PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Hair Day Thread

xovictoryxo
February 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Post in here if today you have had a happy hair day.
Describe what made it a great day, what technique/products/toys you used... and as a plus you can even post a pic (dont have to) :)

:cheese:
Ill go first of course...
I had a happy hair day today because I washed with Suave coconut shampoo/conditioner and afterwards put carols daughter hair milk, I then put tiny tight braids all over my wet hair and when I woke up and unraveled I had soft crimped hair . I then put small little rhinestone clippies in it to hold back my bangs....
:eyebrows: I love it!! :D
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5274&pictureid=95930

Cupofmilk
February 11th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I have started back on conditioner recently and my hair smells divine and has that lovely soft messy look I love.

PrincessBob
February 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
It took some coaxing, but right now I am having a very good happy hair day-- I found my missing XL Flexi 8!

Rocket22
February 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Awe where was this thread yesterday :) that was kinda a good hair day. reason: well becasue it seemed kinda long and thicker than normal and had volume from the roots. Did nothing diferent just didn't wash it and there it was good hair day. I have noticed the longer my hair gets the easier it is to style.

CarpeDM
February 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ah the day after cassia and my hair is thicker and finally has some body YIPPEE!

Jenn of Pence
February 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Had a happy hair day because I actually had time to wash my hair finally...thanks to stretching washings a bit lately means it wasn't a disaster in the meantime. But yay for fluffy, soft fresh hair! I used Suave Shea Butter and Almond poo and condish.

patienceneeded
February 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I had a happy hairday and got a compliment! I usually shower and night and then braid or bun my hair for sleep, then wear it up the next day. This morning I did not do that. In fact, I took my shower in the morning and washed/conditioned my hair as usual (Pantene). I used a detangling spray and finger-combed, then used a leave-in smoothing creme (all Pantene) and combed again with my wooden comb. I then left it alone to air-dry.

I got to work and my hair was wavy/curling, my long growing-out bangs were behaving nicely too. One of my co-workers stopped me and asked if that was what my hair did naturally...I said Yup. This is my natural texture. She said she wished her hair was more like mine! Great hair day for me. =]

xovictoryxo
February 12th, 2011, 08:42 PM
another happy hair day! Blow fried straight for a party and my bangs cooperated, wore a cute headband. Got a lot of compliments too :)

trillian
February 14th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I dunno if this is off-topic or not! But it made me happy.

I recently started work in an industrial facility, and my long hair (only 27"!) has to fit under a hardhat. In order to wear a hardhat, you can't have anything under the suspension portion of it, and it comes down low enough on your head that a bun is problematic. I am therefore limited to a hairnet (ACK! Color me tangled), or an updo that is close to my head, without causing bulges. Ergo, Crown Braids. I've been experimenting and playing around with them. Anyway, I've liked the way they have turned out, and wore them to visit my mom the other day. She told me this wonderful story about how, in the only photograph of my great-great grandmother that she has ever seen, great-great grandma was wearing her hair in crown braids. Apparently, my grandmother said that her mom had never cut her hair, so it was very, very long, and she never wore her hair any other way. Mom is looking for the photograph for me. I'm really excited!

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM
This thread is very inspiring! I must keep it in mind the next time I have a happy hair day.

fluffybunny
February 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
It was rainy here so I had mega volume and curls! Yes I'm sort of stuck in the 80's in that I love having big hair days.

shikara
February 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Nice thread!! I had a very happy hair day! After struggling with tangles and trying products etc. I tried Mane n Tail Olive Oil Hair Cream, along with the shampoo and never has my hair been more manageable and soft!!

anodyne_ame
February 17th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Ooo this is a good thread. In general I'm going through a meh-phase with my hair (winter static yay...), but today is a surprise happy hair day. This week I started doing scalp massages regularly again (every night) and last night I figured my hair might look greasy. Since I had to get up early, I decided to strech the wash and to just pull a tight ponytail and pretend my hair is actually really shiny. Brushing my hair this morning, it didn't feel or look greasy at all and while there was a lot of static - no tangles! It's actually so slippery and smooth that the hairband slided off during class. Nice. Hooray for scalp massages :)

growing2shine
February 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Today is a happy hair day because it's washing day!!! I get to enjoy my hair down and clean.;) I also feel that I actually have some energy to try out some new hairstyles and take a few pictures of it! :p
Right now, my hair is in a side ponytail with SMT from the elastic down. And when I made the ponytail my hair looked so long and pretty. Like a wavy waterfall down my chest.

Great thread!:thumbsup:

jackiesjottings
February 17th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I have happy hair days most days because I just love love love having classic length hair again :))) Today is a happy hair day because I washed it last night and it has stayed up very well in a braided bun today.

Intransigentia
February 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I've been having multiple happy hair days in a row now! I even wore it down in public the other day and felt it looked good - and it even didn't tangle too horribly. I'm not really doing anything different with it that I can think of, but I'm not going to complain.

owlathena
February 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Happy hair day :)

I put in new feather extensions and I feel like a rock star with my hair back like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XDAkw141Q&feature=feedu (minus the teasing)

xovictoryxo
September 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM
BUMP (need inspiration!)