PDA

View Full Version : Getting my hair cut

ChloeDharma
February 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I'm going to a funeral on the 22nd and will be having my hair cut the weekend before.

I've thought about this for a long time anyway and with the hairloss since easter last year my hair looks awful down, to the point i'm too embarassed to let it be seen.

This funeral is the push i suppose i need to bite the bullet and get it done.

I'm thinking somewhere from APL to BSL with some face framing layers....for some reason though i can't seem to find a decent picture to give my sister as a guide. I'd like the face framing layers to start around chin length.

Hopefully keeping it around this length for a while will give it a chance to thicken up again, or be a style i can wear with my hair thinner than it used to be.

Anyway, i thought i'd just let everyone know.

UltraBella
February 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Good luck, I totally understand ! I actually enjoy my hair more after it is cut so I hope you really like it. Fresh ends are awesome !!

Capybara
February 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. Good luck with your haircut - I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

PrincessBob
February 11th, 2011, 03:41 PM
:grouphug: I hope you and your loved ones support each other through this hard time. Enjoy your hare cut.

spitfire511
February 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry as well about the funeral. But I understand about the cutting - hopefully it will be refreshing for you!

hennared
February 11th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Chloe.. I think you know I understand how this feels. I am still clinging to my much thinner hair but I'm not sure how much I can take before I reach the decision to make a big chop. It is difficult. My hair I think is much wavier than yours, or I'd show you the style I'm eyeing, for that day. I hope you can like how it turns out, short, and that it makes the most of the hair you have!

Big hugs, girl.. your friend on the other side of the pond (and I owe you a PM!)

Shermie Girl
February 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I understand having to deal with thinner hair due to shedding. I recently cut in a few layers and face framing layers and a light fringe (that is now growing out) and it makes a difference in how my hair looks. It appears a little fuller around my hairline, where I see most of my thinning. And the layers, tho longer and fairly subtle give my hair the illusion of additional volume and great movement.

I hope that your new cut makes your hair look and feel the way you want it to and that you really like it. Would a picture after your new 'do is done be possible? :D

brunette
February 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I understand sweetheart, remember starting with a smaller amount off at a time is a good idea, you can see how you like it at BSL and still go shorter if you prefer to. I always love your hair.
Thinking of you and your loved ones xxx

lyria
February 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. I hope you are okay. Good luck with the hair cut, the style you describe sounds very pretty. Maybe you can try googling an actress you know who has had that cut? Just a thought.

Bonkers57
February 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry about the funeral. I hope your cut will lift your spirits if only a little bit.

Alaia
February 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Hey, :grouphug: for you and if you really feel this is what you want to do, do it.

I do know how you feel and your hair will recover. It's just what length you feel comfortable with in the end while it's recovering that matters.

Tressie
February 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the funeral. I'm sure your hair will look great! Hugs to you!

spidermom
February 15th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Change can be good. Enjoy yours.

I'm sorry about the funeral, though. Condolences.

ChloeDharma
February 17th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Thankyou for all the replies and well wishes :grouphug:

It was cut yesterday and niw is not that far past my shoulders. It's weird being this short but i'm happy i had it done. The hairloss just made it look awful worn down to the point i just couldn't as i was too embarassed.
My sister when seeing it down for the first time in ages yesterday kept asking why so much had fallen out.
I guess now i don't hate looking at it i might be more motivated with things like brushing, scalp massage etc....i'll henna my hair sunday so it's nice and bright (hopefully) for the funeral and hopefully that'll help add the appearance of thickness.

I don't plan on trying to grow it long again at least for a while anyway.

Thanks again for the support :grouphug:

spidermom
February 17th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I'm sure I'd do the same if my hair got very thin. Shorter hair can be gorgeous, too.

Babyfine
February 17th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Chloe- first condolonces on your loss.
I know how you feel, having to cut but not really wanting to.
I had to cut my hair as well, so I know what you're going through.
My hair was about 2" below BSL and i just cut it to above shoulder/neck length.
It looked awful down and unfortunatly It wasn't all in my head.
I had someone describe my hair as "scraggly" right to my face. That was the last straw.
I'm probably going to keep it here awhile while I work on gaining thickness.
I had no big loss/shed- in fact I shed very little in the shower-probably been going on very gradually for years. I do love long hair, though, and miss my length even if I did wear it up all the time.
Right now I'm using Nioxin and looking into essential oils, vitamins, ect.
I have genetically fine hair so it will never be thick, just want a little more thickness.
I'm enjoying my length, now, for awhile, mostly wearing it down more.

Maybe now you can grow longer with a fresh start! If not the length you have it now is still long, in fact SL can be a very versatile length-that's why I had mine cut to that length rather than short as my stylist suggested. I can still put it up, do twists, if I want- or curl it and wear it down(for volume)
I've been using the diffuser a little more now which plumps my hair up more, too. Plus I had a fringe cut in which helps when i do wear it up.
Best wishes!

brunette
February 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Just past shoulder length is still long by conventional standards, like mentioned you can still have a ponytail and do pretty things with it if you want to :grouphug:
Your henna is going to look fab with your new cut xxx