PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it? (need your opinions)

Dreams_in_Pink
February 12th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I have a set of clip-ins that i used almost everyday when my hair was short. Now my hair's BSL and i haven't worn these for a long time as my hair is already a decent length. During this time, i dyed my golden brown ends to my natural dark color. I wonder if it's worth dyeing the extensions to my natural color and wear them sometimes. They are only a tad longer than my own hair and the ends are unbelievably thin.

Do you think extensions make a huge difference in how my hair looks? When making a decision please consider that ends of these extensions will be curled to match my own texture (shrinkage) Here's a comparison photo:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=95967

milagro
February 12th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Frankly, I think not. You have a very pretty own hair and these things are just hanging there below... I may be just prejudiced though, I have this kind of lower layer in my hair which I hate and long for it to get even with the shorter upper layers that shrink more :D

Lemur_Catta
February 12th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I agree. Your natural hair is way more beautiful than the extension, that are thinner and straighter. Besides, you'll grow to that length in no time :D

NouvelleNymphe2
February 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
i see that you said keep in mind that they would be curled to match your hair. but even with this, i don't think you need them. your hair is so full and wavy i don't think that they will do your pretty texture justice. i think your hair looks beautiful now and will look beautiful when it naturally reaches waist :)

Dragon
February 12th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I also agree you don't need them and that your hair looks more beautiful with out them. You hair will be that length in no time.

Vorvolaka
February 12th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Nah, I'd leave them out. Your hair looks really good without them.

2peasinapod
February 12th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I also think your hair looks awesome as it is. Even with the extensions curled, I don't really think they add anything. I can't wait to see your hair as it grows longer! :)

autumn_aqua
February 12th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I think your hair is pretty without the extensions. :)

lapushka
February 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'd leave the extensions out. Your hair is fine! Your hair looks prettier to me without the added layer.

Svenja
February 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
In all honesty, your hair looks somehow thinned out and not very nice with the extensions in. Your natural hair is so lovely and thick and the extensions make your ends look neglected and thin. Sorry for being so blunt here!

Yozhik
February 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
My vote is for not putting them in. In my opinion, your hair has great body and wave, plus it's barely shorter than the extensions.

Emerald88
February 12th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I agree. Your hair looks much better without the extensions. It's so wavy & thick looking.

ibleedlipstick
February 12th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I'm usually all for extensions/hair enhancements, but I think that your hair looks really good already! The extensions really don't add much, and they seem like they would be more of a hassle than they are worth.

Madora
February 12th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Your hair looks lovely au naturel. No extensions required!

darklion
February 12th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I agree that your hair looks great by itself. You don't need the extensions.

CarpeDM
February 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Your hair looks better without the extensions :)

BrightEyes
February 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I agree with going without the extensions. Your hair is so full and pretty on its on. The extensions take away from your hair's natural beauty, IMO.:)

Rocket22
February 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
You know I'm extension queen :) and I vote no, your hair really looks better without them and for the hassle of the clip ins' there is not enough difference to mess with.

Lianna
February 12th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Another vote for no extentions! :) They did their job already (when you had shorter hair). I used to add some pieces to my pony stub, but now I don't need anymore, they're a different color too, I just leave them in my closet now, if someday I change my mind.

Pyvsi
February 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Is it worth it? Let me search it.
Clip the hair on, flip it and reverse it

--Dang Missy Elliott, get out of my head!

On a serious note, though, I'm trying to imagine the ends curled to match yours. It could work in theory, but I also favor your glorious hair all by itself!

Anywhere
February 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I like it without the extensions, but it might help if you showed a picture of the extensions with the ends curled since that's how they'll look, and not like this.

I think I'd like your hair better without the extensions though.

jaine
February 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Your hair has a nicer shape without the extensions.

PrincessTieflin
February 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I like it better without the extensions as well..Honestly it looks kinda thin and scraggly (the extensions NOT your hair :))

There really isnt that much longer to go till your at that length anyway :D so just pamper your hair and it will be there in no time.

Red_Wednesday
February 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I know it's already been said, but your hair looks soo pretty without the extensions. My vote is go without them:flower:.

Capybara
February 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
You've been one of my hair idols since I joined LHC :) I think your hair looks great without the extensions, however, if *you* like them, then wear them.

SwordWomanRiona
February 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I agree with everyone, you don't need any extensions, your hair is so lovely and thick on its own. However, it's your own choice, and there's no harm to it seeing as they're extensions and you can take them off when you want to :)

Deborah
February 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Yep. You don't need them.

podo
February 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Regardless of how your hair looks with or without the extensions, there's another issue you might want to think about.

If you use these every day then you'll never be happy with your own (natural) length.

If you take them out then you'll always be thinking "my hair looks horrible/is so short/is so unmanageable" etc etc etc YMMV. People use extensions to change something about themselves, whether it's hairpieces or acrylic nails or padded bras. Special occasions are one thing - like wearing false lashes or tummy-flattening shape-wear for a special evening - but doing this everyday only increases your unhappiness with your own qualities. You get into this downward spiral of negativity and can have a difficult time getting out of it, or may never get out of it!

A crutch of any kind like this is unhealthy IMHO.

Jenn of Pence
February 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I agree that you don't need them. By the time you curl them, it won't be any longer than your real hair!

Dreams_in_Pink
February 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I knew LHC people would vote NO for this; I asked anyways, LOL. After all, i might not go through the hassle of dyeing them, but i'll have to someday because i really want a bangs extension made out of them (can't manage real bangs)

If you use these every day then you'll never be happy with your own (natural) length.

I wore all kinds of extensions from wigs to half-wigs, microrings to clip-ins, and i never felt that way. I actually think extension hair (opposite of mine; thin and plenty of splits, not holding curl) looked bad, but i love the way it made me feel like a long hair again. So i'm not afraid of using them.

ericthegreat
February 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
You don't need those extensions. Your own hair has already grown tremendously and its naturally so full and thick. The extensions that you've attached on the bottom instead make your hair look thin and unhealthy looking at the ends. You would do much better just to wait and allow for your own hair to reach the length of the extensions, which shouldn't take that long I think that by the end of this summer or by early autumn your hair will have gotten to that length anyway.

Naphthylamine
February 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I agree with all the previous comments. You don't need those, your hair looks beautiful by itself :)

Hylia
February 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I think they are cool because they add extra length. What I would do to disguise the thinness is curl the extensions with an iron. Since it is not your own hair when I had extensions I used to curl them all the time.

Jimothea
February 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
You have wonderful hair, and the extensions do kind of detract from it, IMO.

That being said, if you're a fan of updo's, I could definitely see the clip-in's coming in handy, and you probably wouldn't have to die them since the extension tips would be blending with your own tips. But down, I say skip it! Rock your natural locks!

Bottom line though, do whatever makes you feel like you look your best.

utdesertrunner
February 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I say leave them out too. Your hair is very pretty on its own.

McFearless
February 12th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I like the extensions in your siggy. I don't think curling the extensions will give you the same texture as your natural. And anyway if you curled them they wouldnt be much longer than your natural hair.

Me thinks you should save the money you'd spend on dye and buy somethin else.

McFearless
February 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I actually think extension hair (opposite of mine; thin and plenty of splits, not holding curl) looked bad, but i love the way it made me feel like a long hair again. So i'm not afraid of using them.

There you go

Lianna
February 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I knew LHC people would vote NO for this; I asked anyways, LOL.

I only said no because you already have longish hair. :eyebrows: I know a lot of LHC'ers are agaisnt extensions though.

I disagree, specially if it's only for a period of time while waiting the hair grow. In the end, you might even like your hair more! I like my hair more than the clip-in set I got to help with updos when I was chin length.