PDA

View Full Version : Goal length: What are you looking forward to?

krissykins
February 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM
So what are you looking forward to when you reach your goal length?

I'm looking forward to everyone being like secretly envying my beautiful head of hair when I wear it down ;)

I'm in no rush though, as the growing process is fun!

jenjen10
February 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I am looking forward to being able to do some of the cool buns I see on here... I have so much hair that I am very limited on what I can do with it right now (BSL). I think it will be much easier to manage once I am at least waist length, I hope :pray:

BeachBabe91
February 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm looking forward to wearing my hair down and *feeling* like it's actually *long*. Can't wait to hit waist!!! Hopefully within the year.

krissykins
February 18th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I am looking forward to being able to do some of the cool buns I see on here... I have so much hair that I am very limited on what I can do with it right now (BSL). I think it will be much easier to manage once I am at least waist length, I hope

Ah, yes! Cool buns are a goal of mine as well :)

I'm looking forward to wearing my hair down and *feeling* like it's actually *long*. Can't wait to hit waist!!! Hopefully within the year.

I thought my hair would feel long at waist but it doesn't quite yet. Gosh, I am picky. lol

CurlAhead
February 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
When ALL of my hair are at at least waist or hip, just like before!! :cloud9:
(Though, I hope it will be smooth and beautiful... :crush:)

RocketDog
February 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I don't have any definite goal yet but I am looking forward to having more substantial updos and being able to wear my hair down and feel its weight on my back, not just my shoulders :)

Madora
February 18th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'd like to be able to recreate a braided style I was able to do when my hair was really long (47"). I've been able to do a shorter version of it, but it looks much nicer with longer hair.

Orange Queen
February 18th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'm looking forward to when my hair is all one length and goes over my shoulders.

Kaeita
February 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I'm looking forward to being able to plait (english braid) my hair. I know it'll take several years to reach my ultimate goal of "very long hair" (ie ankle length or terminal, whichever comes first), so in the meantime I have little goals of "being able to plait", and "very long plait" ;) I'd like to be able to learn to do updos too, so need my hair long enough for that.

McFearless
February 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'm looking forward to having a simple routine opposed to having to use different products for my dyed and virgin sections. I'm also looking forward to being able to do a pretty bun and leaving it alone.

Cirafly24
February 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Like RocketDog, I'm looking forward to more substantial updos...I'm also looking foward to the *gasp* factor when I wear it down.

7" to go!

ScarlettAdelle
February 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I have a vision of myself a few years in the future with a side braid over my shoulder with a really wide red ribbon tied about 10 inches from the curly bottom of my virgin fingertip (when dry and curly) hair, which will mean the bow will be at about my hip, or a few inches lower... The day I look in the mirror and see that, my journey to a certain length will be over, and then my journey to maintain and keep the most beautiful hair I have ever had in my life well into old age will begin. :)

Jenn of Pence
February 18th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I want a gigantic head-eating bun! I also want hair longer than I've ever had it before, which was probably waist-length somewhere in high school or early college (been at and around BSL for ages and ages). And healthier hair, too...it was pretty ratty because I never wanted to trim but had no idea how to care for it.

gthlvrmx
February 18th, 2011, 09:45 PM
im so looking forward to letting it down and just enjoying the breeze, the wind in my hair :D im looking forward to having it down where people can see it and admire and wonder over it :)

constancev18
February 18th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I can't wait until I'm full WL. I'll just wear it down and enjoy it for a day or two...and then I'm sure I'll put it back up again.

CariadA
February 18th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I am between waist and hip right now. My ends are super thin, though. I can't wait until I am hip length AND have thick ends!

laughinglynxie
February 18th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I'm looking forward to doing some pretty/elegant braids...that is, when it's not down and flowing, as I have always liked it :)

2peasinapod
February 18th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I am joining the updo wagon. I can't wait to have enough hair to do a lot of the "staple" updos, like buns (I can only do a lazy wrap and a cheater's hairstick bun). All my layer stick out, and the bottom is just barely long enough for most things I try.

I can't wait until I can chop all my layers off. There are too many annoyances with them to count. Mainly the fact that my braids look great until about my jaw or so, then all the layers stick straight out! :mad: I will wait til BSL so I will have enough hair for updos (don't want to get there, then go through all this again!), but it will be a very annoying wait.

I also want the awe factor when it's down. I don't get any hair comments now. Sometimes people tell me it looks nice, which is sweet, but having been a short hair almost all my life, I want the "WOW, your hair is long!" comments. My hair also seems to behave better the longer it gets.

Avital88
February 19th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I want to feel like a mermaid :) hahaha
Its getting there,, but all the trimming is not really length helpfull..I cant wait to be a solid hip or tailbone.. hopefully i feel long then..

ingvild
February 19th, 2011, 01:56 AM
What I really want is a long, thick ( um, I guess I mean of uniform thickness :p ) braid down my back. English, French, Dutch, doesn't matter. My problems now are layers, the shortest are barely shoulder = puny braids = sad. I'm growing to maintain at bsl-midback, because at first then my layers should be long enough to make a substantial braid with an enormous tassel, but as the layers grow closer to the hemline I can watch as my braid becomes thicker :cheese: And then, onward to longer lengths, to get an even longer braid!

I'd also like to be able to do a decent crown braid without getting lots of antennae on my forehead, which is the case now.

enfys
February 19th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hair longer than my clothes. In summer at least :p

Vorvolaka
February 19th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Having no layers.

Other than that, I'm growing just to see how long it'll go!

Brenda714
February 19th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Having it BSL and maintaining that with light layers looks the best down on me. My hair is currently just below shoulder length.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 19th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I'm looking forward to when my hair is all one length and goes over my shoulders.

me too orange queen :cheese:

obssesif
February 19th, 2011, 05:53 AM
HIP! maybe next year? Depends of grow rate and trims..

linnepinne
February 19th, 2011, 06:09 AM
No layers! Braids with little or no taper and no pieces of hair sticking out of them!
I also long for when I can make a great bun drop! My hair is not thick and and the individual hairs are very fine, so my buns get super compact and small. I would love the feeling of letting my hair out of my not-so-impressively-big bun and then see/hear peoples reactions when they realize how INCREDIBLY LONG my hair is :D (I just hope I can get there).

dragonmyst
February 19th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Buns and braids!

:D

princess03
February 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
im just looking forward for my hair to weigh itself down so i could leave da straightener routine. my hair isnt short its kinda long i have 4 inches to go for goal length but my layers annoy me *sigh*

lacefrost
February 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I'm looking forward to being able to put it up in a bun with hair sticks curly. And hair that makes people go WHOA when it down. And feeling my hair brush my arms and tickle my hips.

heartgoesboom
February 20th, 2011, 05:45 AM
i miss the ends of my hair tickling the small of my back :)

tigr
February 22nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
I'm looking forward to fun updos without pieces of hair falling out!

I'm also thinking of buying some flowers to wear in my hair :)

Vintagecoilylocks
February 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
I am looking forward to finnally being a long hair lady!:heartbeat

Copasetic
February 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I am looking forward to having a waist length braid. I LOVE long braids, and I am insanely jealous whenever I see one.

kme81
February 22nd, 2011, 10:36 PM
I can't wait for the bun possibilities!!! Classic, here I come!

Dorothy
February 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks to LHC my hair is already longer than it ever has been, so I am enjoying the sweep of it across my arms when I turn my head. I am looking forward to having it all red, brown dye gone, to finding out what terminal is for me, and I am even looking forward to naughty bad for your hair things like when it's really long letting it blow and swirl around me in a high wind, and sleeping with it long and loose sometimes, just for the sensual experience.