PDA

View Full Version : Better Body Heat Retention?

DTsgirl
February 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I am currently snowed / iced into my house. My plans for today are to do a coconut oil DT and play World of Warcraft and read. ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!! Sweetness! Anyway, I was wondering what the LHC Collective thinks provides better body heat retention for a DT: a shower cap or cling wrap. I'll probably heat up the length with a blow drier before I put it up, but which option retains more heat from that, and from my body?
I appreciate your thoughts!

GRU
February 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I think they'd be the same.

My suggestion is to top it off with a Turbie Twist or just a towel or t-shirt turban or a knit stocking cap... something with some extra thickness that the body heat would have to fight its way through in order to escape.

Anywhere
February 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I use a shower cap covered in a knit beanie hat thing from Target. I don't think cling wrap would be any better or worse than a shower cap.

DTsgirl
February 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hmm, have to see if i have a winter hat. . . . Good idea.

Burgundyhair
February 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I do mine with a plastic bag and top it with a towel. Same as a previous poster. :) Have fun!!

nellreno
February 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I used cling wrap topped with a shower cap and then a towel over that. I think it keeps the body heat from escaping well.

krissykins
February 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I use a shower cap covered in a knit beanie hat thing from Target. I don't think cling wrap would be any better or worse than a shower cap.

I recommend this! It makes my head feel warm and cozy :)