PDA

View Full Version : Thick Fine Hair type products?! Fine Coarse hair prodcuts?!

AngelicOne
February 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Why is it that there isn't any products that work with these hair types?? This includes hair accessories, shampoos, conditioners, and other hair care products. You even read on some shampoo and conditioner products which make your hair thicker that they are for thin or fine hair. Why would anyone who has fine hair who's hair is already very thick want to make their hair much more thicker than anybody on the entire planet could handle! There should be hair products and hair accessories especially for both of these types of hair separately not just for fine thin hair, or thick coarse hair! It truly can be a royal pain!

Mental note, medium hair includes all hair types in between rolled into one, and mine truly is not medium, it's fine and thick!

krissykins
February 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
This (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=188) might help you a bit :)

Welcome to LHC!

AngelicOne
February 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks. I still wonder why there aren't any hair accessories like large barrette clips that work better for thick fine hair? It seems I either break the hair clips because my hair is so thick, or they slide out because my hair is so fine. This truly is a royal pain!

Here are two examples of situations that I've had happen to me related to this:

One time I put one of those large Jaw hair clips that was meant for fine hair in my hair and within a few seconds without even messing with the jaw clip it flew out of my hair

This happens often, well I'll try to put one of those hair jaw clips that are meant for thick hair and it would be very difficult to get all of the hair to stay in the hair clip. Once I'd get the hair all in a lot of my hair would just slip out again!

Sometimes I just like to put my hair up in hair clips because they give me less stress on the neck and less stress on me head by the roots unlike hair ties like clothe robber bands and hair scrunches. Plus sometimes it can be too hot to wear my hair down, or I need to get my hair out of my eyes when the wind is blowing, and of course nobody would want hair in their food after I've made made something to eat.

krissykins
February 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Have you tried hair sticks/forks? I have thick hair, though it is more medium/coarse, and those work quite well for me. There are also many fine-haired lovelies here who make it work for them :flower:

AngelicOne
February 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Edit error. I couldn't edit.

I forgot to put the word broke after my hair clip flew out of my hair.

krissykins
February 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM
You will have the ability to edit posts after 25 quality posts on the forum.

AngelicOne
February 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Yes I have tried sticks/forks and they just slip right out.

AngelicOne
February 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Oh, I didn't know that about editing. I'm new to this group so it's good that I know for the future. Thanks for telling me.

Phalaenopsis
February 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks. I still wonder why there aren't any hair accessories like large barrette clips that work better for thick fine hair? It seems I either break the hair clips because my hair is so thick, or they slide out because my hair is so fine. This truly is a royal pain!

Here are two examples of situations that I've had happen to me related to this:

One time I put one of those large Jaw hair clips that was meant for fine hair in my hair and within a few seconds without even messing with the jaw clip it flew out of my hair

This happens often, well I'll try to put one of those hair jaw clips that are meant for thick hair and it would be very difficult to get all of the hair to stay in the hair clip. Once I'd get the hair all in a lot of my hair would just slip out again!

Sometimes I just like to put my hair up in hair clips because they give me less stress on the neck and less stress on me head by the roots unlike hair ties like clothe robber bands and hair scrunches. Plus sometimes it can be too hot to wear my hair down, or I need to get my hair out of my eyes when the wind is blowing, and of course nobody would want hair in their food after I've made made something to eat.

It can really be a royal pain, I complained a lot about it the last years :) But you really can find a balance. It will just take you a bit longer to find something that works.

For instance, not all products do exactly what they say :P You have conditioners for dry hair that aren't really that nourishing according to people with dry hair. But they're great for people like us :) Nourishing enough for long hair, but not weighing down too much.

And stay away from claw clips, they're not made for hair like we have :) I recommend flexi's for half ups, if you find the right size, they work great!
A life saver for me are 60th street forks, especially the ones with three prongs. They managed to hold my slippery hair like a rock. ^^

MandyBeth
February 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
I've got cat fine hair, now at high ii or low iii (depends on the day). Claw clips are a flaming joke, they will break or fall out. Break mostly. But the clips meant for thick hair, grrrr, they often have some part that's sticky or something and that catches my hair and breaks my cat fine hair.

Grrrrrrrr