PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal??

mangobartender
June 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
The back of my head and side kinda, the hair is more straighter than on the top which is alot more curly....is that normal?

florenonite
June 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
You mean you have different degrees of curl on different parts of your head? That's completely normal. I've got hair ranging from totally straight to ringlets on different parts of my head, and there are many others here with similar things going on.

1nuitblanche
June 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I second Florenonite. I've got mostly straight hair on top, some wavy, and then a few ringlets on the bottom. Meanwhile, my mom has curls on the top, waves in the middle, and then straight hair at her nape. A friend of mine also hair curly hair mixed with straight.

mangobartender
June 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Well thats partially good news. The next thing is that how on earth will it look grown out then?? Like will it be like long and hanging at the bottom and then a curly bush on the top??? Kinda weirddd

DecafJane
June 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
It will probably even out or at least be less noticeable when it gets longer.

My hair is coarser on top, and softer and curlier underneath and at the sides, but when it gets long, there is so much of it that it isn't really noticeable unless you have a good, hard look. :)

mangobartender
June 11th, 2008, 12:02 AM
yay well thats good I guess. I just hope the top of my head isnt an afro while the back of my head is not =//

Saranne772
June 11th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Its very normal. I have hairs covering the whole s[ectrum with 2a/2b being the most common

mangobartender
June 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Fair enough. I shall see what it looks like longer =P

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
It could be also that the ends need more moisture. When I first came here my hair was like that. Now it is the opposite. I found that my ends needed more moisture and once they got it, it evening out. Now as it gets longer, the top is straighter from the weight I think. Also 3a hair tends to be this way. Don't worry though, we wurly/curlys have lots of different curly friends on our head!:D

mangobartender
June 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
haha sounds too true. Which ends would need the moisture though? When I put stuff on the top of my head, my hair gets more curly (as it would look like after washing it in the shower).

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM
haha sounds too true. Which ends would need the moisture though? When I put stuff on the top of my head, my hair gets more curly (as it would look like after washing it in the shower).

The ends that are not curling as well typically tend to need moisture at least for me. Not talking about heavy conditioner or oil but MOISTURE the kind that comes from SMTs and protecting your hair from getting dried out.

mangobartender
June 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM
The ends that are not as curly are the ones I like better though since they are the ones that will grow out to how I would want it....which is NOT a curly afro type deal. What is SMT?? I usually put coconut oil and another conditioner in my hair everyday