PDA

View Full Version : Due to Chemo I....

merseaone
February 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
went ahead and buzzed my hair, some of it was taking flight one week after the first session. so I buzzed my hair and got my first wig.

I can't really do braiding and updo's as far as I can tell but, hey it is long hair!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g2d3xhd3dj0/TVQkmqOAFsI/AAAAAAAABQk/Rea3WuDt3WA/s320/Faeries%252C%2BDogs%252C%2Band%2Bbald%2Bhead%2B014 .JPGhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g2d3xhd3dj0/TVQkmdSgXjI/AAAAAAAABQc/uD6bC8mLUKQ/s320/Here%2BI%2Bam%2521%2B004.JPGhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0u_7KVTk2P0/TVQoHL8YNLI/AAAAAAAABQs/eYLfkIr79XU/s320/Third%2BBatch%2B005.JPG

skyblue
February 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM
it suits you perfectly!!
and I have to say you have a beautifully shaped head ;)

ericthegreat
February 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I'm so sorry about your cancer. I hope your treatments are effective and you get better ASAP. I am glad that you are making the best of your situation, that wig looks very nice on you.

Rocket22
February 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Wow that looks completely natural!!! this would be the time (if you can) to have fun with wigs. I would want one in every color and length like really do it up. :)

Good luck with your Chemo hugs going your way!

monsterna
February 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Wow that looks completely natural!!! this would be the time (if you can) to have fun with wigs. I would want one in every color and length like really do it up. :)

Good luck with your Chemo hugs going your way!

I agree with all of this! Good luck! :flower:

Photokissa
February 10th, 2011, 01:16 PM
The wig looks fab! Though I have to say I think you look excellent with the shaved head too. Best of luck on your treatments!

lyria
February 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. I hope treatment goes smoothly and that you recover fully!

The wig looks really great though! Very natural and a good color cut and length for you. I would never know it was a wig if you hadn't said so!

Keep smiling and good luck!

sherigayle
I love your smile in the first picture. Keep that good attitude. And you look great in that wig. It's a great color and style for you.

CastaDiva
First of all, I hope you get well really soon and good luck with the rest of the chemo therapy. As for the wig, I can only agree with the others, it looks so natural and suits you perfectly. Beautiful color as well:)

BrightEyes7
Hope your chemo is going well... and hope you get better soon :grouphug:

I kinda like you bald :)... but the wig is beautiful too! It looks very natural!

marzipanthecat
February 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I know it has already been said, but you are lucky to have such a nice shaped head - you look fabulous without hair too (I have a pretty odd head shape - sort of lumpy - which is probably one of the reasons I like to hide it with hair!).

And the wig is excellent too. I wish my hair looked that good!

Good luck!

Cupofmilk
February 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I hope you get through the chemo as best you can and you beat this cancer. That wig is great - it really suits you and it's lovely to see you still have a smile on your face.

vanity_acefake
February 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
That wig looks great. Really suits you.
Sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

spitfire511
February 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Seriously - that wig looks fantastic! :-)

Vorvolaka
February 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry you're ill.

That wig looks great though, very natural. And it really suits you!

ratgirldjh
February 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
OMG that wig is YOU!!! Excellent choice! And now you can go from long hair to medium and short and back if you wish!!!

Sending you much healing energy too :)

twolunarspring
February 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Looks nice :) It's amazing how realistic wigs can be. A girl I know has had a few rounds of chemo and she has a couple of different wigs, and you'd never know it wasn't her real hair.

I agree that you look good bald, too!

rags
February 10th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I hope you weather your chemo well and get better very quickly. As far as the wig, it looks fantastic, and had I not remembered your earlier pictures I would not have known it was a wig! You also do look good bald too.

Anywhere
February 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I am glad that you can find a reason to smile. The wig looks great, and it must be an interesting change to shave your head. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :flower:

jeanniet
February 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
You look great in the wig. I wouldn't have known it wasn't your real hair if you hadn't told us. My very best wishes for a tolerable chemo treatment and a full recovery to good health for you!

embee
February 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Good wig choice! Can wear it anywhere and nobody will stare or point. ;)

Remember to try having wig fun as well, though. Curly purple or soft rainbow, play wigs. I mean, when else in your adult life would you get to do this?

Hugs and strength for the chemo. Your own long hair will come again.

HintOfMint
February 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I would never have known it was a wig. I'm glad you're taking your illness in stride and I hope you recover swiftly.

kwaniesiam
February 10th, 2011, 02:23 PM
:grouphug: Good luck the Chemo, I recently buzzed my hair in anticipation of head and neck radiation for cancer as well. The wig looks great! Very natural and a pretty color on you :flowers:

ladyjo
February 10th, 2011, 03:10 PM
When I was a kid I watched my mum's friend go through cancer, she wore a wig but it didn't look half as good as yours! Seriously, I thought that was a pre-head-shaving photo, I had no idea a wig could look so good and so natural! Hope you have fun trying out loads of different styles :)

Also, when my mum's friend's hair started growing back she was amazed how quickly it grew back in, I don't know if this was unique to her or not. I got the feeling that she almost missed the wigs once she didn't need them anymore, lol

Sending lots of hugs and healing energy your way! :grouphug:

Arya
February 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
wow, you look great both ways! You look just as good without the wig as with it! Great smile too. Good luck with your chemo!!

lapushka
February 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Shaving your head all in one go, it takes courage. :flower:

I love your wig. It suits you! Wouldn't have guessed it was a wig.

Good luck with the chemo! :grouphug:

jasper
February 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Best wishes for a successful treatment and speedy recovery! You look great buzzed and in the wig!

brunette
February 10th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I have to chime in and echo everyone, your head shape is lovely, buzz-cut looks really good on you and I would not have known that was a wig had you not said!
Now is definitely the time to enjoy every stage - play with wigs, scarves, hats and going bare, then enjoy the gorgeous soft hair as it grows back in when you are all better, and I wish you a speedy recovery - kicking Cancer out of your life forever!
My brother's hair after chemo was gorgeous and soft, like a baby's hair. You can look forward to having virgin uncut ends as it grows!
I hope you keep smiling, and that the chemo is not too unconfortable x :flower:

Hylia
February 10th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Looks great, I would of never thought wig when I looked at the pictures.

jackiesjottings
February 11th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Good luck with the chemo, and your wig looks fab on you, it looks really natural too :)

Xandergrammy
February 11th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Wow! You look awesome! I pray that your treatments are successful.

serious
February 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
That wig looks awesome and I love your smile!
Good luck with the chemo!

hennared
February 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
To me, you are one 'brave cookie', as my Grandma would say, to have been bold enough to shave your head. I hope the best for you and a speedy recovery! Lovely wig, btw!

cindy58
February 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM
The style and color of the wig looks very nice on you!

Get well soon!

baaaad_kitty
February 11th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I wish you all the luck with your treatment! I have an aunt who did the same thing, I think it's awesome that you have the courage to just shave it all off.

Darkhorse1
February 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
You are beautiful! My best to you through this time and thank you for sharing your lovely photos--what a lovely wig!

moon-child
February 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
That wig really suits you, you look beautiful!

Good luck with defeating the cancer, keep on smiling! x

Veviticus
February 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
The wig really fits you well, but it's your beautiful eyes and smile that truly compliments everything else. Stay strong.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

kdaniels8811
February 11th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Just chiming in here, I finished my chemo a few months ago and my hair is now growing back. Yes, you can wear your hair up, I have done it for months. You will get through this, there is lots of great support on this forum. Good luck.

UltraBella
February 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I really like your wig, but I must say, you look excellent with a shaved head !!!! Woohoo !!!!!! Do you realize how awesome you will look in some cute hats ?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! I am jealous, I look awful in hats and I want to wear them so badly. Wear some for me, will you ? And post pics !
Experiment with clipping your wig length up, usually jaw clips work well for wigs and French twist styles are definitely possible. Have fun with it !
I hope you recover quickly, I am sorry you have to deal with this :flower:

Demetrue
February 11th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Wishing you healing and strength on this journey - Wishing you complete recovery - the wig looks beautiful on you.

Red_Wednesday
February 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
What a lovely smile you have!! Praying for your quick recovery:flower:.

omnivore
February 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM
At first, I thought your photos were in backwards order. But, like so many others have noticed, it's your beautiful smile and kind eyes that really stand out. You and this part of your journey are in my thoughts!:blossom:

squiggyflop
February 11th, 2011, 10:10 PM
that is one nice wig! goodluck with chemo..

SilvraShadows
February 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
You have a nice smile. I wish you the best... and a complete recovery. The wig is really a nice style and very natural looking! You also have a nice shaved head! Mine is really an odd shape and I would be embarrassed to show it even to my family... it's really a weird shape. One of my sons and my daughter, unfortunate for them, have the same shape head... and we are the only ones in the family who have a learning disability in math. :brains: Hmmm.

My thoughts will be with you.:flower:

Sanyia
February 11th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Beautiful smile as other said. I wish you the best for your treatment. By the way, they did a great job with the wig! It looks quite natural.

Sooze
February 12th, 2011, 12:27 AM
You look amazing. :) Very natural wig, and - as others have already said - your smile is beautiful. Much love to you, Mersea

Debra83
February 12th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I can't believe how well that wig suits you, and how nice a shape of head you have!!! I can't believe you can choose whether or not to wear a wig, because that's how nice you look even without the wig!!! I'm sure I wouldn't be as fortunate as you in that department. I would probably look like one of the creatures out of Star Wars or something. But, hey, I would wear a lumpy, bald head as an emblem/symbol of the fight I was going through with the dreaded cancer.

I wish you the best, will pray for you (if you don't mind), and hope that it is a speedy and full recovery for you. Big Hug.

trillian
February 17th, 2011, 09:04 PM
You're Gorgeous. Keep smiling, Keep positive, and remember folks love you, real hair or not.

Quixii
February 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
What a great smile! :D

merseaone
February 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
kdaniels8811

Just chiming in here, I finished my chemo a few months ago and my hair is now growing back. Yes, you can wear your hair up, I have done it for months.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

K, do you have pictures and maybe tutorials for wig updoes? I am at a lost, everything I have tried has shown the "scalp" makings in some areas.

************************************************** *****************************
UltraBella

I really like your wig, but I must say, you look excellent with a shaved head !!!! Woohoo !!!!!! Do you realize how awesome you will look in some cute hats ?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few hats I would love to wear but I've always had a fatish face (especial now) and I don't think I look good in hats. I have some hats around the house so I may give it shot being as it is suppose to be quite warm out so I may take a nice walk.

scorpio_rising
February 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
You are so beautiful and you look gorgeous either way!
Sending love and prayers. :)

kmouse43
February 18th, 2011, 07:01 AM
The wig looks so good on you! It looks very natural! You are a brave woman and I wish you good health from here on out.

kdaniels8811
February 18th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Wig updos - I found some clips that I sewed onto a piece of ribbon and clip one on each side of the wig under my ear - holds it in place while I style. I flip my head upside down and smooth as much as possible, then twist into a figure 8 or cinnabun. The buns are level with my ears or lower and I push the bun down in the back to cover the obvious edge in the back so the hair on the bottom of my neck is not coming straight up as this makes it obvious I am wearing a wig. Hmm, no way to do a tutorial, no camera.

Basically, I style it lower on my head than I did with my real hair. And it is a balancing act at first to get it where it will not slip due to the bun pulling down. I find the wigs tangle much more easily than my real hair, that is why I wear it up to protect them. I wore my first one out, it is all raggety looking on the ends - maybe I could get a trim! Smile! I am so close to giving it up...

Paranda Belle
February 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
You look fabulous with or without wig.
One of my aunts had chemo and when it was finished she would wash her scalp in an aritha tea. It grew back black (it had been grey before) and thicker than it was before.
Good luck with it all.

Angel_099
February 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I agree with everyone. You are a beautiful woman who looks great with or without the wig! :) Praying for a quick recovery for you.

AZDesertRose
February 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
You look gorgeous either way, and you have a great smile.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

DecafJane
February 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Good on you for taking control - and that wig looks great! Best wishes for your treatment.

RitaPG
February 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM
That does look great, very natural :)
Good luck with the chemo, hope you get better soon :grouphug:

SurprisingWoman
February 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
When my step mom's hair grew out it was curly instead of straight. She said it was like Christmas, not knowing what she was going to get.

Your wig looks great. Sending you good vibes on your recovery.

princess03
February 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
The wig looks sO natural and pretty ! Best wishes to you!

spidermom
February 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I really love the wig on you. I wish you the easiest treatment course and the quickest recovery possible.