PDA

View Full Version : Hook 'em while they're young.... The Enablinator Strikes!

GRU
February 15th, 2011, 11:59 AM
As I walked into the lobby of my son's Tae Kwon Do do-jang last night, I noticed a mom and her (absolutely adorable) 5yo daughter Sydney were looking around for the elastic they were going to use to put Sydney's hair back. Sydney has *gorgeous* waist-length brown/black hair, probably about a 2b/2c, fine (like kid hair is pre-puberty), and plentiful (probably the kid equivalent of ii/iii).

Normally I could have whipped out a spare elastic from my coat pocket, but we had some lovely warm weather (40F) and I had only worn a light hoodie that night. I did, however, have my backpack (studying for my final exam for tonight), and I had a hairstick (child's chopstick) in the accessory compartment of my backpack.

I offered my services, demonstrating how I could put all my volumes of hair into a bun in less than ten seconds with nothing more than a hairstick and my hands. (All of the other moms there were commenting on how impressive it was... people really don't have any idea how simple hairstick buns can be!)

When her mom said it was okay, Sydney skipped over to me. First off, I have to say that I am TOTALLY envious of this little girl's locks. I admit it. Envy is not a good trait, but it's definitely one that I have -- putting that gorgeous hair in my hands made me turn COMPLETELY green with envy. It's sooooo smooth and silky in a way that we curlies can only dream about. Anyway, back to the story.

It took me two tries to get the right amount of tension -- I'm not accustomed to putting buns in others' hair, and particularly with a tiny girl I didn't want to over-tighten it. Her mom came over to watch, and she was amazed at how simple it was. Sydney skipped off to join the others in the do-jang, and her mom commented that she was going to have to learn how to do that because it looked so adorable on Sydney (I had left a small tail hanging down, and it was curly and so cute!) so I gave the mom a lesson with my own hair and a pencil.

I put on my headphones then and started studying, and about 10 minutes later Sydney tapped me on the shoulder and handed me back the stick -- her mom had located the wayward elastic. I told Sydney that if she wanted to, she could take the hairstick over to her mom and tell her that I gave it to her so she could learn to do updos at home. Talk about a happy grin! :D

She skipped over to her mom and told her what I said, and as her mom was putting the stick into her purse, Sydney admonished, "That's MY hairstick, NOT yours, so you don't get to keep it!" Sydney ran back into the do-jang for the rest of her class then, while all the moms chuckled. (You may have noticed that Sydney never walks -- she either skips or bounces or runs!)

There are always smiles on the adults' faces when Sydney is in the room -- she really is an adorable little girl.... actually, now she's an adorable enabled little girl. :eyebrows:

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Kitteh
February 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
That is adorable! I wish someone gave me my first hairtoy at such a young age... By now, I would have been the old woman who lived in a hairstick cabin :cheese:

Angel_099
February 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
:) Awww! Sounds like you made her day! I'm new here and need to look into hair sticks. Do you know how to easily explain them or point me to a good thread? Haven't looked yet since there are so many things to read about on this site! It is full of enablers though :p...already spent $150!! And I've got a list started of more that I "need"...just added hairsticks!

vanity_acefake
February 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
What a lovely story. You will now be her idol.
:)

Alvrodul
February 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Adorable story! :cheese:

Kitteh
February 15th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Try chopsticks! Shorten, sand down, lacquer or leave au naturel, hotglue decorations and you have a gorgeous, unique one! :)

If you are not good with crafts, I can make you one free :eyebrows: Buuut... You pay for shipping from Europe. I'm not that nice :p

:) Awww! Sounds like you made her day! I'm new here and need to look into hair sticks. Do you know how to easily explain them or point me to a good thread? Haven't looked yet since there are so many things to read about on this site! It is full of enablers though :p...already spent $150!! And I've got a list started of more that I "need"...just added hairsticks!

chopandchange
February 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
That's a really sweet story, but I'm just wondering if it's wise to use the child's real name and write about her on the Internet without the parents' permission. :confused:

Of course, you haven't used her full name, but I think I would have just used her initial or else made up a fake name.

edit: maybe I am just being overly paranoid about privacy. After all it wasn't a photo, just a name. OK, shut up now, chopandchange.

chopandchange begs to be excused but is currently very oversensitive to personal privacy on the Internet for her own reasons.

Anyway, yay for hairsticks!

GRU
February 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Another thing I forgot to say... as I was pulling her hair back and combing it with my fingers, I said that this would just take me a minute because her hair is sooooo long, and she didn't miss a beat: "So is yours!" It was one of those "oh my gosh, other people think my hair is long, dancing cheese time :cheese:" moments in my life! :lol:

Kitteh -- I can totally see the "hairstick cabin"... like the Hansel & Gretel story, only with hairsticks instead of cookies and candies. It would be SO PRETTY!

Angel 099 -- welcome! For how to use hairsticks, check out the styling articles (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=category&categoryid=1). For how to blow mind-numbing sums of money on hairsticks, check out the Hair Accessories forum (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46) where there are threads for specific hairstick artists and also an entire thread of different "new" artists on etsy, etc.

vanity_acefake -- pretty amazing how happy you can make another person with a 25-cent wooden stick, isn't it? I hope she really does enjoy it and learns how to love her hair at a young age, instead of despising it like I did for so many years.

chopandchange -- what's to say that I didn't already change the name? :eyebrows:

chopandchange
February 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
chopandchange -- what's to say that I didn't already change the name? :eyebrows:

I beg your pardon.

People normally write something like "let's call her X" if changing a name, so I just made a wrong assumption. :o

P.S. I'm curious - which bun did you do?

ericthegreat
February 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM
What a cute story! I'm sure Sydney* must have been so thrilled to both become your new little friend and to have learned how to put up her own hair with a hair stick.

GRU
February 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
P.S. I'm curious - which bun did you do?

I think it most closely resembles a Nautilus? It's the one that I do without thinking about it... I don't even know if I can describe it -- I wrap my hair around my hand once, kind of flip my wrist/twist my hand around, flatten the wrapped part down on my head, and insert the stick just inside one wrapped part, down [meaning towards my skull, not towards my feet] and behind the twisted part, and back up just inside the other side of the wrapped part. Does that make any sense? :confused: Does that sound like a Nautilus? I really need to learn all the different names one day -- I've been here over a year after all! :o

I just know I can do it start to finish in less than ten seconds, it only needs one stick to hold it, and it holds like concrete.

Kitteh
February 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I think it most closely resembles a Nautilus? It's the one that I do without thinking about it... I don't even know if I can describe it -- I wrap my hair around my hand once, kind of flip my wrist/twist my hand around, flatten the wrapped part down on my head, and insert the stick just inside one wrapped part, down [meaning towards my skull, not towards my feet] and behind the twisted part, and back up just inside the other side of the wrapped part. Does that make any sense? :confused: Does that sound like a Nautilus? I really need to learn all the different names one day -- I've been here over a year after all! :o

I just know I can do it start to finish in less than ten seconds, it only needs one stick to hold it, and it holds like concrete.

I'd like to know which one is this, too! I learned to do it when I didn't have internet, just kinda wrapped and pinned - at first with two sticks, then realized I don't need the other one.

Actually, I'm lying my big a** off. I was saving half of the sticks to build my chopstick/hairstick cabin. Tee-hee!

Angel_099
February 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Try chopsticks! Shorten, sand down, lacquer or leave au naturel, hotglue decorations and you have a gorgeous, unique one! :)

If you are not good with crafts, I can make you one free :eyebrows: Buuut... You pay for shipping from Europe. I'm not that nice :p:blossom: Thanks for the sweet offer, Kitteh! :D I do happen to be crafty though so I will just have a project to look forward to! :cheese:

Kitteh
February 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
:blossom: Thanks for the sweet offer, Kitteh! :D I do happen to be crafty though so I will just have a project to look forward to! :cheese:

You're welcome, Angel! Great, glad to see another pair of able hands here on LHC ;)

spitfire511
February 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hurrah for enabling the youth! :) Thanks for sharing this cute story. It gave ma a much-needed grin this afternoon.

Angel_099
February 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Angel 099 -- welcome! For how to use hairsticks, check out the styling articles (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=category&categoryid=1). For how to blow mind-numbing sums of money on hairsticks, check out the Hair Accessories forum (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46) where there are threads for specific hairstick artists and also an entire thread of different "new" artists on etsy,

:flower:Thanks for the welcome and the links...must steer clear of the hair accessories forum!Don't need to spend anymore money for a while. :shake: Well...maybe just a peek...:run:

Anywhere
February 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM
How cute. :D

You darned enabler, you. ;):eyebrows:

Pyvsi
February 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I read this story and immediately searched some hair stick tutorials on YouTube. And that's it. Okay, I'm a super shortie, but as soon as my hair is long enough to do two mini buns with hair sticks, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, doggone! And my six month old daughter is in for it...just wait...

Nae
February 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Look at you! Such a bad influence in such a good way!! ;) That must have been fun! Plus you got to check out how to do a bun in a totally different texture of hair! That is exciting. I always have a great time doing my nieces hair because theirs is so different from mine or my twin girls.

tinti
February 15th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Aww what a cute story!

Alvrodul
February 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I read this story and immediately searched some hair stick tutorials on YouTube. And that's it. Okay, I'm a super shortie, but as soon as my hair is long enough to do two mini buns with hair sticks, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, doggone! And my six month old daughter is in for it...just wait...
I am sure your daughter will love your hairsticks - to chew on and generally play with. :p I used to work in a day care center with toddlers, and there was one little boy who would snatch my hairsticks out of my hair given the tiniest chance. Other children also liked my hairtoys, but not quite to that degree.:D

Blandine
February 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. The result looks more or less like a Nautilus or LWB but the technique is a bit different. In the German-speaking long-hair scene it is known as "Wickeldutt" and I have long been wondering if there is an English term for it. Here is a German video that shows how it is done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9tUzrxEBVg&feature=player_embedded

**mental note to self: deposit a spare hairstick in handbag, just in case**

GRU
February 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about. The result looks more or less like a Nautilus or LWB but the technique is a bit different. In the German-speaking long-hair scene it is known as "Wickeldutt" and I have long been wondering if there is an English term for it. Here is a German video that shows how it is done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9tUzrxEBVg&feature=player_embedded

**mental note to self: deposit a spare hairstick in handbag, just in case**

Great job, Blandine! That is extremely close to how I do it!

When I wrap it around my hand, I bring it back down on the same side (right), because my hair is so poofy that trying to wrap it over my left wrist means I have a heck of a time trying to grab hold of it all to do the little wrapping-around part. In order to have the "hold" area (because I didn't wrap it around the other way), I do a kind of "turn/twist" thing counter-clockwise with my left hand, so that the base of the loop gets a twist in it. But after that it's the same method as the video you posted -- wrap the tail around and tuck it under, spread the loop to the outsides, and insert stick.

It's my go-to bun, because I can do it in under ten seconds (takes me longer to go retrieve a hairstick than it does to actually do the bun!) and it just really holds. It's also easy to customize the tension -- if I just need my poof out of my way for a while while I do something, I can do a really loose one and then undo it and still have my curl pattern. Or if I need one to really hold, I can do it "facelift tight" and it won't budge.

Since the middle of my bun is a little bit different, how about instead of "Wickeldutt" we call mine "Pickelbutt"? :lol:

rena
February 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Your story brought back memories for me! I was somewhere from maybe, 7-8 or younger when I was out with my dad, and he had struck up a conversation with a very sweet lady outside a donut shop. At some point he walked off and it was just me and her talking. I can't remember what we were talking about but at some point, she just up and gave me this beautiful hairclip with pearls (artificial ones for decoration of course) right out of her purse as a gift. I was so surprised! I never saw her again, but that little moment has always stayed with me. I treasured that clip and wore it on days that were special to me, or when I was having a decent hair day.

I'll bet Sydney will have fun with her new hairtoy! :)

GRU
February 15th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Your story brought a smile to MY face, rena!

Now that I think of it, I got one of the sisters of a kid on my son's hockey team hooked on the Tangle Teezer at a tournament a couple weeks ago, too.... OMG, I'm a menace to the youth of today!!!!

rena
February 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Your story brought a smile to MY face, rena!

Now that I think of it, I got one of the sisters of a kid on my son's hockey team hooked on the Tangle Teezer at a tournament a couple weeks ago, too.... OMG, I'm a menace to the youth of today!!!!

Paving the way for better hair care one head at a time! :D Yeah!

McFearless
February 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Sydney's mom is sooo going to hate you in a few years for this :p

coppercurls
February 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Great story! :)

milagro
February 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
That's such a cute story :)

RadiantNeedle
February 16th, 2011, 12:57 AM
You need your own Enablinator theme song, GRU!

GRU
February 16th, 2011, 08:25 PM
You need your own Enablinator theme song, GRU!

I'm imagining something like the Batman theme.... :lol:

sibiryachka
February 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna hair toys!!

GRU
February 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna hair toys!!

Thanks, sibiryachka -- guess what's going to be running through my head for the rest of the afternoon!!!! :D

milagro
February 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM

I suggest the poster slogan: Enablinator always strikes twice!
You know a good story should have a hint at the sequel :D

GRU
February 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I suggest the poster slogan: Enablinator always strikes twice!
You know a good story should have a hint at the sequel :D

Actually, I enabled the Tangle Teezer for one girl and the hairstick for another, so now I'm ready for my "three-peat" sequel...

"The Enablinator...
you never know when she's going to strike!"

How about that? :lol:

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Actually, I enabled the Tangle Teezer for one girl and the hairstick for another, so now I'm ready for my "three-peat" sequel...

"The Enablinator...
you never know when she's going to strike!"

How about that? :lol:
Great! I'm hooked and storing on popcorn :D

Nae
February 18th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I think you need a super hero cape. *swoosh*

RadiantNeedle
February 18th, 2011, 06:32 AM
A cape lined with pockets FULL of hair toys!

Pixna
February 18th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Wonderful story!! That was so generous of you, GRU. And I love your official title: The Enablinator. :D

GRU
February 18th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Great! I'm hooked and storing on popcorn :D
:drama: :D

I think you need a super hero cape. *swoosh*
I'm reminded of the line from The Incredibles.... "No capes!" :p

A cape lined with pockets FULL of hair toys!
Well, I may have to make an exception on my "No capes!" stance -- a cape full of hair toys sounds mighty nice indeed! :eyebrows:

Wonderful story!! That was so generous of you, GRU. And I love your official title: The Enablinator. :D
Not sure how generous it was -- it was only a child's chopstick, so I don't think it even cost me 25-cents. I think I got as much out of it as she did... it was just so cute!

As for the title, I think I've had that for about six months now. I seem to be really good (bad?) about posting links to hair toys, discount codes, and various oils and butters... after being accused a gazillion times of being an enabler, I figured I'd just embrace it! :lol:

RadiantNeedle
February 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Well, the cape can double as a cape-wrap thing to put on the Enabled so they don't get henna/deep treatments on their clothing!

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
:D
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7093&pictureid=96354
Sorry I'm not good at Photoshop but you get the idea.

Pixna
February 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM

Wow!! I love this!!

RadiantNeedle
February 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Aaahahaha! Brilliant!!!

GRU
February 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM

OMG milagro, that is HILARIOUS!!!! I love all the details... The City of Bad Hair, the "E" on the cape... the hair... the handful of hairsticks... do you mind if I "steal" this for my new avatar picture?

UltraBella
February 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Gru, I wish we could fast forward 20 years and check out that little girl's stash of hair toys ! I am pretty sure you enabled me to buy something when I first got here.............

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
OMG milagro, that is HILARIOUS!!!! I love all the details... The City of Bad Hair, the "E" on the cape... the hair... do you mind if I "steal" this for my new avatar picture?
You're very welcome :D

Nae
February 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Oh my goodness!! That picture is absolutely brilliant. I was laughing so hard over here I was crying. So freaking awesome I can't even tell you! Milagro you are a genius!
:applause:spitting::laugh::rollin:

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Nae :)

Well it was a real team work, you guys provided the idea of cape and hairtoys stash, I scribbled the poster, we have the theme song and GRU is starring as The Enablinator! :drama:

Alvrodul
February 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Milagro, that picture is just brilliant! :laugh:

GRU
February 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I just had to tell you, milagro, that I've gotten a bunch of comments and even friend requests, all due to your artistic vision featured in my new avatar!

Thanks again, dearie! :flowers:

LadyG
February 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I laughed so hard I snorted. I can verify you are an enabler - I bought some of the stuff you've posted about. (Bows and cheers to the Enabler).

milagro
February 18th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I just had to tell you, milagro, that I've gotten a bunch of comments and even friend requests, all due to your artistic vision featured in my new avatar!

Thanks again, dearie! :flowers:
Glad to hear that :flowers:

leslissocool
February 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Great story!

skaempfer
February 19th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Robin: Holy Hairsticks, Batman! It's the Enablinator! What'll we do?

Batman: Stay calm, Robin; if we just act casual-

R: Act casual? Act casual? We're wearing tights! And you've got that... thing... on your head!

BM: Quiet! She's coming!

(Batman and Robin quickly pretend to be mannequins in the Sears 'wearing your underpants on top of your tights' department.)

Enablinator: Hello, you two. Hand over the Bat-a-rangs. I brought you some crescent moon hair forks instead.

BM: Oooooh, these are nice!

R: Holy Bat Guano, Batman! What are you---

BM: For Batgirl, of course!

E: I see my work here is done. I must away! Word has reached me that Little Orphan Annie is trying to use a fine tooth comb!

(Enablinator flies off into the sunset)

Pixna
February 19th, 2011, 08:51 AM

R: Act casual? Act casual? We're wearing tights! And you've got that... thing... on your head!

(Batman and Robin quickly pretend to be mannequins in the Sears 'wearing your underpants on top of your tights' department.)

Enablinator: Hello, you two. Hand over the Bat-a-rangs. I brought you some crescent moon hair forks instead.

E: I see my work here is done. I must away! Word has reached me that Little Orphan Annie is trying to use a fine tooth comb!

LOL!!! I must know the ending! What happened with Little Orphan Annie? Was her hair spared? Did the Enabilator work her superhero magic? Inquiring minds need to know!

Capybara
February 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
How adorable!

Milagro, you are a genius :D

Alvrodul
February 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Great vignette! Now, if the Enablinator can also tackle heroines who actually use hairbrushes on what is usually described as "their luscious curls".

milagro
February 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
skaempfer, lol :D

Great vignette! Now, if the Enablinator can also tackle heroines who actually use hairbrushes on what is usually described as "their luscious curls".
I bet they blow dry! :scared: Will the Enablinator blackout the city when Robin is reaching for her flatiron? ETA Why Robin?:D I meant that girl!

GRU
February 19th, 2011, 12:20 PM
You gals are KILLING me here!

Little Orphan Annie has been converted to a 'cone-free, CO-washing, and plopping routine. She's also been supplied with a Tangle Teezer for damage-free detangling purposes only, and she's been promised a Crisanti glass hairstick if she stops damaging her hair and starts growing it long enough to use a hairstick.

Who shall we aid-and-abet next? Wonder Woman's overly-teased-and-hairsprayed tresses, maybe? I'm willing to help anyone except Amy Winehouse... that is a hopeless case! :lol:

GRU
February 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I laughed so hard I snorted. I can verify you are an enabler - I bought some of the stuff you've posted about. (Bows and cheers to the Enabler).

Yeah, right, like it was ALL my fault????? ;)

EdG
February 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
This is a great thread. :cheese:

milagro - that's brilliant!

And GRU, you are a superhero. :)
Ed

AnnaJamila
February 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw how sweet! Lol, this post made me happy!

AnnaJamila
February 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha... ha... ha.

:)

patienceneeded
February 19th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

milagro
February 19th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I'm willing to help anyone except Amy Winehouse... that is a hopeless case! :lol:
Yeah she's a challenge :D and that's why the super-hair-hero should meet it!
She has gorgeous hair by nature btw, if only she were enabled...

Kathie
February 20th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Teehee, Sydney sounds so cute.

Ha! on closer inspection of this thread I can see that its turned into something far fun :D

skaempfer
February 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
This just in:

The Enablinator saved the day again in the early hours of Saturday morning. The happy rescue-ee this time was none other than Superman. It seems while rescuing mild mannered reporter Clark Oppenheimer Superman had become entangled in Oppenheimer's messy morning toilet. (That's 'toilet,' dear readers, not 'toilet.')

"I'm so thankful," gushed Oppenheimer. "My tube of Brylcreme was clogged; I just gave it a tiny squeeze, and BOOM!"

Apparently, Superman was hurrying to the scene when he slipped on a stray glob of Brylcreme and crashed through a closet door at light speed.

"I would like to assert," asserted Oppenheimer, "that this is the only reason why he wound up with my wife's brassier hanging from his left earlobe." Mrs. Oppenheimer was unavailable for comment but is selling the film rights on e-bay.

Be that as it may, the Enablinator, who was at the time acting as guest speaker at a rally calling for more attractive styling options for food service workers, was burning hairnets when she was summoned. The Cape-Coiffeurator performed what can only be called a 'fly-by-clarify.' Too busy for an interview with NoWitness News, she did say this:

"I wasn't about to get any closer than necessary to those two."

With help from several off-duty firefighters, a jumbo bottle of Suave Clarifying and two dozen rolls of Bounty, the marvelous masculine mess was soon mopped up.

After swapping hair care tips with firefighters Reg (3a/M/ii) and Nola (1c/F/ii) The Enablinator distributed small jars of coconut oil to the Brylcreme-battered onlookers, who received them with delight.

Will we ever get a real interview with the Airdried Avenger? Who can say? But one thing is certain; where ever there is a bad hair day, The Enablinator will be there, fighting for mousse, SMTs and hair sticks for all.

She was last seen headed north, no doubt she will be instrumental in taming The Great Static Threat that is currently shocking our Canadian neighbors.

GRU, you're my hair-thingy hero! And Sydney's too :crush:

milagro
February 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
^^ I love it :D skaempfer you made my evening :D :flowers:

Alvrodul
February 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Skaempfer, that is pure genius! :rockerdud:rollin:

Pixna
February 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM
LOL! skaempfer, you're a hoot (and so creative!)! :laugh: May the tales of the great hair avenger, Enabilator, continue!

GRU
February 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
GRU, you're my hair-thingy hero! And Sydney's too :crush:

Awwww, who knew that shoving pointy things into your hair could unite so many people in so much friendship!

And along with everyone else, I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment of ENABLINATOR -- The Great Caped Hair Avenger. Depending on the queue at the bridge, I can drive to Canada in about three hours, ya know. ;) And if Wonder Woman gives me a ride in her magic invisible jet, I can be there even quicker! :p

skaempfer
February 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Drive!?

That may do for mild-mannered GRU, but not for The Enablinator! The Enablinator can fly! (You should see her monographs on airborne seeds and insects of North America!)

Personally, I think she'll go after Aquaman next. What a waste of potential!

And remember, kids; always detangle gently! Whoosh!

KittyLost
February 22nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
That's a really cute story! She'll become a hairstick pro at her age haha

Aleria
February 27th, 2011, 09:30 PM
This thread is just plain epic and hilarious!

brickworld13
February 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I love this thread! I laughed the whole time I was reading it. :D

GRU
March 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Dearest skaempfer,

It is with the greatest sincerity that I implore you to bestow upon us another epic tale of enablination.

Our lives are sorely lacking in entertainment options, and our souls thirst for thy eloquence.

milagro
March 1st, 2011, 08:18 AM
^ Second! :pray:

Pyvsi
March 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I introduced my sisters to the beauty of LHC and hairsticks yesterday.
Once I taught Apple (not her real name) how to hold a bun in place with a stick, she spent the next half hour practicing it for her "Heartbreaker Move" - letting her hair down from a conservative bun to long, cascading hair in one swift movement. I'm going to keep an eye on her from now on to make sure she doesn't use that move with just anybody, LOL.
Meanwhile, Peach (not her real name) was quite fascinated that she could do a french twist without all those doggone bobby pins.

GRU
February 4th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Well, I'm at it again/still.... :eyebrows:

My son plays hockey, and about a month or two ago I showed the Tangle Teezer to one of the moms on the team b/c her preschooler has that super-fine hair with a bit of curl to it, and you could tell that they had fights over brushing her hair (b/c of the owie-factor). I explained to the little girl that it was my Magic Brush and it brushes your hair without hurting.

Fast forward to this Saturday afternoon's hockey game. I took the now-3yo (had a birthday last week) onto my lap and entertained her so her mom could watch the game, and she asked me if I had my Magic Brush with me. I told her that I brought it, but it was back at the hotel (playoffs out of town all weekend, so the whole team stayed at a hotel). And then she told me she wanted to grow her hair all the way down to her butt. :crush:

After the game, I got an Enablinator idea! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/idea.gif

A quick :google: search revealed a Sally Beauty Supply less than ten minutes away. A quick phone call confirmed that they had two TTs in stock. A quick drive resulted in a brand new hot pink TT in my coat pocket. Another quick drive resulted in me standing in the hotel's common area instructing Little Miss Princess to look inside my coat pocket for a surprise.

The Enablinator strikes again! :cheese:

(really do need to get my own theme song.... anyone here like to compose music?)

juliaxena
February 4th, 2013, 08:38 AM

My son plays hockey, and about a month or two ago I showed the Tangle Teezer to one of the moms on the team b/c her preschooler has that super-fine hair with a bit of curl to it, and you could tell that they had fights over brushing her hair (b/c of the owie-factor). I explained to the little girl that it was my Magic Brush and it brushes your hair without hurting.

Fast forward to this Saturday afternoon's hockey game. I took the now-3yo (had a birthday last week) onto my lap and entertained her so her mom could watch the game, and she asked me if I had my Magic Brush with me. I told her that I brought it, but it was back at the hotel (playoffs out of town all weekend, so the whole team stayed at a hotel). And then she told me she wanted to grow her hair all the way down to her butt. :crush:

After the game, I got an Enablinator idea! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/idea.gif

A quick :google: search revealed a Sally Beauty Supply less than ten minutes away. A quick phone call confirmed that they had two TTs in stock. A quick drive resulted in a brand new hot pink TT in my coat pocket. Another quick drive resulted in me standing in the hotel's common area instructing Little Miss Princess to look inside my coat pocket for a surprise.

The Enablinator strikes again! :cheese:

(really do need to get my own theme song.... anyone here like to compose music?)

Awwwwww that is soooooo cute!

piffyanne
February 4th, 2013, 11:36 AM

The Enablinator strikes again!

Sounds like she'll grow up to be me, I had hair like hers when I was young, and it was HORRIBLE when mom brushed it. SNAP SNAP SNAP! :couch:

I think that's why it was never past APL/BSL. I only started being gentle with it myself in 6th grade, because mother knows best. SNAP SNAP SNAP indeed! :run:

It'll be a snap for them to brush her hair now, and not the bad kind! ;)

GRU, you are AMAZING to have done that for her. :smooch: :flowers: :crush:

PetuniaBlossom
February 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
GRU rules!