PDA

View Full Version : Braiding tip

Pierre
February 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I braid both sides of my hair. The three bundles of hair aren't all the same length, so I figured out this method. It produces an English braid the way I do it, but could be modified for a Spanish braid.
1. Start with both hands palm down, the tip of the left middle finger touching the tip of the right index finger, and the rearmost bundle on the left side in slot L1 and the other two in R1 and R2.
2. If you are less than halfway down the braid, take about 1/10 of bundle R1 and add it to L1.
3. Put the remainder of bundle R1 into L2.
4. Move bundle R2 to R1.
5. If you are less than halfway down the braid, take about 1/10 of bundle L1 and add it to R1.
6. Put the remainder of bundle L1 into R2.
7. Move bundle L2 to L1.
8. If you are more than 5 cm from the end, go to step 2.
With 16 bumps, they're pretty well mixed when they get to the bottom, yet it still looks like an ordinary braid.

owlathena
February 17th, 2011, 01:59 AM
So this way, the hair is moved from bundle to bundle so that its distributed evenly? I'm not that I understand the directions, but I get the concept. The right side of my hair is shorter/thinner due to bleach damage. I suppose this would even things out so that my braids could be longer/have shorter tassels.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is a spanish braid?

Pierre
February 17th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Spanish is to English as French is to Dutch. (Actually it's as French is to German, but I was exposed to German, not Dutch, when I was a kid.)

L1 is the space between the left thumb and index finger. The way I do it is putting the index finger of one hand into the bundle in the first slot of the other hand and separating off a small piece off while the rest goes into slot 2.