PDA

View Full Version : Wierd hair colour patterns

Celtic Morla
February 15th, 2011, 09:02 AM
So here's my wierd hair (I will post a pic later if I can) I have grey hair at my scalp that is, but it turns dark blond the longer it gets!! Absolutely virgin hair so no dye- that was cut off about 5-6 years ago. I started growing last year after getting tired of bad haircuts and desiring to go back to the long hair. I noticed th eblondness when I tried a crown braid and hadn't noticed hwo different the colour was. Anyone else have wierd hair issues?

Anje
February 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
It's really normal to have hair get grayer when you get closer to the scalp, once you start graying. It's just less noticeable on shorter-haired folks who don't have a record of how much less gray they were, say 4 years ago, attached to them. I don't have enough gray for it to be noticable yet, but probably in a few years I'll be in the same boat.

Lighter ends are also pretty darn normal, as they get sunbleached over the years.

Celtic Morla
February 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
So here's my wierd hair you cna see its grey at the root and about6-8 inches in it tunrs blond. When i put it up it's really a contrast. What length would it be considered here??

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7222&pictureid=96962

polette
February 26th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Personally, I would call that BSL or a little longer...
I think your hair is growing in silver, and the blonde is color that is just growing out. I don't think your new growth will turn the blonde color.
Your hair looks soft and healthy :)

Celtic Morla
February 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
That's the funny thing the hair WAS silver! I started growing my hair out from a very short length, when it short it's very silver but the lenght turns blond! Here in this photo from 2007 you cna see the colour of my hair. I have not dyed my hair since 2005 and all the dye was cut off then to a very short 3 inches all over. (Yes that is a collie- not mine! A rescue that was an abuse case)

http://www.petgroomer.com/contests/miracle2007/photos/bamper-during1.jpg

pink.sara
February 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM
This may sound a little gross but do you smoke?
My aunt has long (waist) gray hair that is a really bright silver to start but ends up by shoulder looking dark blonde because she smokes about 20 a day and everyone who comes round to her house smokes inside too. Plus she was using ACV rinses and thinks that darkens it too?

Or Maybe you are ageging in reverse?! Any wrinkles disappearing?! ;)

Celtic Morla
February 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM
nope total non smoker here, noone is even allowed to smoke in my house or near me I despise it!My mum was a smoker gorwing up once I got out I will not frequent anyplace that allows smoking nad people who smoke I tell them off-thats hwo rabid i am about it!

pink.sara
February 26th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Hmm, curiouser and curiouser! I'm stuck at reverse ageing for an answer then I'm afraid ;)

Becky Safari
February 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM
My mom's hair has always been blonde but recently there was hair growing in at the roots that was super dark, like brown. So she dyed the rest brown to blend it in

jil
February 26th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Ooh that does sound curious! When my hair is in an updo I notice that my ends are a different color than my roots too (no dyes or rinses used). My ends are lighter and have warmer gold tones than my roots. I agree with Anje, that lighter ends may be from sun exposure.

rena
February 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I am a brunette, but if I lift up a small handfull of my hair from the side of my head, it is a copprery orangey kind of red underneath.

Celtic Morla
February 27th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I cna understand the reddish tint , but I am so wierded out by the hair going from silver to blond! I talked to my DH last night and he said he'd noticed it but didn't thik to tell me!!LOL men!