PDA

View Full Version : Front part styles? / widows peak/ early balding???

lcms mom
February 13th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Hi All!

I am a repentant impulsive chopper, and am trying to get back to bsl.

Right now I have a tricky front hairline .. think widows peak, but with small horns/wisps filling in the pointy spots... so pulling 1/2 back in a clip looks a bit odd....If I pull it back,m there is definite curly horn action... :p

Any tips for styling with this particular problem?
I would love links to half ups that are more peak friendly...Cause I hate my hair getting stuck in my glasses...
Thanks!

torrilin
February 13th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I'm not really following what you're asking. It sounds like you've got a lot of short new hairs in the area around a widow's peak, and you don't like them?

If that's the case... sad to say, that happens to everyone. Most people have a fairly short terminal length for some or all of the hair near the edges of their scalp. The exact extent is going to vary mostly based on your own personal genes and diet, and even diet is going to have a pretty minimal effect. It's very much a live with it or shave your head kind of thing.

QMacrocarpa
February 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I know those curly horns! To minimize them I would try styles where you don't pull the front of your hair straight back. Let your hair stay parted and gently sweep back the sides to your half-up. Kind of the way chopandchange discusses it when describing the Faux French braid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42674). I have also heard of folks using aloe vera gel to subdue crazed wisps of hair, so maybe that would work on the curly horns (I haven't tried it, mine don't get on my nerves to that extent).

CareBear
February 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I can relate, I have a very short, frizzy widows peak. It tends to stick straight out like a unicorn horn! My hair is waist length but the ol widows peak only grows to about eyebrow length. Currently a bit of coconut oil and some flax seed gel have been enough to convince it to behave. I tend to part on the side and clip the frizzy bits down with a ca-chink. (one of those little clips that you bend to open)
HTH!