PDA

View Full Version : How to wear my hair?

MaggieJoh
February 21st, 2011, 12:31 AM
Well for the first time in 14yrs I've decided to get together with some friends of mine for my birthday (11 days early because some are going away during my birthday).

I've got an outfit in mind which I hope when I go shopping will fit me (cross your fingers for me lol). The outfit consists of a high waisted black pencil skirt, black stockings with a seam, black platform peep-toe shoes and either a light pink or cream colour mohair sweater. So pretty much the 50's.

Anyways I've been looking at hair styles of the times and well I just don't know what I can do. Victory curls were really popular but my hair does not keep a curl worth a damn. The hairs are very thick, there is a lot of it and it is now 51 inches unbrushed. I wanted to do the Veronica Lake look but I have no idea how I would keep it wavy..heck I don't even know how to get it wavy! Oh and did I mention I nape tangle like crazy?

Help!

kme81
February 21st, 2011, 01:14 AM
I don't really know how to go about doing it...but maybe a beehive? You would definitely need lots of experimenting and tons of pins! :)

darklion
February 21st, 2011, 01:17 AM
what about a nice big french twist?
it's always classy.

MaggieJoh
February 23rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Well I tried the french twist hehehe I had no idea just how much hair I had until I tried this style! I think I might just have too much hair for the twist, I end up with a huge log of hair on the back of my head. I am still thinking of doing Veronica Lake but with larger curlers so I can get most of my length curled and just use a ton of products to keep it in. Maybe stash a chop stick, two little hair elastics and some pins in my purse just in case.

Well I go try the skirt on, on Thursday so wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed. If it doesn't fit I think I'll cry.

Nastasia
February 23rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
Yeeeeah, I can't manage a french twist at all, and I have way less hair than you. I'd probably do some sort of low chignon-ish thing with that outfit. Sounds very elegant, by the way. :D