PDA

View Full Version : Glucosamine Supplements for Hair Growth

TheMgracie
February 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I wasn't able to find another thread on this topic. If there is one, just let me know. : )

So, I officially joined LHC on the first of the year, but was a bit disappointed by how slowly my hair was growing in comparison to a year ago.

In December 2009, I had my hair cut to just below shoulder length and by the end of my Spring semester 2010 my hair was either BSL or fairly close.

The catch is that I was taking horrible care of my hair. I was shampooing nearly every day and conditioning maybe once a week. I also brush a lot and consistently wore my hair down.

A few weeks ago, I realized what might've made the difference. In November 2009 I had surgery on my knee and my doctor suggested I start taking daily glucosamine and chondroitin supplements.

I haven't notice a huge differnce as of yet, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of this before.

enfys
February 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
If I am remembering right, isn't it usually sold as glucosamine sulphate? And if sulphate means there's sulphur, and sulphur has an established connection with growth then yep, maybe it's the missing link. I've seen it sold mixed with MSM which people use for their hair.

TheMgracie
February 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I just took a second look at the bottle, and you are correct. The chondroitin aspect is, in fact, chondroitin sulfate. :)