PDA

View Full Version : How to tame Frizz?

Maverick494
February 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I have waistlength, slightly wavy hair that tends to frizz. Every since I joined I quit damaging my hair through blow drying and straightening. I gave up on dye a few months ago as well and have been babying my hair with cassia obovata and other stuff ever since. I'm happy with the shine, but the frizz is still there. Any ideas on how to tame it?

Madora
February 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Perhaps a little bit of coconut oil on the ends?

rhosyn_du
February 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Have you experimented with oils and butters at all? They've really helped me to control my frizz.

Also, it may be that your hair looks frizzier to you than it does to others. I know I often think my frizz looks worse than other people seem to, and I honestly don't see a lot of frizz in the photos you've got in your album.

rena
February 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I agree with rhosyn_du, I see no frizz either. I've seen some people confuse natural body with frizz because they were not used to seeing it in any way other than totally sleeked down.

Bluegrass Babe
February 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM
You can try mariika's lemon rinse - but it could lighten your hair.

Or apple cider vinegar rinse (or citric acid powder if you don't like the vinegar smell, which is supposed to fade when the hair dries). This enhances softness and shine, too, but ACV can stain lighter hair colors over time. Citric acid doesn't affect color at all.

Kimberlily's defrizz spray also works as a detangler! (but I leave out the glycerin - for some reason it enhances frizz on me :shrug:) If you have used any oils and know which you like, you can substitute your favorite in the spray, too.

Another tip: Detangle in the shower if possible and DO NOT TOUCH hair again until dry! (Sometimes easier said than done ;))

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I know many have had good luck with Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4586) and AGO gel (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262).

HTH :flower:

Anywhere
February 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I dont think it looks frizzy, but I agree that experimenting with oils should solve any frizz problems.

Photokissa
February 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I co-sign the coconut oil. Use very sparingly though...a little bit goes a long way:)

UltraBella
February 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have frizz and I use coconut oil or jojoba oil to tame it, the coconut oil seems to absorb better. The trick for me is applying it on damp hair after I have washed. If I put even the tiniest bit on once my hair is dry I look greasy. If I put it in while damp my hair dries moisturized and super soft with no frizz in sight :)

monkfish
February 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I use jojoba oil. Its the only thing I found works!
I cant live without my jojoba <3