PDA

View Full Version : New Hair Growth- Mysterious short hairs :)

letterstodes
February 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
So I know this is going to sound silly but I`m going to ask it anyways. I have noticed that since I`ve started to take care of my hair (no blowdrying, braiding at night, not washing every day) that I have been getting short hairs (new growth?) towards the hair line/forehead area and also in the top/middle of my head. I`m quite certain that I`m not ripping hair, so could this be NEW growth? This morning I was like "where are all these damn hairs coming from? Are they broken hair?" But I`ve been pretty careful so I don`t know. Ideas?:)

jackiesjottings
February 18th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I think they will be new growth. I get them a lot and they show round my face and neck when my hair is up. They also show at the top because all my new growth is silver now.

Cailie
February 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Yes and yes !
I had the same (: this means you will have thicker hair and that what you have changed does make a big difference to the health of your hair (:
it's all good news !
happy growing

spidermom
February 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I vote for new hairs, too. You will always have them because every single day old hairs shed out and new hairs grow in.

Kaeita
February 18th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I have the same issue. I noticed a bunch of inch-long hairs sticking up all over my head late last year. I now have a bunch of 10-15cm (4-6 inch) long hairs all over my head. I can time the growth to just about the same time my partner left, taking 90% of my stress with him. It is possible that some are broken hairs, I know that not all of them are.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 18th, 2011, 08:17 AM
yes i know what you mean. since joining LHC and taking better care of my hair i've noticed a lot of little fly aways pushing out all over. i think most/many of them are new growth because i have stopped all heat styling and chemicals since i joined! although i also stopped cones and the transition has probably broken off a few as well. but certainly not all of the one's i'm seeing all over my hair (like a light veil over my hair) :) thanks for posting because i was asking myself this exact same question, this couldn't all be breakage i've turned over a new leaf!?!?!? :)