PDA

View Full Version : My hair, au natural!

Kaya
February 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
So, with the first picture of my hair that I posted, I mentioned I would later post a picture of my hair in a more natual state.
Well, this is about as close as I can get without altering my routine.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/041/c/0/hair_shot_feb11_by_560_tatertot-d398u8e.jpg

This is my hair first thing in the morning. I CO it at night before bed, damp braid it and then comb it out the next morning before doing my daily oiling.
It's dried and combed here, but no oil.
I can't quite tell if it's grown any. Maybe someone with a more astute eye can see. This one reason why I don't like the idea of measuring. I would rather just ignore it and be surprised later on down the road!
(This was the first ever hair photo I posted. I think this was back in December. Here my hair has coconut oil in.)
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/348/1/6/hair_length_please_ignore_by_560_tatertot-d34wi6h.jpg

Mind you, my hair looks different if I actually let it completely air dry after a shower. My natural waves come out, along with a hideous amount of frizz. But since I shower at night, I rarely have the chance to air dry. Thus, braid waves are my norm, and I like them! :cheese:

scorpio_rising
February 10th, 2011, 03:44 PM
It has definitely grown! It looks to me like you've might've gained a couple of inches, actually!
Your routine is obviously working for you - your color is delish, you have beautiful shine, and those waves are to die for!

Deborah
February 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Your hair looks great, and it certainly has gotten longer. It's quite noticeable. Keep up the good work!

Anywhere
February 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
It seems like it's grown a good two inches or so. Congrats. :D

off topic: I like that tattoo on your forearm.

Browniegirl
February 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I am a major newbie here, so I am not exactly the one to turn to for this , but It looks like it has grown at least three inches...The waves are beautiful, and not frizzy at all! When I take my hair out of my braid,without really good conditioning first, here comes a friz fro, as I call it.But enough of that, your's surely grew, and looks awsome!

MissManda
February 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Your hair most certainly has grown! :D Your hair looks very soft!

Kaya
February 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
It seems like it's grown a good two inches or so. Congrats. :D

off topic: I like that tattoo on your forearm.

Whew! It's quite encouraging when people notice your hair has actually grown. :joy:

Off topic: thank you! It's one of my favorite tattoos. It is a combination of Classical Chinese characters that represent the four elements.

T.L.T.
February 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Yes it seems about 2 inches or so longer. Very pretty.

And I also must point out that I have the same natural hair color and skin tone as you. But my hair is thin and stick straight.

:cheese:

haikitteh
February 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
It's definitely grown! In the first pic it's just at APL & now its a few inches lower. And you say the first pic was taken/posted in December? Not this past December? If so, your hair grows quite quickly.

Love the shine and color, too. You're doing something right!

Vani1902
February 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM
It looks so beautiful. I love the color! It's gorgeous. :)

Annalouise
February 10th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Wow, I can't believe how pretty your hair looks with coconut oil in it!:) I wish my hair looked nice oiled.;)

Good job! Your hair looks healthy and conditioned.

Kaya
February 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
It's definitely grown! In the first pic it's just at APL & now its a few inches lower. And you say the first pic was taken/posted in December? Not this past December? If so, your hair grows quite quickly.

Love the shine and color, too. You're doing something right!

Yeah, my first hair picture that I took was back in Dec 2010. I wanted to post a picture right after I joined, so I would have a starting point reference.

mrs_b
February 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
wow! your beautiful hair grows so fast.

McFearless
February 11th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I see growth:) The waves look great too

Red_Wednesday
February 11th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Definitely see some growth there!! Very pretty!!