PDA

View Full Version : what kind and how many tangle teezers do you have?

sunnyhope
February 20th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I see there is two different kinds aswell as the kiddy one.
How much did you pay for it and where did you get it?
Do you keep one with you at all times?

just nosey me thinking of investing one or not............

Uni&Corn
February 20th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I just got mine today at Sally's Beauty. I bought the regular one, though I'm thinking I might get the compact one too. So far I love it, and it works really well! You should definitely invest in one :)

wvgemini
February 20th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I just bought one today too :) I have the big pink deformed jellybean looking one. It was $10 at my local salon.

ladylovecraft
February 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I bought the purple glittery one. I wasn't aware there were different sizes! I got mine off amazon as my local Sally's were both sold out, I paid $15 total with shipping. : )

sunnyhope
February 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
i was gonna order it on ebay but if sally s in uk got them too i ll get it there as its one right where i live....

daemonwildcat
February 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I've only recently discovered them and want to get the purple glittery one at the very least. Possibly one of the magic flowerpot ones as well to entice my stubborn toddler to brush her hair too :D

patienceneeded
February 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I have two, one for me and one for DD4. They are the basic $10 version that looks like a giant bean. DD's is the bright pink one, mine is the purple glitter.

Flossy
February 20th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I have a baby blue regular one that I got from eBay, and a black and pink compact one for my handbag that I got from a UK online store (I got my mum a hot pink one at the same time). It's hard to get them shipped to Australia. :(

DakarNick
February 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I bought two for my wife a few months back. Pink and glitter purple. They really help! $10 each at a Denver Sally Beauty.

Laur
February 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Just got my Teezer yesterday - a black one (options were black and hot pink, I was hoping for purple sparklies :( ). I think I'll add a compact one for my purse when I can find them locally - I really like it so far. Much less shedding, and my hair detangles really easily. I've not yet tried it on a "hair down" day, but those are pretty infrequent! :D

UltraBella
February 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I have none and don't even know what they are. Is that bad ?

Flossy
February 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I have none and don't even know what they are. Is that bad ?

OMG, 1700 posts and you don't know what a TT is? LOL

http://www.tangleteezer.com/

teela1978
February 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm intrigued by them, but have yet to get one.

pepperminttea
February 20th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I bought my mother one; she quite likes it. :) I bought hers online, but I saw them for sale in Boots a couple of days ago.

homeschoolmama
February 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I just picked two up last week... one for myself, and one for my daughter. I've got the purple sparkly one, but having used it for a few days now I definitely need to find a travel-size one for my purse as well!

freckles
February 21st, 2011, 04:50 AM
I have one regular (pink) and one compact (black and gold) ... but I lost the 'lid' for the compact OOPS so it's pretty much just a regular now :p
I bought them both at Boots because I live in the UK. I paid £9.99 for the regular and £14.99 for the compact. I have one on me pretty much all the time.

lara grace
February 21st, 2011, 05:07 AM
I just bought one today too :) I have the big pink deformed jellybean looking one. It was $10 at my local salon.

I have this one too. Got it for around £10 in Boots. It's the best brush ever, but I don't bring it everywhere with me, cause I'd probably lose it. Might get one of the small ones for my bag.

Cupofmilk
February 21st, 2011, 05:50 AM
I have one black one. I need another. (Note the use of ther word "need". This is very important in case my husband should read this!)

GRU
February 21st, 2011, 06:35 AM
I have one black one. I need another. (Note the use of ther word "need". This is very important in case my husband should read this!)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/f_snork.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/lolabove-1.gif

:thumbsup:

SummerSkye
February 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
I bought the regular size purple sparkly one and it cost £9.99 from my hairdressers. I really want to get the black compact one for my handbag too.

Kristin
February 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM
I have two regular-sized ones, both from Sally's: one glittery purple and one hot pink. They were $10 each.

GRU
February 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
I have two regular-sized ones, both from Sally's: one glittery purple and one hot pink. They were $10 each.

Almost identical -- I have the sparkly purple and the black from Sally's, but one was $7.50 (25% off online w/ free shipping) and one was $5.00 (after I used my reward coupon for renewing my membership, plus free shipping).

I would have gotten the hot pink, but I figured there was no way I'd get DS to use it, so I went for the black. ;)

owlathena
February 21st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Just bought the pink one today!

KLin
February 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Have a black one for myself and my boys. Would love a compact one aswell.

ravenreed
February 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
I have two regular purple glitter TT's. I bought them when I had to order from overseas and figured that shipping two would make more sense. That way I have one for my purse and one for my bathroom. I am thinking of trying the travel sized one because the bristles on the regular one does get a little bent in my purse, but I haven't seen them offered at Sally's. I might have to order another overseas shipment. I really love my TT. I think it is one of the major reasons I am not suffering from constant split ends.

UltraBella
February 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, ladies, please enable me. Why should I purchase one of these ?
My hair is naturally wavy and my canopy is a tighter wavy that tends to frizz. I don't brush my hair, I just detangle with a wide toothed comb. Do I need a tangle teezer ?

GRU
February 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
My hair is naturally wavy and my canopy is a tighter wavy that tends to frizz. I don't brush my hair, I just detangle with a wide toothed comb. Do I need a tangle teezer ?

I think you should buy them for your shops to sell, UB. :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed on DS's hair, it made his hair SO SHINY SMOOTH. If I'm going to detangle my hair and smooth it back for a braid or a bun, this thing works great.

You may not NEED one, because you are able to detangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb, but you may be able to get some use out of one anyway. Most people remark that they are able to cut 90% off the time it takes to detangle their hair using any other method.

Yamainu
February 22nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Can they be used on wet hair? I hate having to go grab my plastic comb when my hair's damp...

GRU
February 22nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Can they be used on wet hair? I hate having to go grab my plastic comb when my hair's damp...

Yes, they can! :D

skaempfer
February 22nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
We have two. I bought a light blue one, which is sort of a family brush, and just bought one of the little flower pot jobbies for my youngest daughter (BD coming up.)

She has classic length hair (wet) which sproings up to around hip when it's dry, and because it's so long, I do 99.9% of the brushing and stuff. The tangle teezer makes it easier for her to do it herself, plus it doesn't hurt! She has very fine hair.

It's not a miracle product, but it's quite good with the detangling (I still have to go through it when she's done, though) and much much better for little tenderheads.

I like to brush with it before I wash my hair, too.

lapushka
February 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM

It's much easier to detangle wet hair with the TT than it is with a wide tooth comb. It does take a few brush strokes to get through your hair (esp. with thick hair, you could section it), but it just does not pull at your hair, and there's less hair coming out in the process! You have to get used to it at first, though! Try searching YouTube for some detangling videos.

On dry wavy hair... I don't like it so much, I get frizz, but I don't like any brush on dry hair.

Schefflera
February 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
I have one black one. It works pretty well, feels good, sounds bizarre. I've told someone worried about it tearing at their hair without necessarily feeling the pull to try running it over a hand or fabric to compare the sound -- I guess it's something about friction/snapping back into place of the flexible bristles, amplified by the hollow body of the brush?

I find it rather hard to clean, though. And I kind of want a compact one.

Intransigentia
February 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Has anybody found one in Canada? I went to Sally's here, but I didn't see any.

ole gray mare
February 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
I must admit, I've never heard of these. Hmmmm. Where have I been?

nucleardelusion
February 22nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
I have one glittery purple from the Sally's site (none at my local place!). That thing even combed through my "concert hair" the next day without any trauma.