PDA

View Full Version : Oldtimer saying goodbye (cut hair short!)

Riverboat Red
February 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Hey everybody-

I'm an OLD timer, from 8-13 years ago! I wore my hair long for years, and I finally cut it short last summer. My hair is so thick, and it had just gotten to the point that I felt like Cousin It on the Addams Family. I just didn't feel young and pretty anymore. :-( So I cut it, and I've loved it for almost a year now!! I was sorry to lose so much of the red in my hair, but I discovered that my hair had become CURLY after two pregnancies! I was thrilled. Last time my hair was short, it was completely straight. I've always wanted curly hair, so I'm grateful to my two little boys for giving it to me! :-)

I've posted most of my hairtoys for sale on the swap board (sold a bunch already!), and I'll post more as I find them. A few people have PMd me for pics, so here's the before and after! (BTW, that barrette is still available on the swap board! It's a Blue Heron Woods extra-large cocobolo rosewood barrette.)

Always enjoy your hair! If you aren't, then it's time for a change! :-)

RR

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KHDfqNhLcBg/TV_xwlhtIxI/AAAAAAAAHdE/JXHrIY6DbWg/s1600/long%2Bhair%2Bback.JPGhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Vp1IAqE869c/TV_xwhIlygI/AAAAAAAAHdM/dZEZpVwEO8w/s1600/short%2Bhair%2Bback.JPG

Mountaingrrl
February 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Congrats on your curls!

Veviticus
February 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
As long as YOU are happy and at peace with your decision, then that is all that matters.
Continue to enjoy your beautiful hair!;)
I hope that you will continue to be apart of LHC...your experience and advise is still much needed.:hifive:

christinemariep
February 19th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hello! Thanks for sharing your haircut. How exciting to discover your hair is now curly! I think everyone here would agree, the most important factor in deciding how to wear one's hair is whether not the individual is happy with it and you were ready for a change, so congrats on having the courage to cut it! It's cute! I like all lengths of hair, but haven't had mine long in quite some time, so for me the change is going to long hair! :) Thanks again for sharing.

Zefyra
February 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Your long hair is absolutely gorgeous, but the short hair is cute and fun! And yes the important thing is that you're happy with it. I think it looks great both ways...

ravenreed
February 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Your hair is adorable now! How exciting to have curls when you wanted them so badly.

krissykins
February 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Gosh, those curls are beautiful :D I hope you'll stick around even though you're happy with your short hair!

LILBERT
February 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Congrats on your curls, they are adorable. :) Glad you love your new hair.

CurlAhead
February 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Congratulations on your curls!! And how good that you are happy with your cut!! =)

McFearless
February 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats on getting curls! Such a dramatic texture change must be so fun.

3azza
February 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
That's sweet :) enjoy ur new hair.

jaine
February 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Yay for curls and yay for loving your hair again! It looks great!
Mine has also become curlier in recent years.

Sanyia
February 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Looks very cute. The best length for you is always the one you like most, and it can be subject to change ;)

Dragon
February 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I am glad you are happy with it. Congrats on your curls. What a great gift your boys gave you :)

jlw9222
February 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Wow!! What a huge change. :) Enjoy your new hair...it looks great.

long&blonde
February 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Congragulations on your courage to follow your heart! Your short curls look great on you.

Chamomile betty
February 19th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Your new curls are very pretty. I am glad you are happy and enjoy your new hair.

ibleedlipstick
February 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Your hair is so lovely! That must be amazing to have a whole new texture :D

Joliebaby
February 20th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hey there, I remember you :) And I'm good friends with Valentina (of the henna gloss fame hehe..)
How awesome to have the curly hair that you wanted. ( My hair has gotten wavier too after having DD.)
Your hair looks very cute. Glad you are happy with it!

*Seraphina*
February 20th, 2011, 06:55 AM
You have beautiful curls! I like both hairstyles :)