PDA

View Full Version : Elopement! Hair conundrum! To trim?To braid? HELP

NaiadOreiad
February 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Alright so non of my friends or family know, but my longtime boyfriend and I are eloping to Denmark eventually. This is extremely exciting. My dress arrived, as well as most of the accessories and Ron's stuff has arrived as well.

I was planning on doing something simple with my hair, as I will most likely have to do it myself, or get Ron to do it. When we wake up at the B&B on the 21st, we are going to get ready, hop on our rented bicycles and be wed at 10:30 am, about 8 kms away.

So I figure, ok I will get my neighbor to do a trim, clean up, my bangs, sharpen up the layers etc. Except last night, on a whim I asked him to measure the end of my hair to BSL, without stretching it down. I ONLY HAVE ONE INCH LEFT to BSL. This is exciting news because after bsl I only have about 7 inches to waist, and waist is my goal.

So should I trim or not trim?? What should I do with my hair for the wedding date??
Here is what I have been thinking for my hairstyle:
Something with a couple braids? maybe a fishtail?? I have absolutely no clue. If anyone has any suggestions or photos I would really appreciate it!

Also I have no clue what the hell I am going to wear in my stretched ears or my septum piercing.

Barniie
February 18th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I have no style advice, but yay for getting married!!

Debra83
February 18th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Congratulations!!!! Make sure you take a camera!!!

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
First, congratulations :flower:
I love the dress, it looks awesome on you and I think the length down would look great with it. I suggest maybe a lace-braided head band decorated with the comb?
If you ends are ok and not damaged I see no need to trim.

faeriewings
February 18th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Lovely dress! I'd say just wear it down or maybe half up with the comb.

Eolan
February 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
You're eloping? People still do that!? That is so awesome! I wanna elope too! :D

And congratulations, of course.

Since the dress is sort of hippieish in the best of ways, I'd suggest some braids. A lace braid, maybee, or two french or dutch braids on the sides. Or that intricate one, what's it called? Waterfall braid? All on Youtube, anyway.

I hope you post pictures after the elopement. :)

NaiadOreiad
February 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Thanks for your suggestions and congratulations everyone!

Yeah people still elope. Its not because our parents don't approve its more because we aren't down with the whole wedding industrial complex thing. We feel like its our wedding, for us. We also don't want our parents to feel pressured into spending money on gifts and plane tickets etc.

The secret is killing me of course. I want to tell everyone I know irl, but only one girl knows (just because she was helping with some coordination). Everytime I talk to my mom on the phone I want to tell her so badly!!!!

Eolan
February 18th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah people still elope. Its not because our parents don't approve its more because we aren't down with the whole wedding industrial complex thing. We feel like its our wedding, for us. We also don't want our parents to feel pressured into spending money on gifts and plane tickets etc.

I totally understand this. I'm a bit like that myself. I hope your wedding turns out just like you want it to be. And your hair, of course. ;)

naereid
February 18th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous. And you look great in it.

I'd wear it loose or in a half-up. Or with an english/fishtail braid over one shoulder. :) Definitely with those flowers though. As for trimming, do it if your ends need it.

brelj
February 18th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Congrats!
I would go with a waterfall/fairytale braid. See this link http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64387.

Coan-Teen
February 18th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I second/third/fourth the lace braid idea on the side with the comb. Just something soft and natural to go with the dress.

If you can I'm sure your families would love to see pictures. Maybe take along a digital camera borrowed from a friend if you aren't comfortable with using a disposable. And you know... since we all provided hairstyle advice, we would need to see them too... >.> Hehe. Can you tell I like pictures?

Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you both.

scorpio_rising
February 18th, 2011, 04:25 AM
I agree that a braid would look lovely.

You are beautiful and you look gorgeous in that dress.
Congratulations!

Vorvolaka
February 18th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Congratulations!

I'd say keep it simple. The braid ideas above are all very good.

NaiadOreiad
February 18th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone!! I am liking the waterfall braid more and more, and I am sure Ron can handle doing it.

I will definitely post pictures when we come back.

spitfire511
February 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Another vote for a half up/braid of your choice! I also love the flowers in the pic (and the dress is GREAT!)

I also vote that if you're that close to BSL and your ends are looking okay, there's no need for the trim. If your bangs are feeling too long and you're going to keep them, then maybe trim up just the bangs, but keep the length/layers as they are!

Congrats and good luck!

NaiadOreiad
February 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I decided to investigate and I found a few split ends.... and I haven't had a trim since around halloween. I will probably run downstairs and ask my neighbor to give me a light dusting and fix the bangs. EEK!

twolunarspring
February 18th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I don't have any hair advice, I think it looks lovely just as you have it in the picture! You look wonderful.

Congratulations :flower:

Kaeita
February 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Your hair, your dress and the flowers are beautiful, as are you :) I hope you enjoy your elopement!

lyria
February 18th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Congratulations! Your dress is lovely and this sounds like such a romantic way to celebrate your love! I agree a waterfall braid would look lovely! :flower:

NaiadOreiad
February 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
sorry friends my mom needs hair advice and I can't give her the link to lhc without risking her stumbling upon such sensitive info!!!