PDA

View Full Version : hair loss help

gthlvrmx
February 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM
my mom always had the thickest hair ever when she was younger. regular hair ties were never big enough, they ALWAYS snapped and ALWAYS slid off literally after a few hours. my grandma always braided tightly cuz she could never keep her hair in, she had the perfect hair, it was just perfect. but now that she moved to Socal from Mexico, she says she lost it so much. I can tell, i can see more scalp now and i feel bad for her badly
is there anything that can help her out with her hair loss? she dyes her hair every few months but i keep telling her to stop...can you guys pleaseee help me here? MAHALO!!! :D:D

ravenreed
February 18th, 2011, 10:41 PM
She should see a doctor. There are conditions that cause hair loss. Or it could be genetic. My mom has very thin hair and has been tested for everything. Nothing helps her. I doubt it is the dye, but it is possible. However, if she doesn't want to stop dyeing it, it is her hair. You can offer some suggestions to help, but if the thinning doesn't bother her enough to deal with it, then let it go.