PDA

View Full Version : LHC - a whole new world...a whole new addiction!

boudica
February 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Before I arrived in January, I had some hair ties and a few bobby pins. Before that, I only had one Quattro hair fork (corian) that I loved, for about 8 years. I lost it last year. (so sad!)

I ran across his work on Etsy just when I joined this site. Now I've discovered others.

Must....stop....collecting...hairtoys....

The first step is admitting I have a problem.

I'm not spending the rent money on them and I usually don't have such a lack of self-control. I just want to control myself better.

I've just discovered a whole new world and need to take it a bit more slowly. I've just never been so indulgent.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Alvrodul
February 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
You will feel right at home here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47976)!:D

krissykins
February 17th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Haha, any time I have cash left over that isn't going into savings or some other expense, I start researching my next hairtoy ^_^

wvgemini
February 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Yup, haha. That's why I had to step away from the forum for several months :p I was spending too much on hair stuffs. Of course, now that I'm back, I'm contemplating some Anita Grant goodies ... but I have managed to lay off the actual hair toys.

PeacenQuietGal
February 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I can only hope to have this addiction one day...when my hair can hold some pretty things, and when i getr some "skills" at up-do's. .. But.. I will have this problem baaaaad this time next year!! :knit:

squintinschool
February 17th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Yup. I joined in December, and have now bought a pair of ketylos, two flexis, a set of Nightblooming finishing pins, and a 4-prong fork from 60th street (which hasn't arrived yet :(). I also bought a PrettyWrap and a wood comb. And I really want to buy more toys, but the state of my bank account balance means that they will have to wait a bit.

Nae
February 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Ummm yeah, I need to stop. I have gone two days without buying anything though! I started buying stuff on St. Patrick's day 2010 and now we are up to over a two month supply of hairtoys without ever having a repeat!

So, I have decided to just not go on etsy for a while (although it is calling my name.) I want to appreciate the things I have. There are some that I haven't even had time to wear yet because newer pretties have been arriving in the mail so frequently. *sighs* Must. Wear. Everything. Before. Buying. More.

Gypsy Librarian
February 17th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I wish I could use hair toys! I would love to have a problem with buying too much stuff like that. My hair is at an awkward length so not a lot of stuff works and I have no aptitude with updos, so I'll be sticking to a ponytail or a simple bun.

I do have a significant problem with buying hair products like shampoo and conditioners and all that. My shower is filled with little bottles and tubes. I need to make myself use up everything before I buy anything new, but this forum is taunting me with things I want to try!

jackiesjottings
February 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Oh yes!! I kept all the hair toys I had when my hair was long before the 1995 cut and I am so glad I did because I wear them again now. They have their own little 4 drawer cabinet to live in. It is a lovely addiction to have, harms none, and think of all the pretties :)) I am about to start making hair toys too :))

(I love calling them hair toys as well)