View Full Version : How to do scalp massage?

jenjen10
February 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
This may be a stupid question but how do you all manage to get oils onto your scalp when doing scalp massages?? I rub oil onto my hands and fingers but I do not think any of it is still on my fingertips by the time I get through my hair to my scalp...

I have tried doing it with my head upside down and upright... Am I just totally inept?? I want to try the caster oil for growth but am not convinced that enough is making it onto my actual scalp to make a difference... any advice would be appreciated!

smileycat
February 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Use an eye dropper to run lines of oil right on your scalp before starting your massage.

enfys
February 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I part my hair down the middle, then part each half into four. I apply the oil to my fingertips and pat along my scalp, making smaller parts along each of the 1/8 sections. It takes about 10 minutes to do my whole head this way, but my hair doesn't get tangled and my length doesn't get oiled but all my scalp gets an even, direct covering.

If I am doing a general oiling then I'm less specific, but castor is sticky and I only want it on my scalp.