PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your honest opinion

BrightEyes
February 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone!

So I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide if I REALLY do want long hair afterall.:rolleyes: I do love long hair, but the thing is I love short hair too!! And I feel happy and confident in short hair, to be honest I feel more so with short hair.

So I would like your honest opinion as to what you all think I look better with. Unfortunately my "long" picture isn't really that long, but it's about the longest I've ever had. :D

ETA: Oh darn!! I just realized that my first picture is tiny!!! I'm not quite sure how to make it larger or clickable. I'm so sorry!!!! You can see it better in my album. Thanks!

This is me with "long" hair (I'm sorry it's not as clear as the other two pics):

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/shajolley/th_2890_74434678682_718258682_1818725_421124_n.jpg ?t=1297355480

And this is shorter:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/shajolley/th_shorthair.jpg?t=1297355480

This picture is just a little shorter than the previous picture:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/shajolley/th_mms_picture.jpg?t=1297355480

Please help me decide if I should continue growing or cut!!

Thanks in advance

Rocket22
February 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Well it is hard to see the long hair picture. But you look adorable with short hair and if that is how you feel most confident then you should go with that. Long hair is certainly not for everyone and one size does not fit all, that is what makes the world go around :)

Veviticus
February 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I think that you are beautiful...your skin is so clear! I HONESTLY think that from the shape of your face, you would look awesome with long or short hair, but since I have a soft spot for long hair, I say let it grow.

Better yet, why not let your hair get to a "halfway length" like bsl, or a little longer, and that way you can kind of have the best of both worlds, if you know what I'm saying.
Keep us posted on whatever you decide.

CarpeDM
February 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Funny, I went to an event over the weekend and I was sitting next to a woman who looks just like you. She had the same face shape, hair texture and hair color, but she had BSL length hair with a few face framing layers, and I thought it looked nice on her. You could try growing it out some more and see if you like it!

Madora
February 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Go with what makes you happy! It can be a trial growing long hair and takes a lot of patience. Styling options are limited and it can be frustrating.

If you enjoy your hair short, then go for it! Hair can be beautiful if its short too!

scorpio_rising
February 10th, 2011, 09:58 AM
BSL length hair with a few face framing layers
<snipped>

That's what I was thinking! You look super adorable with short hair but you could grow it out and keep that same look, too. You're super pretty and I think you're one of those lucky people who can do whatever with their hair and it'll look good no matter what!

fluffybunny
February 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Hi,
I doubt that your basic preference will change. If you feel happier and more confident with short hair, then go with that. It's just an individual preference, so you're sure to get some people saying it looks better short, and some saying it looks better long.

bte
February 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Bearing in mind that I am always biased in favour of long hair, I do think longer looks better on you.

oktobergoud
February 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I think they both suit you! I feel you look a bit younger with the shorter cut, but that might just be me. Do what you feel best with, just give it the well known '2 weeks', that always works for me! Most of the time I have these urges to cut it and then I think about it long enough (about 2 weeks) and then I always change my mind again and just let it grow :)

Red_Wednesday
February 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Wow!! This is a really tough one, because you actually look very lovely with long or short hair.

Hmmm, well...I'm actually partial to long hair, so I'd usually be inclined to encourage you to grow, grow, grow:eyebrows:. Happiness and confidence, however, are two really big players in my book, so if short hair makes you feel these, then short it should be:).

Dragon
February 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I think both look good on you. I think you should do what ever you feel happiest with.

Roseate
February 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I like the texture of your hair better in the "long" picture; looks like it gets a few more waves as it grows? The softer wavy look is more flattering IMO, and if that comes with length I'd say go for a little more length.

Of course I'm a wavy myself so maybe I'm biased! ;)

CariadA
February 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Because of your face shape, I think you can pull either look off. I know that doesn't help much, but that's my honest opinion.

It might be fun to try something new. And you always know that if you don't like it, you can cut it back to a style you know you like.

Pandora.
February 10th, 2011, 12:56 PM
You look so beautiful with short hair! :)

I love short hair, but the only reason I keep my hair long is because short hair does not flatter my face in the slightest. If I could suit short hair, I'd be snipping at my hair before you know it. :P

pepperedmoth
February 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
You look beautiful either way.

Keep in mind that as hair grows, it becomes less a question if you look good with long hair and more a question of whether you look good with the hair pulled off your face in an updo.

I still couldn't tell you which suits your face better, but keep that in mind!

Cupofmilk
February 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
You have a great face shape - both short and long hair suit you. Do what makes you happy.

milagro
February 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
If you feel happier with short hair, have it short by all means :) but I don't see why long hair won't suit you. So lovely texture and color and it looks very manageable. And you always can have your bangs or some face-framing locks if you like, with long hair.

twolunarspring
February 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Going from the pictures, I think that long hair with layers to frame your face would be perfect :)

You're very pretty, btw :flower:

Mesmerise
February 10th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Honestly, as everyone's said you look great either way!

However, if your hair is sort of at a half way length you can feel sort of blah about it... for many people they can look great with long hair, great with short hair, but don't like it in between.

So I guess your option is to keep growing awhile longer to see how you feel, or just scrap the idea entirely and chop it off! I am in favour of going for long hair at least once (I gather you've never had it really long, like waist or beyond??).

But all that being said, take the two week rule before you decide to chop it and think very carefully! Either way you'll look good, but it's a lot harder to decide to have long hair after you've chopped it off - it's much easier to be long and decide you prefer short!

jeanniet
February 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
You could compromise and keep your hair around shoulder or APL length. That way, it wouldn't feel too long and you'd still be able to put it up.

Ultimately, it comes down to what feels right for you. Even if we all said you look great in long hair, what good would it do if you were miserable with it? If shorter hair makes you happy, then you should have shorter hair. It's really all about what is best for each individual person.

SheaLynne
February 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
You know, I usually stay out of these types of posts because I *hate* to be involved in helping someone make a decision that doesn't turn out to be a good thing ;) but after looking at your album, I have to share my opinion.

I LOVE your hair longer. It is cute short, and you have a fantastic smile that will stand out regardless. I agree with others that bangs and face-framing layers would help highlight your smile, but I think you would look fantastic with updos, and I love the ones you've already successfully done.

I also agree that you are at a very awkward length where you are not able to fully enjoy updos and hairtoys, but have lost the "cute and sassy" of a short 'do. I vote for hanging in there and at least trying longer hair out. It probably will need to be longer than you think before you are really reaping the rewards of "long hair".

Finally, I have found that the self images I had for many years have not turned out to be accurate. I felt I needed bangs and volume (ie curls and perms) in my hair to frame my face, and that pulling it straight back was horrible for me, but now that I have all-natural flatter hair and pull it back in updos, I'm amazed at the compliments I get...yesterday someone even said she loved my hair pulled straight back (and I have no bangs for the first time in my life). It's almost hilarious! I think I've gained the confidence to wear my hair and let my face stand out in a way I never did before. AND remember that photos and mirrors where you are looking straight at the camera/mirror are not true likenesses to your full self. When others are talking to you, they are seeing you from various angles and also from the back, and alot more than you usually see of yourself.

In the end, there is no reason to keep long hair if you do not become comfortable with it, but you are here for some reason, so I would encourage you to stick with it a while longer. The longer my hair gets now, the more I love it!

Deborah
February 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I like your hair longer, but the only real issue is how YOU like it. I will agree with other posters that your hair is not long enough to really assess how you look in long hair. I would call your hair medium length. If it were me, I'd grow down to at least APL before deciding. But if it's just annoying and bugging you, then snip away!

lyria
February 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM
BSL length hair with a few face framing layers

I think this would look really great with your bone structure!

jaine
February 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
You are gorgeous and would still be gorgeous with any length hair!

Maybe it's the shoulder length blues? I don't like shoulder length because it feels so ordinary and conservative on me. Short hair felt so unique and edgy ... I was the only female I knew with really short hair.

But I tried on a BSL-length wig and I know for a fact that length felt a LOT less ordinary and less conservative. I think the in-between stages are the most difficult.

wendy51
February 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I think both are good!
It depends: if you get bored of your long hair, cut, but i think long is cute ^^

Delila
February 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
All I know from my own experience, is that I started enjoying my long hair more once it got beyond waist. Something about that length just started being easier to live with, but I'll admit that along the way, sometimes it was just frustrating and awkward. (but growing out my bangs was THE worst part of it all. Ugh. I'm SO glad I've got them grown out, no way I'm going back to those again.)

ETA: I'd never have known how much I like having it at longer lengths if I hadn't toughed it out. Before this, I'd never had mine much longer than shoulder length, so this was all new territory for me.

BrightEyes
February 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you for all of your comments.:flower: You've all given me some things to think about.

I really like the idea of adding more bangs and face framing layers. Like was mentioned, I am at an awkward length and that might be why I have the urge to cut more than anything else. Sounds like I need to try out some patience LOL.

I also like the idea of growing to at least APL and then deciding if I want to go longer. I've never even had my hair that long before. So I am curious to see how I look and feel at that length. If I get there and hate it, I know I can always go short and be happy with that too.

One reason I have the hair blues may be because I've been wearing it up a lot in an effort to forget about it. But not having it down as much has made me feel kind of blah lately. Maybe I need to figure out better ways to work with my waves and wear it down more often.

Thanks again every one! I'm not rushing off to the salon yet.:D But if I do decide to chop away, I hope I can still come and play at the LHC!!

McFearless
February 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Whatever makes you feel the best about YOU is the best hair. I think if you're looking for a change you could experiment with different hemlines, angled bobs, layers, hair styling, bangs, etc. The opportunities are endless. Google celebs for inspiration. Just because your hair is short doesn't mean you can improve its condition, thickness, texture, etc. :)

JulietCapulet
February 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I like the short hair, but I think the long hair is more feminine. Either one will be perfect.