PDA

View Full Version : New Hairstyle?

IStand4u
February 15th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Okay, so I think I created a new hairstyle but I have no idea! Please tell me what you guys think... I was putting my hair up to wash my face (yes I had straightened it today) and this came out of it! I've seem stuff like it, but not exactly... and I can repeat it!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/LHC5.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/LHC4.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/LHC3.jpg

There you have it!

ETA: I also dyed my hair (I know bad for it), and finally got the color I wanted I think!

arc691
February 16th, 2011, 02:57 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/smileytocoolblueshadesmsg.gif Great idea! That looks terrific! I did something similar once with braids, but I like your smooth look. http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/NewPicture779.jpg

Avital88
February 16th, 2011, 03:02 AM
haha im wearing that one every day.. it just happens all the time to be like that when i put it up and its cute!!

Eolan
February 16th, 2011, 03:07 AM
My sister always puts her hair up in a similar way, but with a pony tail holder instead. I think your folding is a bit more intricuate than hers. It looks nice! :)

2peasinapod
February 16th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I like it! It's very simple, but pretty. It reminds me of a butterfly wing. I love your color, too. :)

skyblue
February 16th, 2011, 07:27 AM
cute! I love it!

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone! I think it looks a bit like the Padme battle bun, but it's done very differently... so should I call it the lazy Padme bun? Or vertical butterfly wing bun?

ravenreed
February 16th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I love this style but I can't do it. For some reason it pulls something fierce. Maybe you could explain what you did exactly so I can see if it would work better for me? *hint, hint* I like the lazy Padme, by the way.

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
lol thanks ravenreed! I'm liking the lazy Padme bun too.

What I did...

1. Gathered my hair at the spot above the nape of your neck but below where you would put a "normal" pony.
2. I twisted it clockwise with my right hand and pulled it up and kept twisting while bringing it down (if that makes sense).
3. I twisted the top over itself to create a sorta loop.
4. Took my claw clip (biggest one I could find) and clipped it.
5. It wasn't very secure so I took the top hair at my sides and gently pushed it toward the clip, unclipped my hair and grapped the whole thing, pushed down a bit to create that "loose" look and clipped it till it was secure.

If that doesn't make sense I can try and make a video for you. :) It would be my first video though... besides ones I did for school...

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I like it! It's very simple, but pretty. It reminds me of a butterfly wing. I love your color, too. :)
Thank you, I love the color also... I think it actually suites me for once lol

GeoJ
February 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I used to do one like that, but with a big, long claw clip (longer than any I see in stores now). I didn't do as much twisting, though. It was mostly folding or looping (I did it both ways) with just a little twisting at the start.

ETA: I forgot to say, your version looks much prettier than mine did!

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I used to do one like that, but with a big, long claw clip (longer than any I see in stores now). I didn't do as much twisting, though. It was mostly folding or looping (I did it both ways) with just a little twisting at the start.

ETA: I forgot to say, your version looks much prettier than mine did!

Cool, and thank you for the compliment!

Does this mean there isn't a name for it???

spidermom
February 16th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Nice. I've ended up with similar a time or 2, but I can't do it at will.

It reminds me of the traditional Navajo hair bundle, although that one includes a ribbon or scarf.

Mesmerise
February 16th, 2011, 05:57 PM
That's very similar to one I sometimes do too! I just use a different clip... errm not sure what to call my clip though... just not a claw one...it's a long one ;)

Red_Wednesday
February 16th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Very pretty! Gah!! I will be sooo glad when my hair is long enough to try some of these cute styles:p.

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Nice. I've ended up with similar a time or 2, but I can't do it at will.

It reminds me of the traditional Navajo hair bundle, although that one includes a ribbon or scarf.
I've never heard of a Navajo hair bundle before *goes to look it up and comes back*
That is actually really neat, now I want to find out how to add the ribbon or rope to secure it!

Very pretty! Gah!! I will be sooo glad when my hair is long enough to try some of these cute styles:p.

Your hair will get there! Don't worry have a little patience! My hair is now only getting to mid-back when it's straight :) It will get there!

IStand4u
February 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
That's very similar to one I sometimes do too! I just use a different clip... errm not sure what to call my clip though... just not a claw one...it's a long one ;)

Picture???