PDA

View Full Version : If I had me some attractive ears....

evampr18
February 13th, 2011, 11:41 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

Elenna
February 13th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Not saying you have to wear ear exposing hair dos, but maybe you could cover the top half of your ears. It does limit which hair styles you can wear. BUT it is do-able, because this is what I do. I don't like my ears either.

milagro
February 13th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Eh.. someone please describe what sexy ears are (pics maybe?) :D I think you're just over self-conscious. I've never seen ears that I thought of worth hiding.

beez1717
February 13th, 2011, 11:59 PM
If I could have any ears i think i'd want some anime elf ears.... I think they are so pretty. What do you all think? I would't care that i'd be getting looks. The other ears that I would want would be vulcan ears. Yup. They also look quite cute :)

Roseate
February 14th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I've never seen ears that I thought of worth hiding.

I have, but only on rugby players! "Cauliflower ear". It's what happens when you damage your cartilage over and over again, and it scars in a very elaborate way. I'd probably wear my hair down if I had that condition.

Luckily I escaped such injury, and since I'm not on the women's rugby team any more, I think my ears are safe!

UltraBella
February 14th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Evampr18, I can clearly see your ear in one of your pics in your album and I see nothing wrong with it !!!!
If you are going to insist on having "giant tortilla" ears, I demand photographic evidence !!!!
;)

milagro
February 14th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I have, but only on rugby players! "Cauliflower ear". It's what happens when you damage your cartilage over and over again, and it scars in a very elaborate way. I'd probably wear my hair down if I had that condition.

Luckily I escaped such injury, and since I'm not on the women's rugby team any more, I think my ears are safe!
Yes I know what you mean, boxing sparrers have such. I highly doubt the OP's ears are anything like that. You know usually these ears are not given by nature, you must deserve them :)

Roseate
February 14th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Yes I know what you mean, boxing sparrers have such. I highly doubt the OP's ears are anything like that. You know usually these ears are not given by nature, you must deserve them :)

Oh, yes, I'm sure the OP's ears are fine! I doubt she's a lock forward or a welterweight champ. :D

kwaniesiam
February 14th, 2011, 01:08 AM
If I had me some attractive sexy ears the up-do hair possibilities would be endless.....I always, almost always wear my hair down because my ears are the funniest most extraterrestrial things on this earth. I'd show you but you'd think a giant tortilla was blocking your computer screen. They're massive and stick out like they're trying to crawl off my head.

So, as I admire and envy the beautiful up-does you ladies and gents do I wish I had me some pretty ears so that I could wear my hair up more often. :rolleyes:

That is all. Oh, unless there are some ugly ear poses-sees out there who'd love to join my I have funny ears rant....

I thought my ears were funny looking too, so I pierced them multiple times ;)

Not saying you should too, but I'm sure your ears aren't that strange looking. maybe a bit of face framing fringe to take the edge away from your ears if you don't like wearing your hair up?

SolSara
February 14th, 2011, 01:28 AM
If I had me some attractive sexy ears the up-do hair possibilities would be endless.....I always, almost always wear my hair down because my ears are the funniest most extraterrestrial things on this earth. I'd show you but you'd think a giant tortilla was blocking your computer screen. They're massive and stick out like they're trying to crawl off my head.

So, as I admire and envy the beautiful up-does you ladies and gents do I wish I had me some pretty ears so that I could wear my hair up more often. :rolleyes:

That is all. Oh, unless there are some ugly ear poses-sees out there who'd love to join my I have funny ears rant....

Well, having funny ears might not be as bad as you think. My BF, who is a very ordinary and cool guy more into what "looks good" than me, loves ears that are a bit special. Pointy like elf-ears or poking out from the hair like cute gnome-ears. ;) So of course I have very ordinary and nice looking ears... :rolleyes:

If you want some honest opinion on your ears, you can put a pic in your album and tell us to look there. Then the pic won't show up to everyone on the net. My guess is that it is not as bad as you think. And if it is, you could make up dos so nice looking that no one will notice your ears. ;)

Mesmerise
February 14th, 2011, 01:53 AM
My mum always covered her ears up cause one is a bit folded and funny looking (and always has been), but honestly it's nothing major! I'm sure your ears are absolutely fine too!

Most of the things we think are bad about ourselves aren't really noticeable to other people!

Rini
February 14th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Don't feel embarassed....my ears are actually deformed. Really. I was born without the curled over flap bit that people have on the top of their ears (it's called the helix). Consequently my ear goes straight up to a point, just like a vulcan/elf. It's an actual deformity, but I don't mind it, it's me :D

I need to see your ears now :eyebrows:

SwordWomanRiona
February 14th, 2011, 06:43 AM
If I could have any ears i think i'd want some anime elf ears.... I think they are so pretty. What do you all think? I would't care that i'd be getting looks. The other ears that I would want would be vulcan ears. Yup. They also look quite cute :)

I love Elven ears! Especially the ones that the Lord of the Rings' Elves have :)...Warhammer's High Elves' ears are too long for me, though :D

Don't feel embarassed....my ears are actually deformed. Really. I was born without the curled over flap bit that people have on the top of their ears (it's called the helix). Consequently my ear goes straight up to a point, just like a vulcan/elf. It's an actual deformity, but I don't mind it, it's me :D

I need to see your ears now :eyebrows:

Something similar happens to me, my left ear is what one could call 'normal', but my right ear's helix is much less curled...I actually like it, my right ear gets closer to my coveted Elven ears than my boring 'human' left ear :eyebrows:

spitfire511
February 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Evampr18, I can clearly see your ear in one of your pics in your album and I see nothing wrong with it !!!!
If you are going to insist on having "giant tortilla" ears, I demand photographic evidence !!!!
;)

^ This!

I see your ear clearly in one of your pics, and it looks like a normal ear! I have rather large ears - a little in the stick out direction, but mostly in length (thanks dad!) I have earlobes big enough for all the piercing a person could want. :-)

But like the others have said - it's me. I don't mind. Very fair with freckles is also me, and if people don't like that I blind them by reflecting the sun back at them - well that's their problem ;)

Now let's see those ears!

SwordWomanRiona
February 14th, 2011, 06:52 AM
;)

I agree, there's nothing wrong with your ears!

Now let's see those ears!

So - are we starting a 'Show me your ears!' thread in the off-topic forums? They already have a 'Show me your eyes' thread, so.... :D:D

Druid of Alba
February 14th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hey! I have the same problem. My ears are too large for my liking. What I do is, I pull the hair back so that it covers at least the top half of my ears, sometimes I cover the whole ear. You can do pretty much updo, the only difference is that you will need to have it tied nearer the nape of your neck. I personally prefer to tie my hair at the nape, so this works out wonderfully

Even with styles like a French braid, you can have your ears covered, you would just brush the hair over the ears so that the top half (or even the whole thing is covered), and then have it go back into the braid. The only difference would be that the hair covering your ears would enter into the braid closer to your nape, as opposed to higher up on your head, like it would if you had your hair swept up tightly, exposing your ears. I think that, in the Victorian Era, most women did updos with their ears at least partially covered. You should look into that! But you can, without a doubt, do most, if not all the updos that someone with nicer ears can, as long as you tie them lower on your head so that your ears can be covered!

GRU
February 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I've never seen ears that I thought of worth hiding.

Just one person has ears like that -- Prince Charles. He is just one funny-looking dude! :p

Xandergrammy
February 14th, 2011, 10:41 AM
;)

I agree with UltraBella. There's nothing wrong with your ears. Updo away!!!

ETA: And in case anyone is curious, my ears are on the smallish side and tilted at a funny angle (so says my husband). I used to work with a woman who was obsessed with my ears. She always used to say "Oh, you have the cutest little ears". Now I find myself looking at everyone's ears. That's how I can tell you that your ears are just fine. :gabigrin:

milagro
February 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Just one person has ears like that -- Prince Charles. He is just one funny-looking dude! :p

Those ears make him 3D actually. Everything's for a reason! :D
I never think much about ears but I've just realized I like sticking out ears... (even attached to Prince Charles)

GRU
February 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Those ears make him 3D actually. Everything's for a reason! :D
I never think much about ears but I've just realized I like sticking out ears... (even attached to Prince Charles)

I think his ears actually pick up satellite TV signals... and he doesn't need an antenna on his cell phone, either....

:p

getoffmyskittle
February 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
My advice: Decorate with piercings, wear updos proudly.

BrightEyes7
February 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I too looked in your albums and saw the pic with your ears (well actually only one ear is showing... and a male dancer! :p) and it looks normal to me. No tortilla ear as you mentioned. I have this weird thing, that I never noticed but since my DBF pointed it out years ago I look at it all the time. I have like an extra fold of skin next to my earlobe so it looks like I have an extra mini lobe... It bothers me.... but I wear my hair up all the time.

I've noticed that people hardly ever notice the things that we are so obsessed about!

Anje
February 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I've seen a few radar dish ears (not particularly unsightly or rare, but I can understand some insecurity), a bizarrely tiny set of ears (didn't notice until she pointed out how little they were), but the closest thing I've ever seen to sexy ears belonged to Spock. And I think the fact that they were attached to Spock was the contributing factor.

Don't be afraid to let your ears show. They all look weird, when you get right down to it. Let your hair be a little looser on the sides if you want them to look closer to your head.

Rini
February 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
My advice: Decorate with piercings, wear updos proudly.

An EXCELLENT suggestion :D

MsBubbles
February 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
This is a sore subject for me too. Couple sticky-out, pointy asymmetrical ears with dead-straight, fine hair and you have the elf-look - which some people here actually like!!

My sister's nickname for me, still after all these years, is Monkey-ears. I have considered otoplasty.

Coan-Teen
February 14th, 2011, 05:32 PM
::stands up:: I... have big ears. Yes, my friends, do not doubt, it's true. My ears are large, and stick out in slightly different directions, and one has almost no helix while the other's is large. And you know what? No one but me ever notices. ^_^

Really, people rarely care about ears, even weirdo ears like mine where they are literally mismatched. I don't think you should worry at all about wearing updos. Just relax and be confident in yourself (I know, easier said, but it really does work).

Additionally, I am crazy jealous that there are people in this very forum with elf ears. I would love to have them.

julliams
February 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM
This lady http://www.worldfilmfest.net/images/margaretpom0111.jpg is Margaret Pomeranz. She is an australian film critic who has larger ears but just puts on fabulous earrings and goes with it. I've always respected her for that and I think she looks great.

SwordWomanRiona
February 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
This is a sore subject for me too. Couple sticky-out, pointy asymmetrical ears with dead-straight, fine hair and you have the elf-look - which some people here actually like!!
My sister's nickname for me, still after all these years, is Monkey-ears. I have considered otoplasty.

I love the Elf-look! :D

Funwithsharps
February 15th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I know what you mean. My ears are different sizes and they stick out at different angles. When I was younger, I never wore my hair up. Eventually, I stopped caring.

Lucia2
February 15th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I feel your pain, I had my ears 'pinned back' in my late teens but they still aren't what I would call pretty ears - I have a slight lack of curl on ne ear and also a bit of a bobbley bit in the curl where I suffered some scarring when they fixed the one that was slightly worse (I wasn't even even! LOL!), but I ignore it now I'm older I was very self conscious initially but then I always had been about my ears!
I'm glad I got them done but Oh My it is painful and my ears looked like cauliflower for weeks after, I had to wear a bandage for a week after the op which made me look like a freakie Princess Lea! LOL! And then they were numb for ages which was WEIRD. So not a minor undertaking.
As I've got older and wiser I don't care any more I'm also so pale I'm sure I'm part vampire, I'm red headed and freckly...I got picked on for that way more than my ears as a child! But now I realise that I may not fulfill the so called 'ideal' that my uniqueness makes me...me. (I went and had a spray foundation done which covered all my freckles and I freaked out and washed it off immediately as it looked soooooo weird.

Pretty sure your ears are fine (I can't see piccies yet)- On a practical note I used to wear eye catching earrings and they actually drew the eye to the earring rather than my ears (honestly).

:)

lyria
February 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I dunno, I check out your album pictures and I think your ears look totally normal! Are you sure you are not being overly self-conscious? Maybe your ears look strange to you but normal to everyone else! :)

pixistixx
February 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM
my ears stick out too... i think it looks more noticeable when up because I don't have much hair, and so there is no volume of hair behind the ears, just empty space. Mine are also always red lol. I have never worn my hair up in public after age 6. I was tortured all the way till the end of college, kids would circle around me doing monkey imitations, call me chimp multiple times a day, pull my ears, smack into, and otherwise physcially abuse me, even when my hair was down. Kids would stare at my hair and the second an ear poked through, I would be notified/mocked. I don't have enough hair to cover the top part of my ears in an updo, it's like covering them with a piece of yarn, and just really obvious. Now instead of concentrating on getting my ears to flatten, as that will never happen, I work on getting my hair to be thicker... almost as impossible but there is always still hope for that lol! The worst part of having ears that stick out, is that when you sleep on your side, wear a hat, etc. your ear is being forced into an unnatural position, causing earaches and head aches.

pepperminttea
February 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Commonly known to most people in these parts as "Jug ears". :p

Seriously though, OP, I bet your ears are lovely. :)

christine1989
February 15th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hmmm, I've never considered my ears before. I've always thought that all ears were funny looking. Now I'm going to have to compare ears with people to see if they are adequate ;).

PrincessTieflin
February 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I get called an elf A lot because my ears are pointy LOL.:D

And they stick out like car doors :P But I have come to love them.. mostly when my babies were both born with my ears... (and still have my ears) that is when I realized how cool my ears are ;)

evampr18
February 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM
If I could have any ears i think i'd want some anime elf ears.... I think they are so pretty. Well with those I'd do tons of updo's. I'd be a hot elf eared chick.

evampr18
February 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Here is a link to the picture hahaha....

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6757&pictureid=96221

HereIGrowAgain
February 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
The first thoughts that came to my mind were "hearts" and "love". Each of your ears is a perfect half-heart. I think it looks romantic. :)

Siava
February 16th, 2011, 09:01 AM
This thread makes me laugh. I've got my dad's ears - big, huge lobed, old man ears. I've winced a few times at them when putting my hair up, but soon forget about them. I mean, nobody has ever told me, "Siava, your ears are so ugly!" so they can't be that bad in reality. :lol: Funny thread.

evampr18
February 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
The first thoughts that came to my mind were "hearts" and "love". Each of your ears is a perfect half-heart. I think it looks romantic. :)

I never thought of it that way. hahaha, now that is going to stick with me...half-hearts....Aw, thanks!:o

My family is so overcritical, but I think it is the culture...Haha, sometimes I brush it off, but sometimes I am like, " dude, they are right! These things ARE huge! " I have a niece who is a replica of me except she is blond, 6 ft.tall, doesn't have my ears or my nose...oh and is very thin. As where I am more curvy and "thicker". But my family will always tease that I got the body and she got the pretty ears. Haha, the poor thing has no booty...BUT she has gorgeous ears! hahaha...

I never thought this thread would become so funny about elf ears and old man ears and grandpa ears....I don't feel so alone now :)