PDA

View Full Version : Counteracting the effects of stress?

jenjen10
February 12th, 2011, 02:31 PM
My hair growth seems to be in a stall and my hemline is thinning (from a thick blunt hemline to a pretty deep V now from all of the shedding) and I think it is because of all of the stress I have had in recent months (nursing school, relationship issues, etc)...

Has anyone else experience this? Is there a way to prevent it (as I don't see my stress level decreasing anytime soon)? I am thinking of starting to apply monistat again and taking Biotin... any other things I should try? I would hate to have a major setback in my hair as well right now. :(

cinemax
February 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry I can't help you with your question.:confused: I too, have been under a lot of stress and am worried that it will show up in my hair. I'm hoping for some suggestions in this area also.

RachieBaby
February 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I always find chocolate helps me de-stress ;) hehe

im not too sure to be honest but I think things such as making sure your getting a decent nights sleep (7-8 hours), drinking plenty of water and scalp massages would also be helpful :)

I hope you feel less stressed soon :)

shikara
February 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Have 1 or 2 brazil nuts daily, don't forget your multivitamin and b-vitamins, continue to eat well overall (lots of water too!), walking/exercising is probably a must, pay attention to your breathing (especially if you're a shallow breather - you should feel not only your lungs getting the air, but your tummy should rise a little also. Smile even when you don't feel like it - your brain doesn't know the difference - if the muscles are all indicating a smile, in indicates to the brain that you are happy (it really does make a difference!). Do something relaxing for yourself whether its sitting on a bench outside and feeling the breeze on your face, a spa-like bath.... Rest well. Pay attention to your body to notice any muscles tensing up and consciously relax them - rub them yourself if you have to. Oh, and if you can find something (hobby etc.) to immerse yourself in for a little each or every other day, that will help a lot too. I had my hair stall for about 5 years (business, spouse etc). After we sold business (no profit though) and separated, my hair my hair grew in leaps and bounds! (Not saying everyone should do that.) Relora, a natural herbal relaxer worked for me a bit, but my anxiety level grew to a point that I choose a prescription instead.

Night_Kitten
February 14th, 2011, 03:22 AM
If you can't do anything about the cause of the stress, perhaps try to undo the stress by doing yoga or listening to relaxing music or watching a good film you like, or doing something else you find relaxing... Like RachieBaby said, chocolate can be great for that purpose, especially dark chocolate :)
Also healthy eating and enough sleep are important, especially if your'e stressed on a regular basis

Hope you find something that works for you :)