PDA

View Full Version : Side lace braids w/ a braided bun...pictures

arc691
February 20th, 2011, 06:18 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/Hello-friends-smiley-sign.gif

I couldn't resist the urge to post these pictures~ I used to do this all the time when I was a teenager; then a few years went by when my hairstyles were basically boring. Now after joining the LHC I'm trying to do something nice with my hair every day, hence these pictures!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/best.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/IMGP5241.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20different%20hairstyles%20album%202/best2.jpg

I love this hair-do! In these pictures, I gathered larger sections of hair when doing the lace braids, but I've done it other times using really small sections.

Thanks for looking, and

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/HaveAHappyDaySmiliesGlitter.gif

scorpio_rising
February 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
That is just beautiful! :inlove:
Your hair is like silk, so shiny and golden!
I love your beautiful peaches and cream skin, and the hairstyle is truly gorgeous!

Neoma
February 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM
That updo is drop-dead gorgeous! :thud: You have awesome updo skills.

Your hair is stunningly beautiful.

The clips are really pretty, too. They compliment your hair.

Nae
February 20th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Absolutely beautiful. If my hair ever manages to get that long I will try it. (I will have to check back in like 8 years I think......)

CareBear
February 20th, 2011, 06:50 AM
How lovely!! Did you lace braid down into two braids or one? (Does that make sense?) I love your beautiful clips too!!

*Seraphina*
February 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Wow that is very beautiful!

jasper
February 20th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I like this style. Looking at your pics, i think i can see what went wrong with the last time i tried something similar. I think i should have put the side braids higher on the sides to start and the bun would have landed higher. Thanks for posting.

Madora
February 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Very elegant and lovely, Arc691. Braiding such extra long hair is quite an accomplishment in my book! Your styles are always picture perfect!

turquoisebud
February 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
WOW! You are the updo queen! :D You sure have made a name for yourself! Every time I see arc691, I think "ooh, another updo" :p
I love this style!

Knotted
February 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I love your hair! And this style looks gorgeous!

Vorvolaka
February 20th, 2011, 08:20 AM
So lovely!

I must practice my lace braiding now!

milagro
February 20th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Beautiful and neat :flower: Every time I see a thread of yours I open and know I'm gonna see something pretty and elaborate :)

Kaya
February 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! :thud: So envious of your braiding skills. I can never seem to make my braids even on each side. One is always messier and looser. Do you have any tips you'd be willing to share? :o

sunnyhope
February 20th, 2011, 09:53 AM
love it...
is ur hair really as long as on ur avatar?

cantom03
February 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Wow! Looks really amazing! :flower:

Noula
February 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
All the styles you post are great and I really love your clips, they're so cute and they go really well with your hair colour.

Lippytoes
February 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
That hairstyle looks utterly gorgeous!

krissykins
February 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Oh my gosh, that is stunning! What a lovely hairstyle :) and that clip is so cute.

Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Dragon
February 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Very beautiful :)

spoonshine
February 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Beautiful. I love the colours of your clip with your hair colour!

lapushka
February 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM
It looks lovely! :D

Speckla
February 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Very beautiful!

Capybara
February 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
You are amazing at updos! I love your threads.

What kind of clip is that? Is it a claw clip of some sort? It's so pretty!

veganstein
February 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Just beautiful! And your skin is flawless!

CurlAhead
February 20th, 2011, 01:52 PM
That updo is truly beautiful, love it!

sparkle'n'bling
February 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Wow! That is stunning. :)

princessp
February 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Wow :thudpile: gorgeous!

NightingaleLHC
February 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
So beautiful, thanks for posting!

jil
February 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Wow! This looks so elegant. I would love to see instructions for this. Any one know of a good tutorial for the lace braid? It looks a bit like a french braid that only adds hair from one side, is that correct? I'm still new to this and desperately looking for new styles to save my hair from the same bun everyday!

Emerald88
February 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM
That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Anywhere
February 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I always love your styles. This one is beautiful as usual. :D

Arctic_Mama
February 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Love! It looks absolutely beautiful.

aberbeth
February 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM
That is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

arc691
February 22nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! :thud: So envious of your braiding skills. I can never seem to make my braids even on each side. One is always messier and looser. Do you have any tips you'd be willing to share? :o

love it...
is ur hair really as long as on ur avatar?

You are amazing at updos! I love your threads.

What kind of clip is that? Is it a claw clip of some sort? It's so pretty!

Wow! This looks so elegant. I would love to see instructions for this. Any one know of a good tutorial for the lace braid? It looks a bit like a french braid that only adds hair from one side, is that correct? I'm still new to this and desperately looking for new styles to save my hair from the same bun everyday!

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/free_download.png Hi everybody!

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the number of responses to my post! Thank you all so much! I wish I could reply to you all individually~ to answer a few questions I saw posted:

~Do I have any tips on lace/French braiding? Well, I never look in the mirror while braiding behind my head. I usually look at a picture on the wall, or a corner in the ceiling. When I look at a corner of the ceiling while lace braiding, my braids turn out the best! And yes, a lace braid is a French braid but you only gather hair on the side closest to your face.

~About the clips I use, the one in this picture is called a claw clip, I believe. I also like octopus clips and have several of those. I haven't really tried hair sticks before, maybe I should one day.

~And yes, my avatar is me with my hair down...that picture was taken about six months ago, I think.

Thanks again, everybody! I was really surprised when I saw several of you said you are beginning to notice my name as I post new pictures. That is so neat!

Hmmm...I'm going to have to think up some new 'do's! http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

Intransigentia
February 22nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hmmm...I'm going to have to think up some new 'do's! http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

Please do! I'm another one who always has to see what you've been up to with your gorgeous, gorgeous hair.

What I'm curious about is, when my hair's been longer than it is now, when I braid, it's like the loose ends try to braid themselves in reverse. With hair as long as yours, how do you deal with that issue?

arc691
February 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Please do! I'm another one who always has to see what you've been up to with your gorgeous, gorgeous hair.

What I'm curious about is, when my hair's been longer than it is now, when I braid, it's like the loose ends try to braid themselves in reverse. With hair as long as yours, how do you deal with that issue?

Thank you! :) Yes, I've had that happen at times and it can really create a tangle. The way I avoid it is to run my fingers all the way down to the ends of my hair each time I cross-over; if something starts to tangle, I hold my braid in place with one hand and use my fingers or comb to work in out before continuing. (Hope this makes sense!)

Intransigentia
February 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
And that leads to my next question... Since your hair is longer than your arms, and one of your hands is already busy holding the braid to keep it from unravelling, how do you manage to run your fingers or comb down the whole length? I'm sure this is all perfectly normal for you, but to me, it's kindof magic.

abbatabba1137
February 22nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
I just love it when I find out that the most amazing looking styles are sooo simple!
This is very pretty, thanks for sharing!

crewsemarg
February 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Am sitting here just looking and looking at your pictures. That is just to pretty!! I love braids for some reason. Thanks for showing.

arc691
February 25th, 2011, 01:16 AM
And that leads to my next question... Since your hair is longer than your arms, and one of your hands is already busy holding the braid to keep it from unravelling, how do you manage to run your fingers or comb down the whole length? I'm sure this is all perfectly normal for you, but to me, it's kindof magic.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/11.jpg

Thanks, everybody, for your replies!

Intransigentia~ Well, I try to start out with well-combed hair, then when I inevitably have to work out a tangle, I go as far as I can with my fingers. If the tangle is still there at the bottom I'll try using my comb. Sometimes if the the braid is far enough along, I can wrap it around my neck like a scarf and this brings the tangled section within easy reach, if you see what I mean!

I know this isn't put very clearly, but I hope it helps!

Yamainu
February 25th, 2011, 04:53 AM
So pretty! I need to learn to lace braid...

Intransigentia
February 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Sometimes if the the braid is far enough along, I can wrap it around my neck like a scarf and this brings the tangled section within easy reach, if you see what I mean!

I know this isn't put very clearly, but I hope it helps!

Actually that's very clear, and solves the mystery that was in my mind. I really appreciate the explanation. Plus I haven't really decided how long I want to grow my hair and one thing I worried about was how would I braid it once it got longer than my arms. I feel inspired knowing that there's a way.

elbow chic
February 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM
holy cow that is amazing!

monichella
February 25th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Your hair make me think to gold, beautiful!

arc691
February 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Your hair make me think to gold, beautiful!

Thank you so much, Monichella and everyone for your kind remarks and posts on my thread! You are all so encouraging! :)

Angela_Rose
February 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Oh, wow. 57", huh? Color me jealous!

In any case, that updo is lovely. Thank you for sharing!