PDA

View Full Version : Look at this hairstyle!

McFearless
February 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM
If this has been posted before quietly let this thread die and we shall never speak of it again.

I thought some long hairs might be interested. Sadly my hair is too short and bumpy for it to look this sleek.

Anyway,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8SgFFwi_g&feature=BF&playnext=1&list=QL&index=2
:cheese:

wandabee
February 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM
That's INCREDIBLE. I guess women of that faith don't cut their hair? I don't think I'd ever be able to handle that much hair! Heck, even when I had waist length, I still did nothing with it :P

2peasinapod
February 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Gorgeous! I think this is the first Apostolic youtube vid I've seen that doesn't make copious use of hairspray / back combing. Of, course, my hair is nowhere long enough to do it, but I love the end result. I think it's amazing how some people can use such simple concepts (sectioning and twisting/looping) and have it come out so intricate.

Cirafly24
February 18th, 2011, 12:04 AM
That's lovely. She has SO MUCH hair...it's like three times thicker than mine. If I separated mine into that many sections, each one would have about 10 hairs haha. I really like the end result, it's very pretty.

Izae
February 18th, 2011, 01:53 AM
the music made that video about 50x better :cheese:
Awesome.

Ishje
February 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
that is a gorgeous style! I wonder if I could ever do it XD

KittyLost
February 18th, 2011, 02:12 AM
That's beautiful, I wonder if it's possible with slightly shorter hair.

Milo
February 18th, 2011, 02:23 AM
:confused:Ishje, how can you see that video? It tells me it's not available in my country (Sony copyrights blablabla)

varintalonguard
February 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
wow...that looks way too complicated... Probably because i am still learning how to braid. I hope my hair gets long enough and I develop the skills for something like that
:cool:

selenechiba
February 18th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Beautiful! I wish I had enough thickness and length to try it.

Finoriel
February 18th, 2011, 03:32 AM
:thud: for the hair and the updo!

:confused:Ishje, how can you see that video? It tells me it's not available in my country (Sony copyrights blablabla)
Because every country seems to have different videos on their blocked list, depending on their copyright laws and on how fast they are with detecting them. It's different for the Netherlands than it is for Germany or Sweden. Germany and Sweden seem to be very fast with blocking youtube films for music copyrights. I get the "blocked in your country, because of copyrights"-message with a lot of films on there. I can view this one atm, but it may get blocked later.

Henrietta
February 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks for posting it again :) Beautiful! This is the next updo that is a reason for me to grow my hair! ;)
Her hair is stunning...

IStand4u
February 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
That just re-inspired me to keep growing, and that it is worth it to have long hair, especially for the really intricate updos that only take 10 minuted to do :)

princessp
February 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Wow, that is really cool!

lapushka
February 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for reminding me! :D You can find some amazing apostolic updos on YouTube. Sadly, they're kinda too poofy in the front for my taste (and I've sworn off so much hairspray) but these girls do some trendy updos with the amount of length they have, and by themselves, with just a few pins... jawdroppingly gorgeous!

SheaLynne
February 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous! I think this is the first Apostolic youtube vid I've seen that doesn't make copious use of hairspray / back combing.

I agree. This is a beautiful updo, and uses much less hairspray and back combing than most of theirs.

My best friend as a preteen and teenager was United Pentecostal, and her mother had the most beautiful smooth buns, and my friend said her mother's hair was mid-thigh length, but I never saw it down. My friend had her dad's curly hair, and she backcombed hers terribly. In fact, she had "bangs" that began by hairs that were broken off from the rough treatment, but she and other teens at her church would purposely break off more hairs around the front to make it an actual poof of bangs, even though they would never have used scissors to cut anything. But the treatment they used really did that kind of damage!

Thanks for sharing this video...it is inspiring to go for the greater lengths just for such updos!

orangeskye
February 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
i really like to watch videos of people with crazy long hair do styles, and then try to do them with much shorter hair, see if i can make them work.. they rarely do, but fun enough that i do it anyway

McFearless
February 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
i really like to watch videos of people with crazy long hair do styles, and then try to do them with much shorter hair, see if i can make them work.. they rarely do, but fun enough that i do it anyway

Yeah that is cool. You can always do variations of hairstyles that look just as beautiful. Your hair is lovely btw.

enfys
February 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Two things tickled me about that.

1. What would a hairdresser charge to do that for a wedding, and how much backcombing?!
2. Someone said "it would be such a struggle to do that hair everyday" in the comments...but it took her less than ten minutes. I know people who take longer blowdrying and straightening their hair each morning. :lol:

It's a lovely style and looks s much more complex than it is.

svehex
February 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I've got more than enough hair, but it's no where near long enough.

Avital88
February 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I love it.. im gonna try it! my hair is not long enough to do it exact the same but i like the effect..Thanks for posting!