PDA

View Full Version : Hair Distress

KellyGormley
February 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I don't understand, I try so hard, and yet my hair hates everything. I left oil in my hair overnight, the same oil i've been using in the shower and my hair was loving and got up this morning and rinsed and my hair looks terrible. It's frizzy and knotty, and it feel like straw. Idk what to try anymore my hair hates everything. Any other 2b/2c, M, ii/iii's out there that have managed there hair? or anyone whp has an advice? It seems like so far my hair has rejected everything I've tried.

krissykins
February 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Did you use any hair products when you rinsed the oil out, or perhaps after?

wendy51
February 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Maybe try to detangle good then when you rinse out the oil off your hair the morning, use a conditionner.

If you still feel that it is strange looking try an ACV rinse ^^

Hope i helped

Bisou

my2cats1
February 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Sounds like it might be time to clarify....

Anje
February 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I'd suggest you get any of the following that you don't have: clarifying shampoo, a conditioner you like, 100% clear aloe vera gel, honey, and a plastic shower cap.

Clarify your hair with the shampoo. I'd suggest sudsing twice, all the way to the ends, with the shampoo full-strength. That'll get anything off that has built up.

Then mix up an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). Smear liberally on hair and ends, put on the shower cap, cover with a warm towel, and let it stew for an hour or so. Bring another towel in case it drips. Rinse it out, put in some more conditioner and comb it through (since your hair's relatively curly), rinse, let your hair dry, and see how it feels.

owlathena
February 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'd suggest you get any of the following that you don't have: clarifying shampoo, a conditioner you like, 100% clear aloe vera gel, honey, and a plastic shower cap.

Clarify your hair with the shampoo. I'd suggest sudsing twice, all the way to the ends, with the shampoo full-strength. That'll get anything off that has built up.

Then mix up an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). Smear liberally on hair and ends, put on the shower cap, cover with a warm towel, and let it stew for an hour or so. Bring another towel in case it drips. Rinse it out, put in some more conditioner and comb it through (since your hair's relatively curly), rinse, let your hair dry, and see how it feels.

^^ditto. I like to clairify with a little baking soda just mixed in to my regular shampoo.

haikitteh
February 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Sounds like it might be time to clarify.... This. When my hair starts hating all my usual products, there's usually build-up involved. I like using an ACV rinse between shampoo & conditioner for that.

excentricat
February 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Since you've been having issues, I'll add my :twocents:. When you rinse it out, really spend the time to rinse it all out. I tend to get impatient/board when rinsing, and then I have gross hair from leftover SMT.