahaha I do the same kinds of things when I visit my momma. "I really like this conditioner..."

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
hahaha I do the same kinds of things when I visit my momma. "I really like this conditioner..."

LOL...that's him to a *T*. At least he says thanks, love you momma, as he's taking things....and gives me the cutest smile........

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
So glad I only showed him those..........if he had seen the rest, I have a feeling my pantry would be empty!

On another note........I have been making our moisturizer and sent him a jar of it to the academy for his hands and elbows.

He saw me walk into the bathroom with some organic apple cider vinegar and bentonit clay ( I just bought these for a face mask recipe) Says, "Momma, what's that? I told him.......he says, did you just make that?" "No baby, I bought these, I still have to mix them up".....says to me, "okay".

I exit the bathroom and over my shoulder see him make a beeline INTO it, grab the 2 containers and look at them in detail.

Why do I feel like he will be klepto'ing these also?

Oh, and he is now toying with CO, too. *shakes head and laughs*

I raised him to be VERY open minded about things and not have hang ups.........sometimes I think I did *too* good of a job there. :eyebrows:

I must say, he is my light and a complete trip.

krissykins
February 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
So glad I only showed him those..........if he had seen the rest, I have a feeling my pantry would be empty!

On another note........I have been making our moisturizer and sent him a jar of it to the academy for his hands and elbows.

He saw me walk into the bathroom with some organic apple cider vinegar and bentonit clay ( I just bought these for a face mask recipe) Says, "Momma, what's that? I told him.......he says, did you just make that?" "No baby, I bought these, I still have to mix them up".....says to me, "okay".

I exit the bathroom and over my shoulder see him make a beeline INTO it, grab the 2 containers and look at them in detail.

Why do I feel like he will be klepto'ing these also?

Oh, and he is now toying with CO, too. *shakes head and laughs*

I raised him to be VERY open minded about things and not have hang ups.........sometimes I think I did *too* good of a job there. :eyebrows:

I must say, he is my light and a complete trip.

Haha, aww kudos to you for being such a patient mother.

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Haha, aww kudos to you for being such a patient mother.

Thank you so much! :crush:

kwaniesiam
February 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Maybe you should just tell him to sign up here.

scorpio_rising
February 21st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hee hee hee! My 5 year old son is like that. In fact, he now has his own "kit" with oils, applicator bottles, shower caps, latex gloves, and a wide-toothed comb. :inlove:

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe you should just tell him to sign up here.

You know he probably would! lol....I'll mention that to him..

LoveMyLongHair
February 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Hee hee hee! My 5 year old son is like that. In fact, he now has his own "kit" with oils, applicator bottles, shower caps, latex gloves, and a wide-toothed comb. :inlove:

I love it! :cheese: Aww, that made me smile......good for you, momma!!

Another open minded boy on the way up!!

scorpio_rising
February 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
I love it! :cheese: Aww, that made me smile......good for you, momma!!

Another open minded boy on the way up!!

Thank you! :D
It really is so dear. :heartbeat

And... right back atcha! Your son sounds wonderful. :crush:

GRU
February 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Isn't it amazing how they figure out how an, "I love you, momma" will get them out of sooooo many different situations?

Your son sounds great -- good job raising him right! (and a future fire-fighter, what a proud momma you must be!)

LoveMyLongHair
February 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Isn't it amazing how they figure out how an, "I love you, momma" will get them out of sooooo many different situations?

Your son sounds great -- good job raising him right! (and a future fire-fighter, what a proud momma you must be!)

I am so proud! When he graduates on Friday, he will licensed and certified in 48 states and 24 countries. He started as a volunteer, (where we live, without our fully equipped volunteer stations and guys/gals, our homes would be a total loss by the time the full time county one got there)

He jumped into it full force and began taking classes here and was so active, the county paid for him to be the *only* volunteer that they paid to get licensed and certified in extrication (cutting them out of cars). He LIVES for that, he loves that the most.

He's able to look past the blood and upset people, says "momma, all I see is that person or people I have to get out" afterwards, it hits him. Only got shaken once so far, was on top of a car that was spilling fuel, trying to get a young lady (17 yrs old out) she reached up through the hole he had opened, grabbed his wrist, looked into his eyes and said, "please don't let me die in this car". Said that one really got to him. Got her out, they landed the helicopter on the bridge and got her. Said after that, he lost it.

I am so proud of him, I really am.

end of mini highjack of my own thread. :blush:

Thanks all. :grouphug: :flowers:

GRU
February 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
You've every right to be proud, so brag away!

(we parents understand completely! :D)

I'm currently training to be a nurse, and I'm hoping that I can maintain my objectivity like your son can. I think I'll be okay with adults, but with kids I'm afraid I'll always feel like a parent first, a nurse second. It drives me crazy even now, hearing a baby cry in the store and seeing the parents ignore it while they go about their shopping. I always want to walk up to them and say, "Excuse me, but if you're not going to cuddle/rock your baby, do you mind if I do it for you? It's really cruel to make them feel abandoned like you are...."

leslissocool
February 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
XD! I just hope my boy will do that one day! I had to bribe my stepson to grow his hair for a Wii and he still didn't want it that long... I have faith my twins will like the hair, so far they love to pet and play with mine and my husbands, and they seem to go to people with long locks!

You have so much to be proud of! He sounds like an excellent guy! Great job!