PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Hair

Kaya
February 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
So, I needed to get this out of my system. Am I the only one, or does anyone else here have hair envy when watching James Cameron's 'Avatar?'
Obviously, I'm talking about the Na'vi. Those braided queues are impressive! I only hope that I can grow my hair out that long. The numerous shorter, decorated braids they wear are also pretty cool.
Seriously, I sway between two extremes. I love the idea of growing uber long hair, but then, I've also said that I would shave my head in a heartbeat. (The DH has practically forbidden me from the latter idea. :rolleyes: Not to mention the desire has been tempered a bit with the thought of enduring the grow-out.)
I think it would be cool to grow my hair out really long, and then shave the sides down, like Jake's Na'vi hair at the end of the movie. (The DH would have a heart attack I'm sure.) But I've always liked the mohawk look. And it looks freakin' awesome in the movie. Kinda like a horse's mane.
Oh, spirits. Now everyone here is going think I'm really weird!
*Goes to hide in a corner* :run:

jaine
February 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I had hair envy watching that too. I don't think you're weird at all! :)

I also I like my hair length to be at one extreme or the other (long long or short short). I don't like the middle lengths very much on myself.

lyria
February 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I do get serious braid envy watching Avatar! I don't think I'd ever shave part of my head, but I can definitely see myself with a super long french braid!

Jimothea
February 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Aaah! *laughing* I just watched this yesterday and caught myself thinking how bada$$ it would be to have all those braids, even the one that's wrapped around the spinal cord thing. Only I'm not one for mohawks, I liked the dragon lady's hair....I suppose it is a bit weird, but who cares?!

littlenvy
February 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
LOL! I thought you meant Avatars ... as in the pictures under our usernames. :p And I was like "Heck YES I'm full of envy!!" And then I thought, "oh, I haven't seen this James Cameron on board yet; should go and check out his profile" .... and then it hit me :o:o

I guess I should go see the movie. :)

trillian
February 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
If I could get away with a mohawk in a professional environment... I would have one in a heartbeat! I also wouldn't object to lots and lots of braids everywhere, or secretly, I would love to have dreadlocks.

However, I'm a consultant, and have been told I'm pushing the envelope with my long hair. We're talking straight, BSL (barely) here folks. I don't consider it long, it's healthy, light brown, and admittedly, with my slightly long face, I look like a quintessential hippy, even when I wear my hair up, which is 95% of the time.

Quite frankly, I miss the days when I could do whatever the heck I wanted with my hair. I'm settling for it being somewhat long, and healthy, but I'm with you. if I could get away with shaving it, I would. If I could get away with a mohawk, dreadlocks, braids everywhere... Sign me up. Also, if my mohawk could be hot pink...

Rapunzelwannabe
February 18th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I bet there's a way to faux-hawk long hair with maybe side french braids and gel- it'd probably look even more dramatic that way!

Fog
February 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I get appearance envy when watching 'Avatar.' Not that looking like a Na'vi would do me any favors in this world, but Zoe Saldana's character is so beautiful in that movie.

RitaPG
February 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
*raises hand*

I wasn't really impressed by the movie, but the hair was awesome. Makes me wish my braid was knee length already :D
You're not weird, they do have some uber cool hairstyles.

Cowgirl16
February 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Another LH with braid envy:eyebrows: