PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead, just bald.

RancheroTheBee
February 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry I keep leaving and skipping back in and leaving and so on.

I'm sure a few of you remember me; I was back for a little bit in November, I believe.

Now I'm bald! It's kind of a long story, but just so you know, I didn't go bald, I just shaved my head last month. Well, part of my head. I had a mohawk, and then...

Anyway, it's not really important. The fact is, I'm back to literally step one, and I really have no choice but to stick to it this time. :rolleyes:

I'll try not to disappear off the face of the Earth this time.

ETA: If you wanna see what monstrosity my hair has become, it's my profile pic now. :p

akilina
February 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
i shaved part of the sides of my head this summer on both sides...i cant decide if i want to grow it back in or keep shaving it. ive done alot of cool stuff with it like shaving patterns in and coloring it like leopard print, ive let it grow for a month now...its terrible to grow out X_X

DTsgirl
February 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hi! Welcome back!
Do you want to talk about the shaving bit, or not really?

RancheroTheBee
February 20th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi! Welcome back!
Do you want to talk about the shaving bit, or not really?

I've never worked anywhere that let me do anything to my hair, so now that I had the opportunity to go wild with it, I sorta did. Sorta a lot. It also doesn't help that I bleached the everloving crap out of my hair and I couldn't have grown that out if I wanted to.

Roseate
February 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I've never worked anywhere that let me do anything to my hair, so now that I had the opportunity to go wild with it, I sorta did. Sorta a lot. It also doesn't help that I bleached the everloving crap out of my hair and I couldn't have grown that out if I wanted to.

Now, that's a great reason to shave your head! I was afraid there was some traumatic story. I've done it in the past, happy I did. It's fun to try at least once. Enjoy growing again!

RancheroTheBee
February 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Now, that's a great reason to shave your head! I was afraid there was some traumatic story. I've done it in the past, happy I did. It's fun to try at least once. Enjoy growing again!

Thanks! I'm especially excited now being I think my hair type is changing a bit. I've also discovered how to use Manic Panic without bleach, and I think it'll be my primary dye method from now on.

Copasetic
February 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Are you going to grow from the way your hair is now, or shave it all?

Welcome back and happy growing!

spitfire511
February 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Howdy! I gotta say - I loooove the color you have on it now - and you look cute with short hair! Enjoy growing again!

RancheroTheBee
February 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Are you going to grow from the way your hair is now, or shave it all?

Welcome back and happy growing!

I'm actually not sure! I was thinking of microtrimming the bangs until they catch up, but I might keep them a little bit longer. It all depends on how silly they look later on. :p

LawyerGirl
February 20th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe keeping the front bits longer will prevent the Mullet of Doom later on? Either way, glad to see you back :)

ericthegreat
February 20th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Its great to see you back here regardless of whatever you've done with your hair. On the positive side, you rock all those colors you've had. I especially love when you had blood red and and violet/blue. Welcome back! :happydance:

RitaPG
February 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM
For what it's worth it doesn't seem like a monstrosity to me, it looks bloody fabulous! :D I really love the colored bangs too! Wish I had the balls to do that haha.

Welcome back and Happy growing :flower:

LisaMonster
February 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I think it looks pretty great!

Welcome back :)

RancheroTheBee
February 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe keeping the front bits longer will prevent the Mullet of Doom later on? Either way, glad to see you back :)

Good point. :rolleyes: The nape section always grows twice as fast.

And thanks, errbody! I'm glad to be back.

Anywhere
February 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I think its super cute!:D Glad to see you back. :flower:

Nae
February 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hey there! Glad to see you back, bald or not. I think your style is cute and I am sure it will be quite the adventure growing it back out!!

Toadstool
February 21st, 2011, 02:15 AM
looks really cute! :cool:Welcome back

[quote=akilina;1487289] ive done alot of cool stuff with it like shaving patterns in and coloring it like leopard print/quote]

That sounds so cool!

Islandgrrl
February 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Welcome back! :)

sibiryachka
February 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
What you have going on right now is cute as hell, imho. I was expecting, well, bald bald. Happy growing, good to see you back!

RancheroTheBee
February 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
What you have going on right now is cute as hell, imho. I was expecting, well, bald bald. Happy growing, good to see you back!

Thanks! The back part was shaved down to a peach fuzz last month. I now have a poofy little buzz thing. :p

pixiedust
February 21st, 2011, 12:13 PM
welcome back !!

i wasn't a membe here before the mass hair removal :p but i too am starting from basically the beginning. i was bleaching my hair quite a bit aswell and it not only stopped growing, but started to fall out :[ i didn't go quite as short, but my hair is still definitely VERY SHORT so if you'd like we can be growing buddies, yes ? ;) I'm also a fan of doing crazy things with it (shaved side of head, recently growing out a green mohawk, was white and silver before the chop) so this growing experience is going to be very new to me (:

GL ! <3

Jessikinz
February 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome back :) I remember you.

I really like your hair, and the color. Good luck growing it out! I always thought it was fun to grow out buzzed hair. I don't know if I'll ever get buzzed again, but maybe one day haha.

RancheroTheBee
February 24th, 2011, 01:20 PM
welcome back !!

i wasn't a membe here before the mass hair removal :p but i too am starting from basically the beginning. i was bleaching my hair quite a bit aswell and it not only stopped growing, but started to fall out :[ i didn't go quite as short, but my hair is still definitely VERY SHORT so if you'd like we can be growing buddies, yes ? ;) I'm also a fan of doing crazy things with it (shaved side of head, recently growing out a green mohawk, was white and silver before the chop) so this growing experience is going to be very new to me (:

GL ! <3

:laugh: You're my identical hair twin. I also had a green mohawk for a while. My hair didn't fall out from bleach, but it definitely looked pretty fuzzy. I kind of looked like a baby chick for a while.

Welcome back :) I remember you.

I really like your hair, and the color. Good luck growing it out! I always thought it was fun to grow out buzzed hair. I don't know if I'll ever get buzzed again, but maybe one day haha.

Hahaha, noooo! It's so cold. Hats stick to your head. :) And thank you!

ole gray mare
February 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi there! I think your hair looks awesome. And I'm glad you had the spirit to take advantage of the freedom that your workplace allowed! Good to see you back.

BrightEyes7
February 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome back... I remember you... how can I forget a name like RancheroTheBee?!?

I've always wanted to shave my head. But with my job, it wouldn't be too great! I just think it would be so freeing.... and I'd love to see how my hair grew out!

Good luck growing. But as for now, I like your current style!