PDA

View Full Version : spreading out washings causing dandruff help?

ghilliegirl_an
February 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Okay so I've been trying to be nicer to my hair by not washing it daily and surprisingly it was working out fairly well or so I thought my hair wasn't as greasy as I expected and I could wear it up in a bun and it wasn't noticeable at all. problem is I realized today that I have dandruff >.< I haven't had dandruff in forever. I expected that because I wasn't stripping my hair and scalp of oils that it would be healthier not flaky and dry, I noticed this this morning right before taking a shower and the last time I'd washed my hair before that had been wednesday night so I only really went 2 full days without washing my hair which isn't that long. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong exactly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ashley

ange1ito
February 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM
hi,
i have been doing the same as yourself...have you tried oiling your scalp too? Every so often i run the coconut oil through mine and it's made a remarkable difference to spilts aswell as moisturing my scalp. Are you sure it is dandruff and not just sebum since you are now washing less?

charalito
February 19th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I would also suggest oiling your scalp. I have some flakes from time to time but it's not the dry kind, but rather sebum-y, so using the oil dissolves oil theory, a good scalp oiling leaves everything in perfect condition.