PDA

View Full Version : Pain when hair is up

Jeno86
February 11th, 2011, 08:50 PM
This has been happening to me for years. No matter what I do to my hair or how I put it up, whenever I have my hair up it causes my hair to "hurt" and it gives me a headache. I never tie my hair back too tightly or anything like that. This happens even if I use clips or hairsticks. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening or how to help me to stop it?

burns_erin
February 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM
This has been happening to me for years. No matter what I do to my hair or how I put it up, whenever I have my hair up it causes my hair to "hurt" and it gives me a headache. I never tie my hair back too tightly or anything like that. This happens even if I use clips or hairsticks. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening or how to help me to stop it?

I am not sure what causes it to happen, but it pretty well stopped once I stated oiling my scalp regularly. Now whet that is because off the specific oils, usually grapeseed or rosehipsed oil, or because of the eo's, calendar, rosemary, sandalwood, and sometimes tea tea oil, I can't say. But it may be worth a try.

Madora
February 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
If your hair isn't accustomed to being held back, either in a pony tail or with sticks/forks, etc., your roots will hurt because they aren't used to being held in a certain position for any length of time.

It takes a little bit of time to accustom your roots to being placed in a different position. You might try placing your hair in the style for a short period of time, then releasing it. Increase the amount of time your hair is held in the different position a little more each day. Work slowly so your roots can adapt.

Jeno86
February 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM
If your hair isn't accustomed to being held back, either in a pony tail or with sticks/forks, etc., your roots will hurt because they aren't used to being held in a certain position for any length of time.

It takes a little bit of time to accustom your roots to being placed in a different position. You might try placing your hair in the style for a short period of time, then releasing it. Increase the amount of time your hair is held in the different position a little more each day. Work slowly so your roots can adapt.

Thank you! For some reason that never even crossed my mind.