PDA

View Full Version : Curly girls second day hair??

Luna12345
February 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Hi, I have curly hair and I always need to wet it or wash it the second day cuz the curls become all twisted and messy. I even tried sleeping with it in a bun....it just becomes weirdly twisted for some reason.
I was wondering of those of you with curly hair can share some tips on what you do to have your curls looking good the second day without having to wash your hair.:)

krissykins
February 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
It helps to have a satin/silk pillowcase. I bun my hair and sleep on that, so second day hair is usually just fine.

Maybe try a high, loose ponytail? I've tried that before and it works.

Speckla
February 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Either pineapple (high ponytail) or a loose braid? Silk bonnet/sleep caps really help to keep hair from getting crushed.

milagro
February 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Second silk pillowcase and loose ponytail. I also had good results with mesh head scarf (or you may use a hairnet) but I hated sleeping in it :)
Now I don't care much for 2nd, 3rd and 4th day curls because I mostly wear it up - that's also an option!

kitschy
February 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I do a high pineapple when I sleep, but I still get frizz in my canopy. I've just learned that my hair is not going to be perfect every day.

Here's my second day hair - you can really see the frizz in my canopy layer.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6031&pictureid=94886

Upside Down
February 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
What kitschy said.

It gets better and less frizzy as the hair gets longer, though, doesn't it?

princessp
February 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I actually find braiding my hair really works. If I plop my hair after washing I gets awesome crazy curls, but they eventually tangle up a couple days after I wash (I only wash 1x a week). If I braid I get those fairly consistent braid waves and some curl. So not as crazy but it looks nice and it doesn't seem to want to thatch up. It really seems to help eliminate the tangles when I braid my hair. I also second the silk night cap, I love mine.

Copasetic
February 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
If I want to my hair to look good on the 2nd day, I have to wear a sleep cap. I have tried high ponytails and they always leave my hair looking like a mess. I can kind of get away with a braid, but then I definitely have to wet it and add some more product because braid waves make my hair look weird.

GRU
February 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Second-day hair for me is either a braid or an updo. There is no such thing as "second day curls" for my hair.