PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail Styling

CherishedOne
June 10th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hey hey! -

I was wondering what you all do when you're trying to sleep in, but you've showered at night? I have curly hair, and it does NOT cooperate when I sleep on it - however, I figured that someone out there (hehe) has figured out a way (or different ways!) to "sleep style" their hair! I know that the "How do you wear your hair to sleep" thread is somewhat like this - but, my predicament is slightly different in that I'd like to be able to style my [relatively short] hair while I sleep. Thoughts? And if this is too similiar, mods, please delete it!

hurricane_gia
June 10th, 2008, 08:05 PM
If I have to sleep on wet hair, I spread a towel over my pillow and just drape my hair up and over the pillow. If you do it right, your head is only laying on your nape hairs. The canopy hairs ought to be un-crushed and so would come out nice and curly in the morning.

coppercurls
June 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
If I want bigger & bouncier curls, I will do a ponytail & then sponge roll. Easy breezy next morning.;)

DolphinPrincess
June 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I've started doing double french braids at night, especially when my hair's wet. Looks great in the morning!

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
A satin sleep cap or pillowcase might help. I also just try to keep my hair draped over the pillowcase. I'm a pretty calm sleeper so I usually do okay. I was trying to braid to sleep and I just cannot sleep with the lump no matter where it is.

missmanytoes
June 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I don't understand how you guys can have any style from braiding, bunning, etc with wet hair at night. If I have wet hair at night the only way to have dry hair by morning is to sleep with it loose. If I try braiding it, it is still WET the next morning with no discernible wave after I take the braid out and it dries. And if I tried to leave it in the braid until it dried, we'd be talking days before it was dry again. :( Of course, that is the trouble with nearly stick straight hair. You curlies have NO idea how much I envy you.

bex487
June 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I shower at night but dry my hair, so I'm a bit different. However, I second getting a silk/satin pillowcase (the smooth surface doesn't rough up hair) as well as trying your best to "drape" your hair over the pillow. My hair isn't terribly long but I can do this. If I find that my hair moves in the night, I just try putting it back in place.

alys
June 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
You might like this:

after your shower let your hair dry a bit, so it's not saturated. Put in whatever you do for curls, (I use oil). Top it off with a cheapie satin bonnet, and you might wake up with a headful of springly curls. It works for me, (ignore my hair type if you can even see it - my hair is either/or depending on what I do/use).

Many people sleep in buns and ponytails and such. I'm not sure how they do it :) I would love to but it's waaayyy too uncomfortable and I also think it puts excess stress on my hair...I'm bonnet all the way!!