PDA

View Full Version : My New Hair ! Finally !!

UltraBella
February 12th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Updates !!!!!!! Sorry it took forever !
I have brown hair with subtle ashy blonde highlights and some lighter highlights as well. Even though highlights = bleach, my hair feels great.
I cut two+ inches. I am back at hip instead of tailbone and I added more layers.

Also, we still have no mailbox. ( If you read my two week rule, then snip thread you will know what I am referring to ).

AND......... My daughter's swim team came home STATE CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic of my length now, sorry it's blurry !!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0695pcopy.jpg

Pic of the front, it's bad lighting, it's really not this dark :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0706pp.jpg

Up close of the color :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0696p.jpg

Okay, I really didn't like the top pic so I took a new one. This one should be clear :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0696copy.jpg

Rocket22
February 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well It looks fantastic! but your hair always does (lucky girl) congrats. to the swim team!

UltraBella
February 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Thank You !!
It's still a bit of a shock to those who know me, I have been a redhead for seven years ! Sometimes you just need a change though and I think it will be nice not to fight with my roots so much :)

Dragon
February 12th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Nice colour, your hair looks great :) Congrats on the swim team :)

Demetrue
February 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM
The new color is absolutely GOR-GEEOUS!!! Congrats to DD's swim team!

Dragon
February 12th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Did it take long to get use to your new colour after having it red for so long?

UltraBella
February 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Did it take long to get use to your new colour after having it red for so long?

Not really, those around me are still adjusting though.
I was red for so long ! Now I am a brunette, but this color is a demi-color and as it slowly fades I think it will match my natural dark ash blonde pretty well.

Twarg
February 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM
That's the nicest head of hair I've ever seen!

Orange
February 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! I was hoping to see pictures of the new color & cut. Thank you for posting them.

Hopefully the teenager & parent will come through with a new mailbox for you soon.

Orange

Tia2010
February 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
It looks amazing (as usual :)) !! I really like the new color ....
And congratulations to your dd on her swim championship!

MissManda
February 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Your hair looks so lovely and healthy! I love the color, too. :flower:

Congratulations to the swim team!

Hotrox
February 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
really blooming lovely, but then we all knew it would be :D

I love you hair and the colour looks fab, I think it makes your eyes pop a little more

Gumball
February 12th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Your hair is fantastic, UltraBella! :thumbsup: I think the texture looks great, too.

UltraBella
February 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Your hair is fantastic, UltraBella! :thumbsup: I think the texture looks great, too.

I have to thank my Caruso for the help with my texture, I am pretty fuzzy/wavy without it :)
This is my hair with the Caruso rollers left in for only 10 minutes. Hair magic !!

donna'sdaughter
February 12th, 2011, 11:24 PM
WOWZERS! So full and shiny!

pennyroyal
February 12th, 2011, 11:32 PM
It looks amazing! Your hair is just absolutley gorgeous!!! That color is very pretty too.
Congrats to your DD as well!

Fufu
February 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I love this hair colour, perfect on your beautiful thick hair.

Darkhorse1
February 12th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Gorgeous! I am in serious hair envy!! And congrats to your daughter's swim team success!!

jeanniet
February 13th, 2011, 12:11 AM
That new color looks great! Are you happy with the length? Beautiful hair, as ever. And congrats to your daughter and her team! :)

Mountaingrrl
February 13th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Looks great and really complements your features!

Calaelen
February 13th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Yay! for your daughter's swim team! Of course your hair looks Awesome, but none of us had any doubts there.

ericthegreat
February 13th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Absolutely GORGEOUS! No matter what the color, your hair just can NOT disappoint! I love your new layers as well, they shape your new hemline perfectly. And congratulations on your daughter's swim team winning State Champions!!!

mustpannkook
February 13th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Your hair looks so thick and shiny! The new color really resembles my one classmate who has really similar hair to you. Congratulations to the swimming team, too!

RadiantNeedle
February 13th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Everyone's already said everything I'm thinking. Just.. Wow... Woohoo!

Juneii
February 13th, 2011, 12:59 AM
you look beautiful as always UltraBella! The shorter length must be a relief on your poor neck! The color looks great too, change is good.

UltraBella
February 13th, 2011, 01:22 AM
That new color looks great! Are you happy with the length? Beautiful hair, as ever. And congrats to your daughter and her team! :)
I can't tell much difference in the length, to be honest. But my ends are more blunt and I always kind of dislike that at first. I think I would secretly love to have fairy tale ends.

you look beautiful as always UltraBella! The shorter length must be a relief on your poor neck! The color looks great too, change is good.
It's just 2 or 3 inches of length, so not a huge difference. What actually made the biggest difference was the cutting I did to it myself after I got home tonight. I really missed the shorter layers I had when my hair was shorter, so I took my razor for cutting hair and I angle cut a bunch of the length away around my face and the sides. It took out some of the weight and let's my hair move better. My stylist was afraid to do it, but I knew I would like it. It was scary to look down and see all that hair in the sink, some of the pieces were 6 inches long ! But it really helped me get that body and bounce back in the top sections. I am loving it :)

Debra83
February 13th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Amazing!!! My goal hair. .....Caruso rollers, eh??......I feel an enabling growing too.....

Avital88
February 13th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Your hair looks super great with lovely ends..

bunzfan
February 13th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Wow is all I can say your hair looks lovely and thick from the tips to the ends.

Henrietta
February 13th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Your hair always makes me envy... It's a hairstorm! :)
I'm glad you're happy with the change:) And despite the cut, your mane still looks super long.

skyblue
February 13th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!

Joliebaby
February 13th, 2011, 03:56 AM
It looks fantastic!!
Hmm- caruso rollers? I had hot rollers that had different size rollers, but they were kinda small. Are your rollers big? How do you fit your hair in them?

Your hair at hip just looks so long, because it's so thick and voluminous.

ingvild
February 13th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Oh, wow. Your hair is fantastic! *jawdrop*

spitfire511
February 13th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Hurrah for the kiddos swim team - and the hair looks amazing (of course!). I'm a natural redhead and used to love to color my hair brown. :-) it was fun for things to look completely different on me. Good luck with the mailbox situation as well - ugh!

Vorvolaka
February 13th, 2011, 05:02 AM
WOW!

Your hair look amazing!

SwordWomanRiona
February 13th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Wow!!!! Your hair's absolutely gorgeous! Love your waves, thickness and colour! :thud:

Medievalmaniac
February 13th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Your hair is soooo thick - I'm always envious when you post pics! But then I think about your comments about how heavy it is, and resign myself to the adage: the grass is always greener. But at least I can enjoy looking at your pics!! :)

Fizz
February 13th, 2011, 06:18 AM
It looks lovely Ultrabella! You really know what suits you, The length and waves are amazing.
Looks really bouncy!:D

Anywhere
February 13th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I think it looks amazing. And your eyes are stunning as well. ;)

Glad you're happy with the cut and color. :D

Lostsoule77
February 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Your hair looks amazing, as always! In the original thread I thought this length looked the best and was hoping you wouldn't cut too much more off. :)
Congratulations on your daughter's swim team winning the state championship. That takes a lot of work and you must be so proud. :)

JulietCapulet
February 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Goodness gracious you have a great head of hair!

Aredhel77
February 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
It looks really lovely Ultrabella :D

lapushka
February 13th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Yay for choosing a color that you won't be fighting every couple of weeks. After so many years, I can understand that it gets to be... too much. I was a redhead myself for a couple of years (I'm a dark ash blond too), then I went back to my natural color. It was a pretty big adjustment, more with the red than with any other color I've had. No idea why... It's how people reacted to it, I guess... so bizarre!

mrs_b
February 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM
wow! gorgeous hair!
you look drop dead fantastic :cloud9:

3azza
February 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM
gorgeous gorgeous hair, wow. I love it

prairiewoman068
February 13th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I have to thank my Caruso for the help with my texture, I am pretty fuzzy/wavy without it :)
This is my hair with the Caruso rollers left in for only 10 minutes. Hair magic !!

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is "my Caruso", and "Caruso rollers"?

TiaKitty
February 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Your hair will always be super-dooper cool, no matter what, UB!!! I really love the color. It suits you very well. I can't even tell you've lost much length. It just looks so much more clean at the ends. Bouncy-like! Super smooth and silky, too. I must look into those rollers... Does it give you that smoothyness all day?

turquoisebud
February 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Looks beautiful! Very nice curls! :)

CastaDiva
February 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Your hair is simply stunning and so are you!! Love everything about your hair, the curls, length, color, texture and the thick even hemline. You are really, really fortunate to have been blessed with such absolutely gorgeous hair:)
Congratulations on your daughters swimming achievments:)

Red_Wednesday
February 13th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Speechless!! Everything I could possibly think of to say has already been said.

Your hair = :thud:

CurlyZ
February 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Oh my gosh! BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!!

Pixna
February 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Consider yourself thudded!!!!

:thudpile:

Nae
February 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Ahh Ultrabella, I finally caved and bought a Caruso. I had one when I was a teen and always loved it and you just reminded me how much I loved it. Maybe it will make me happier about wearing my hair down again.

For anyone wondering about it, just google "Caruso steam roller." There are all sorts of options for roller size although I too am wondering what sizes UB uses. I have heard that the steam sets the hair with way less damage than many other heat methods. Ultrabella may have more details on that as well............since I think that is who I heard it from hehe.

At any rate, your hair is lovely. (As always, you hair goddess you.) I really like the darker color on you but what a change! I bet everyone is still reeling lol. Tell the kiddo grats for me, that is quite an accomplishment!

EDT: I found an awesome thread on the Caruso, seems pretty hair friendly. I bumped it but here is a link as well. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36005&highlight=caruso&page=5

akuamoonmaui
February 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Your hair is the color you'd hoped for and it's perfect for your complexion. Lovely choice!

chelseamichelle
February 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Looks great! And I seriously love those curls

artiste
February 13th, 2011, 10:57 AM
You have seriously wonderful hair! I love the new color! :)

UltraBella
February 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone !
As far as the Caruso goes, I mainly use the large and jumbo rollers. I have had three Caruso units over the last 18 years and I still have all the rollers. Plus, Sally's has the large rollers that you can buy separately in a six pack. Large is my favorite size but I use the jumbo often as well. I have used the medium ones but my hair is HUGE, so I need to be going for that specific look.
Yesterday I used 12 large rollers and big sections of hair and I only left them in ten minutes, they lasted all day. If I leave them in for twenty minutes the curls will last me a good three days.
It takes me about ten minutes to put them in. I do not roll the curlers in my hair up from the bottom. I hold the roller stationary about half way up my length and wrap my hair around the roller. When I get to the ends, I then roll the whole thing up to my scalp.
The steam is gentle and does not damage the hair. My hair feels moisturized and incredibly soft after using the Caruso. I just adore it :)

Roscata
February 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Beautiful hair. That color looks great on you. :D

bluesnowflake
February 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
It's gorgeous, as usual! The new color is pretty, too. Congrats to your daughter!

sweetiepie
February 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Wow, that hair is unbelievable! What's your routine?

UltraBella
February 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wow, that hair is unbelievable! What's your routine?

I wash twice a week with a low sulfate shampoo, use a cone free conditioner and a bit of coconut oil after detangling. That's it. Nothing very exciting !

in_technicolor
February 13th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Wow you have amazing hair! Also, unrelated to hair, you have gorgeous eyes. Hope that's not weird, but wow!

BrightEyes
February 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous! I love the new color and texture. And your hair is so thick!!! So pretty.

When my hair gets long enough I'm going to try Caruso rollers. I hear nothing but good things about them.

Congrats to your DH's swim team!!!

growing2shine
February 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is amazingly stunning, as always!!!
And congratulations with your daughter! ;)

CurlAhead
February 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Oohh, what I would to to get your hair.... SO nice!

PiroskaCicu
February 13th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Wow! You and your hair are truly stunning. I love the light brown colour and the length is perfect. It suits you so well. :)

princessp
February 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, gorgeous! :thud:

RavennaNight
February 13th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Very pretty! I love your waves.

sunnyhope
February 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM
it looks really nice, both colour, cut and hair..............

KittyLost
February 13th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I always love your hair!

strwbrry dakri
February 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Beautiful, as expected :) Congratulations to Little Bella on the State Championships.

Caldonia Sun
February 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM
You look great. You have the type of hair I always wished I had (thick and slightly curly), but alas, never did.

jaine
February 13th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Very pretty!!! I like the color too.

getoffmyskittle
February 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
It looks great. I, too, am intrigued by these Caruso rollers...

brunette
February 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Stunning! The colour is ideal on you and your hair looks so healthy that even I am tempted to check out those Caruso rollers :D
I tried the bun curling technique you told us about in the original thread but my results are very different on account of my superfine and ii hair vs your coarser textured iii tresses. I got skinny ringlets which although unlike your results were nice all the same and I just blogged my results.
So thanks for sharing your tips!

DaveDecker
February 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Gorgeous, UltraBella! And congrats to your daughter's team. :)

patienceneeded
February 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Very pretty! The color looks nice on you!

breezefaerie
February 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Just gorgeous! Congrats to your daughter as well :)

jujube
February 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM
May I tell you that you look very beautiful?

moon-child
February 13th, 2011, 06:37 PM
That is such a gorgeous colour! And your hair is so beautiful in general. You honestly look like you could be a celebrity or something lol.

cubedcoley
February 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
How did you self trim your face-framing layers....any youtube videos you would recommend on the topic? I am nervous to let anybody come at me with scissors, but would like to have some of these nice face framing layers....

as always, UB...

:thud: :agape: :toast:

Xandergrammy
February 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Wow! I didn't think it was possible for your hair to look any more beautiful, but it certainly is!! I love the color and I love the layers. Gorgeous!

And congrats to the State Champs!!!

UltraBella
February 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments !

How did you self trim your face-framing layers....any youtube videos you would recommend on the topic? I am nervous to let anybody come at me with scissors, but would like to have some of these nice face framing layers....

I own two salons, so I am very comfortable cutting my own hair to some extent. I used a razor on mine, but I would not recommend this to someone unfamiliar with razors or cutting your own hair. However, using scissors you could duplicate the desired look, but I am not sure if there are any tutorials online that would be helpful. Sorry !

Sanyia
February 13th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Looks nice, I like it!

ArienEllariel
February 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Very nice! Your hair must be indistructable. :)

cubedcoley
February 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM
That's okay! I would not use a razor, because with my fine hair, a razor makes a lot of splits over time on me. I will just wait a while longer/hopefully find somebody I trust to do that sort of thing on my hair/keep researching self-trimming techniques, but thanks for the reply! Are you franchising? Maybe I could find a UB salon in my area. hee hee! :)

Shermie Girl
February 14th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Your new hair looks smashing. And I am glad that you are so happy with it. :D

Congrats to your daughter and her team! :cheer:

BrightEyes7
February 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Looks great!!! But with that head of hair I'm pretty sure you could do anything and it'll still look great.

And hopefully you get your mailbox back soon, is the kid's dad going to pay for it?

And WOOHOO STATE CHAMPS!

ETA:
I can't tell much difference in the length, to be honest. But my ends are more blunt and I always kind of dislike that at first. I think I would secretly love to have fairy tale ends.

I know what you mean about this.... I don't much care for my ends right after a trim because they are so blunt... but after a couple of weeks they just lay nicer!

Alvrodul
February 14th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thar color looks so beautiful on you, UltraBella! And your hair is so thick - I am swooning with envy! :thud:

NouvelleNymphe2
February 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Wow your hair looks great! Great shine and thickness, love your curls, and it is SO LONG!! YAY!! :) Congratulations to your daughter as well!!

lw8666
February 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Your hair is Incredible!

Shellby
February 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. The color is so rich. I gave up on red because of the root upkeep. I am getting back to my natural hair color. I wish mine looked as rich and healthy as yours does!