PDA

View Full Version : new bun (sort of)

podo
February 11th, 2011, 09:16 AM
This is actually a Spidermom's bun - but when I inserted the first stick I set it diagonally from the upper right down to the lower left. Then I had a little poof thing poking out so I put in the 2nd stick and voila!

http://images116.fotki.com/v108/photos/0/1708930/9139968/spidermombunoaksticks-vi.jpg

I've actually been doing this bun often for work, but only rarely do I set it to be horizontal... normally I'll make it more vertical. But I don't actually change anything in how I make the bun, just when I get ready to insert the sticks into the loops, I move the loops up some.

Sorry.. I just thought this looked really cool and wanted to share!

jeanniet
February 11th, 2011, 09:28 AM
That looks great! I just can't wait for my hair to be long enough to do some knotted buns. It's just not quite there yet Why does it seem so long between BSL and waist???

Red_Wednesday
February 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Very pretty!!

milagro
February 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Beautiful :flower:

Red_Wednesday
February 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That looks great! I just can't wait for my hair to be long enough to do some knotted buns. It's just not quite there yet Why does it seem so long between BSL and waist???

I can't wait either:). I'm at shoulder. And the time it takes to grow between shoulder and APL, in my mind, could easily rival buying a good pair of shoes and attempting to walk to the moon:p.

Bubbleguppy
February 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
That's really pretty! :D I can't wait for my hair to be long enough to do some buns, I love them :)

Aurantia
February 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I like the added dimension of the second, diagonal stick; the "layering" is original.

And your hair is a beautiful tone of brown, btw! :flower:

chopandchange
February 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I can't wait either:). I'm at shoulder. And the time it takes to grow between shoulder and APL, in my mind, could easily rival buying a good pair of shoes and attempting to walk to the moon:p.

I think the time between ANY length and the next goal takes ages!

Sure feels that way to me!

Edit: OP, nice bun!

podo
February 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I like the added dimension of the second, diagonal stick; the "layering" is original.

And your hair is a beautiful tone of brown, btw! :flower:

*blush* Thank you! :)

The diagonal stick is actually the main one. When you do Spidermom's bun you usually put the stick in through a loop and then out through a loop on the other side, in a horizontal line. Instead of that, I got my loop(s) ready and then put the stick through the loop and moved it further up, then out the bottom across from the start. The horizontal one is the 'extra' though it actually created a really pretty look I thought, as it looks like my hair is weaving in and out of the sticks. :eyebrows:

CastaDiva
February 11th, 2011, 12:24 PM
That`s a really nice looking bun:) It`s very smooth and neat. Beautiful and shiny hair as well:)

SheaLynne
February 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Ohh, that is really pretty, and I love the effect that the hair is weaving around the sticks. I have trouble gettings spidermom's bun to stay with one stick, so this may be the answer for me...off to try it!

And your hair is very smooth and lovely!

ETA:
Here's my attempt. It seems to want to sit low and I can't get my slippery hair to stay higher with it, but I think it turned out pretty and is secure, so I really like it. Thanks for sharing!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4802&pictureid=95927

podo
February 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Ohh, that is really pretty, and I love the effect that the hair is weaving around the sticks. I have trouble gettings spidermom's bun to stay with one stick, so this may be the answer for me...off to try it!

And your hair is very smooth and lovely!

ETA:
Here's my attempt. It seems to want to sit low and I can't get my slippery hair to stay higher with it, but I think it turned out pretty and is secure, so I really like it. Thanks for sharing!!

Wow! That came out great!

If you get the loops right it should hold with 1 stick, but it often works itself loose over time unless I add the 2nd stick. It seems to hold better/longer on the diagonal though.

chopandchange
February 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Wow! Look at that! Someone else has managed it!

I wish I could do all these clever buns. But the only one I can get the hang of wrapping is the Lazy Wrap, and I suppose those around me would not notice the difference anyway! They just register that my hair is "up" or "down."