PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Braid ...

evampr18
February 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Lol! I am jealous of your awesome hair braiding skills! It takes me about 10 minutes of braiding and rebraiding to get a simple English braid down... sigh.

boudica
February 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
He notices those kinds of things? I hope you got his number...

Jenn of Pence
February 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I actually did an improptu French braid in the lab this afternoon...just took a minute (it wasn't complex, just two "tiers"). I was quite surprised, but I've been practicing the French braid in February. :)

Very interesting that the guy noticed, much less decided to comment about it!

gthlvrmx
February 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I! notice those types of things, all those types of things fast :D no, we're not that dumb. and we do notice, we just don't say. :P

fluffybunny
February 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cool compliment! I would love for someone to notice any sort of hair-do skills. But it does always surprise me when people are impressed by the ability to do a simple braid. I guess some people never learned.

evampr18
February 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
He notices those kinds of things? I hope you got his number...
HAHAHA! NO, my heart is taken, I am in love, deep love with the man of my dreams, he just doesn't know yet...hahaha.

DTsgirl
February 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I think most guys DO notice, but if they're not close to us (like they're not your dad, brother or lover), they feel like if they say anything, we'll get all weird on them, like "How DARE you notice anything about me besides my mind!" The sad thing is, most women would love a genuine compliment by a non-creepy man, but the poor man has been burned for life by ONE scary lady who went bats over an innocent comment. Just my thought.

islandboo
February 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I think most guys DO notice, but if they're not close to us (like they're not your dad, brother or lover), they feel like if they say anything, we'll get all weird on them, like "How DARE you notice anything about me besides my mind!" The sad thing is, most women would love a genuine compliment by a non-creepy man, but the poor man has been burned for life by ONE scary lady who went bats over an innocent comment. Just my thought.

Sadly, I think you're right about this.

vanillabones
February 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Males are amazed by braids. The only thing I find odd is that a guy working at HOME DEPOT would notice haha :P I barely have any hair and had a tiny strand braided and clipped to the side and my DBF asked who did it for me.. ahahahahah.

Monkey962
February 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Guys don't even pay attention to what perfume you have on or if you've been wearing the same jeans for 2 weeks or if you got a hair cut....All they notice is if food is in your teeth or you have a booger in your nose.

Hey, I take offense to that! I notice plenty of things. Well, not those things. Well I do, but...nevermind

Perhaps that's why I'm not so good with women, I'm not like a typical guy.

Zefyra
February 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
One of my best friends (who had curly gorgeous hair to her hips until a couple years ago) was amazed at the fact that I could do french braids on my layered shoulder length hair...

teela1978
February 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Braids appear to be confounding things to non-braiders. A while ago I was at a party with my hair down, it was getting warm so I braided it real quick. All of a sudden a friend stares at me for a second and goes "your hair wasn't braided before! How'd you do that!?!?". Apparently they're viewed as a time-consuming activity by the braiding inexperienced :)

darklion
February 20th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I guess braids do confound some people. I learned how to do the 4 and 5 strand braids on bread loaves! We baked almost every weekend and my parents couldn't do the more complex braids.
Now I was lucky, my dad sent me off to school as a little girl with braids in my hair. He learned to braid just for me. So maybe braiding just runs in the family.

islandboo
February 20th, 2011, 07:56 PM
What a cool dad!

When I was a little girl I had a 4-poster bed. I would take pieces of yarn and tie them to the posts and braid those so I got pretty good at it. My mom still can't braid at all, so I was braiding my own hair from the time I was pretty young.

Jcv-Shelley
February 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Lucky! I used to be able to make neat and nice braids, but ever since I got layers bits of hairs stick out.

Zefyra
February 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
@darklion: Your dad sounds great! My dad would put my hair in ponytails and such but I seem to remember teaching myself how to braid by reverse-engineering it from one of my dolls. Ha!

Mesmerise
February 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hmm when you talk about an ordinary braid are you talking about a plait? Cause to me a braid is a French braid or a Dutch braid, but without the other hair going into it, it's just a plait lol. Maybe it's a regional terminology thing?? Or maybe there's some other sort of braid I haven't figured out yet!

I haven't for the life of me figured out the Dutch braid, but I learned to French braid when I was 8, just by staring at some other girl's hair! My mother hadn't a clue how to do any such thing so I had to figure it out by myself. My first attempt wasn't too good, but I eventually learned how to do a reasonable one on myself!

Sherwood
February 20th, 2011, 09:27 PM
When I was 11 the family went to live in another country for a year, and I went to boarding school there. The school uniform required a tie, and my father taught me how to tie that. But somehow it never occurred to either my mother or me that I had never braided my own hair before, she had always done it. So for the first several mornings in this strange new environment I would stand in front of the mirror, tieing my school tie, while 1 of my new friends would stand behind me braiding my hair! That changed pretty quickly, but I rather think that my short haired friends rather enjoyed it!

scorpio_rising
February 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
That's awesome.
I need braiding lessons, dang.

evampr18
February 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Hey, I take offense to that! I notice plenty of things. Well, not those things. Well I do, but...nevermind

Perhaps that's why I'm not so good with women, I'm not like a typical guy.

Hahaha, aw, don't be offended! Will a hug fix it? :grouphug:

kme81
February 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
I know how you feel! I always end up french braiding my hair at school, I get so many looks of wonder, especially from the guys, when I do it!

kme81
February 21st, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hmm when you talk about an ordinary braid are you talking about a plait? Cause to me a braid is a French braid or a Dutch braid, but without the other hair going into it, it's just a plait lol. Maybe it's a regional terminology thing?? Or maybe there's some other sort of braid I haven't figured out yet!

I haven't for the life of me figured out the Dutch braid, but I learned to French braid when I was 8, just by staring at some other girl's hair! My mother hadn't a clue how to do any such thing so I had to figure it out by myself. My first attempt wasn't too good, but I eventually learned how to do a reasonable one on myself!
American "braid" = British "plait"
American "French braid" = British "braid"
One of my friends grew up in England. This translation of sorts is true for the area where she is from. :)

Aibell77
February 21st, 2011, 01:59 AM
It is amazing the guy even noticed.
I once went out (very long time ago) and I wore a red wig. Me and my girlfriend where talking with two guys and I went to the bathroom to take the wig off. Underneath was my own blond hair. Did the guys notice.... no! We had a laugh and left them standing... :)

Sorry little off topic..

evampr18
February 21st, 2011, 08:39 PM
It is amazing the guy even noticed.
I once went out (very long time ago) and I wore a red wig. Me and my girlfriend where talking with two guys and I went to the bathroom to take the wig off. Underneath was my own blond hair. Did the guys notice.... no! We had a laugh and left them standing... :)

Sorry little off topic..

HAHA! That is awesome..:p

charalito
February 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Did you nominate the guy for employee of the month? That's attention to detail and customer service :)

You must have done a pretty braid for him to 1. notice 2. say something. Congrats!