PDA

View Full Version : Wierd static!

RavennaNight
February 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
So I like to vascillate and switch up my routine every now and again. I do cones, cone free, cones again, etc... I was using shampoo bars before, and then I clarified and went to a quicker method because of the hot water issues (lack thereof) in my apartment. The hot water runs out quick and I don't want to take an ice shower. I started using whatever I had in the shower, some Tresseme and Herbal Essences. Then I figured it would be a good time to try some new products, and got Loreal Everpure moisturizing shampoo and the new Tresseme Climate conditioner. I didn't apply the tresseme to the roots, as I don't need coney buildup there.

My hair detangled and was fine. It was smooth, and I was happy. Until something odd started to happen, which didn't happen all winter. WIERD STATIC! O.o

Here's what happens:
When I run my hands over my hair and pull my hair through my hands like a ponytail, it statics out, like the hairs repel themselves or something! I don't have issues throughout the day where my hair looks like I rubbed my head with a balloon or anything. It's like the hair causes static unto itself? I have never had this happen before, and am wondering if it has ever happened to you?

Do you think it's the Everpure Moisturizing Shampoo? Is it the Tresseme Climate Conditioner? A combination of both? I swear it's the wierdest thing! It didn't happen before, ever. EVER. I'm not static-prone. :shrug: The Tresseme does have a cone in it that I have never seen before, cyclohexasiloxane. (part of the reason I wanted to try it. I'm fascinated by new cones)

UltraBella
February 20th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hmmm, sounds interesting. I had an weird static issue out of the blue one day. My hair was still wet from the shower and literally standing on end. It was the most bizarre thing and I should have taken a picture.

krissykins
February 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I don't think it's the products. Could you have rubbed up against something that had a static charge?

RavennaNight
February 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM
It was happening all day! I wore a sweater which feels like it would be generally conducive to static? But I have worn that sweater many times and no static. Maybe it is a factor of all three? Or what if the silicone coating on the hair, which wasn't there before, is causing the hair to be more static prone?

krissykins
February 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hmm, I can definitely see the cones playing a part if you're wearing a static prone sweater. I don't understand the science of it, but hopefully someone will pop up with a fabulous answer :flower: