PDA

View Full Version : hypno-bun help

podo
February 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I've been searching for a good TEXT tutorial on the hypno-bun but just can't find one. The YouTube vids are great, except I can't figure out the key parts!

Anyone have any links or can help me with this?

podo
March 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
anyone? :(

FallHare
March 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Since no one else has answered, I will give it a shot....

This is one of my "go to" styles lately, when my hair refuses to stay up in any other style.

I assume you watched 4ypn0tica's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFeNYl-OK6Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)...

So here goes: :writer:

0:36 Smooth your hair into a medium high pony.

0:39 Grab the base of the pony with your right hand. Stick your fingers out flat, pointing left.

0:40 With your left hand, wrap the tail part over your right fingers once. You should have a loop across the palm of your right hand.

0:42 Keep your right hand flat, and spin your wrist so that your fingers point up, then keep going in a clockwise circle until they point toward your right ear, the nape of your neck, then finally all the way around and pointing up again. Don't let go of the tail part, use it to keep some tension while the hair slides through your left hand.

0:47 Make the loop around your right palm a little larger so you can slide your thumb inside.

(This is the part that was hardest for me to see what was exactly happening)
0:50 Use your thumb and fingers of the right hand to reach "in" and grab the base of the pony. Circle your thumb and first finger around the base of the pony from below. Don't let go.

0:51 Tuck in the leftover tail(*) and slide the loop off your palm/wrist and over the rest of the hair. This can be very loose.

1:01 In the middle of the bun you will now be left holding a small loop of hair between your thumb and finger. Lift it out from your head slightly so it is "above" the main bun. Use both hands as needed to wedge a thumb into this section and separate it into two equal sections.

1:10 Grab one part in each hand and pull them gently outward so they go completely over the large loop. Don't pull them out too far, you want there to be enough tension in these loops to hold everything together.

1:19 Switch your hold so that your thumb is inside one of the smaller loops on one side of the main bun and one of your fingers of the same hand is inside the other small loop.

1:26 Grab your hairstick. Insert it Over-Under-Over style...
1:28 through one of the smaller loops on one side...
1:29 under the larger loop and the main part of the bun, then...
1:33 out through the other small loop on the opposite side.

1:37 Adjust your hair till it looks nice

(*) I have better luck getting my ends to stay put if I first pull the large loop off my right hand, then wrap my leftover tail around the pony base under the main bun. YMMV.

Let me know if you are still having trouble, and I can try to clarify.