PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp

Ashenputtel
February 16th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I have a very dry itchy scalp with some psoriasis in it. The psoriasis in itself isn't major but the itchy feeling is just terrible.

I've been trying to wair my hair up to avoid wind damage and it itches so much I can't stand it.

Anybody else with the same problem? What do you do to calm it?

Anywhere
February 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have this exact problem. I find that after a couple weeks of massaging oil into my scalp its gotten better. Not entirely better, but much better than before.

I use coconut oil, put a little on my fingertips and massage it in to the front of my hairline, and continue this (adding more coconut oil to my fingers after I'm done with each new part) until my whole head is covered. I do this maybe every other day that I don't wash my hair. Once a week I'll heavy oil my scalp with EVOO and leave it on for a few hours, then CO it out. I'm not sure if you have a shedding problem but I found oiling helped my excessive shedding.

HTH.

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I agree with oiling the scalp--that seems to have helped others immensely!

Roscata
February 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Have you read this LHC article:
Dry, itchy scalp treatments (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=6)

Hope it helps. :D

Ashenputtel
February 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I tryed the oiling yesterday with massage and live clean argan oil (argan oil mixed with grape seed oil and other oils).

I don't have coconut oil and I think it would be to heavy for my fine think hair.

Thanks for the link I found a psoriasis thread but it wasn't really helping since my major issue is the dryness not the psoriasis.

I also did a CO wash yesterday.

It's still itchy though, just not painfull as before.

RadiantNeedle
February 17th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Apple Cider Vinegar rinses have done a great deal in terms of cutting down my scalp itching (and burning >.<).