PDA

View Full Version : new protective do

proo
February 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
In the attempt to protect my apl ends I created (or reinvented) a hidden bun with the bun part inside up against my scalp - no toys and sometimes it hangs in all day. So here goes, my apologies for lack of pics (no technology):
I twist it all up as if to make a peacock twist, then create a hole near the crown, kind of like a topsy tail would. I dump the end of my twisted tail in there and keep twisting with my finger in the center hole that has formed - continuing to twist the whole thing around underneath, that's where all the hair is. The do looks like a hole in the back that all the hair feeds into, pretty cool.

breezefaerie
February 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm trying to picture this ... almost like a Gibson tuck?

krissykins
February 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hmm. Could you draw a picture in paint? Lol sorry, I'm not good at visualizing, but I do want to make sure I've done this right!

proo
February 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Sort of like a gibson tuck, but the hair doesn't feed all the way through, it stays in the pouch. There's a central hole that all the hair is feeding into; I stick my finger in there to hold the whole thing steady, then manipulate the bun underneath, twisting it round underneath.

curlychica702
February 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
oooh sounds cool, hmmm mabey someone else can try it and take a picture...im cunfuzzled trying 2 picture it:confused:

abbatabba1137
February 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Would this be something that gets harder to do on longer hair????

pepperminttea
February 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Sort of like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08Ikn5lcyA)?

proo
February 18th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Yes Pepperminttea, that's pretty much it. If she tucked that bun underneath more and flattened it, put her finger in the central hole and spun it round a but more I think it'd be my bun. Gonna try that now. It really helped seeing it like that, thanks.

annieangel149
February 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
kool! i look forward to trying that when my hair is longer :D