PDA

View Full Version : Updos for thin, BSL to waist???

pariate
February 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi

I know there are HEAPS of updo articles and threads, but if you have thin hair you'll know just how frustrating it can be to see these wonderful styles modelled by people with thick hair, knowing that when you try it in YOUR hair it'll look like someone shrank the updo in the wash... :p

My hair is BSL, thin and wurly. The BSL and wurly I am fine with. I can even handle having much thinner hair than I used to, but really need some inspiration for updos.

I can do messy buns (the hair isn't wrapped as tightly so it doesn't look so tiiiiiiiiiny on my head) and a french twist doesn't look too bad, but I wondered if anyone could give me some more ideas? I can't be the only one in this situation, can I?!

Anje
February 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Ever try a figure-8 bun? How about a celtic knot? They're a little small on thinnies (and I'm barely a ii myself), but you might be able to do them at your length, whereas the people with heaps of hair need to wait til they're getting toward classic!

pariate
February 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Ever try a figure-8 bun? How about a celtic knot? They're a little small on thinnies (and I'm barely a ii myself), but you might be able to do them at your length, whereas the people with heaps of hair need to wait til they're getting toward classic!

Hurrah! Our first contributor! Thanks, I'll look it up and give the celtic knot a try. The figure 8 bun looks sadly pathetic with my hair... :o

PrincessTieflin
February 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
When I do a cinna bun I split and wrap it both ways (if that makes sense) Makes my bun look bigger then a golf ball...

Also a nautalis bun works well too.. and dont look that small as well as a LWB.

ETA: The lwb in my avitar was taken at just below shoulder