PDA

View Full Version : Is Long Hair Common In Your Family?

Dragon
February 8th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Does many people in your family have long hair?

I don’t know most of my family as half of them are in New Zealand but in the Australian side, long hair doesn’t seem to be common.

milagro
February 8th, 2011, 03:12 AM
No. My mother had long hair almost all her life, and of of my grandmothers one had very long and the other short hair (interesting that it was my mom's mother and despite her own short styles she always encouraged long hair in us :)). My aunts and cousins all have hair to APL the longest.

Night_Kitten
February 8th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Not really... Right now, other than me, the longest is ~BSL, and it's my brother's wife... The rest are ~APL at max...
My mother did have long hair when she was at school thought - about waist or so, but she cut it when she went to the university :(

Avital88
February 8th, 2011, 03:44 AM
My grandmother from my mums side used to have BSL lenght hair, and my mum also but she just cut it back to apl and is planning on getting a cut to her shoulders.
I dont even know halve of my family. And the rest is like 6 people haha , uhm i guess right now im the only one with long hair my niece is just past apl..

Vorvolaka
February 8th, 2011, 03:49 AM
No, they all have short hair. But my family is tiny, so not a good example!

skyblue
February 8th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Most of my family have short or BSL hair I don't know if any of them had really long hair at any point, my sister had classic length as a young girl and into her teens so I have hope that my hair can get at least that long :)

Speckla
February 8th, 2011, 04:12 AM
It's very unusual. Infact, mine is the longest.

freckles
February 8th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Um, I'm not really in touch with my mum's side right now, so I'm not sure about them. As far as I know, my mum always had short hair. All the guys and my grandma on my dad side have short hair, my dad himself had long (APL+) hair for most of my childhood, but cut it off a few years ago and keeps it short now. Of my two aunts, one has beautiful wurly red APL hair, and one tends to go through a cycle where she grows long, nearly waist, then donates it and cuts to shoulder. My sister has hair a little longer than shoulder and last time I saw her she was considering growing it out. So in my family, the men mostly have short hair, and the women have short, medium and long in fairly equal proportions.

My great grandma had long hair though -- to her knees!

ETA: my hair is currently the longest by a long way! Woo! :)

anodyne_ame
February 8th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Well, there are a lot of men in my family, who all have very short hair. All of whom are married, have wives with short hair too (if I remember right, my cousin's wife had a short ponytail when I last saw her). At the moment I'm the only one with nearly tailbone length. My mother used to have long hair like mine when she was my age, but that's it. Short hair is pretty much the norm in my family.

Taur5684
February 8th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Aside from mine, the longest hair anybody in my family has is to the shoulders. I'm at BSL and they all keep telling me to cut it :undecided
Oh well.

crystal_89
February 8th, 2011, 04:26 AM
My mum had long hair around classic length when I was a little girl and she always wore it in one long plait. Now her hair is around tailbone length but her hair gets long because she is very shy and doesn't like going to the hairdresser.

SeaPhoenix
February 8th, 2011, 04:32 AM
From seeing old photos from my grandma's time (born in 1911 and all her photos from teen to mature woman were short haired). My mom and aunt never had long hair either. My sister and me seem to be the exceptions (although we both cycle in and out... but we've both hit hip length before). I think part of it is just genetics though. My sister got our biological father's side hair - super thick... I got mom's - definitely on the thin side, and ever since I gave up henna, seems thinner at the scalp too. But - mom's hair is like that, and I suspect so is my aunt's and our grandmother probably had the same.

candlesandfish
February 8th, 2011, 04:39 AM
My great grandmother on my Dad's side had hair to at least classic length, Dad says it was to her knees but he never saw it down so I'm not sure. My Mum and sister have hair with a very short terminal length - my sister can't grow hers past a few inches below her shoulders. Mine is very abnormal for my family this generation, everyone else has short hair.

Boyfriend has shoulder length+ hair though :) He grows it longer occasionally but it looks awful on him really long so I make him go get it cut.

Mesmerise
February 8th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Well I have a very small family really. Both my parents were only children, so no first cousins, aunts or uncles! My mum always had short hair - except for a brief time in the early 70s, cause I saw some slides of her with hair that was probably just past shoulder length, so weird as those are the ONLY pics I ever saw of her with longish hair!

Then there's me and my sister, and I guess we've both had long and short hair, but I think mine has definitely been longer overall than hers, or at least, over the years I've had it longer for a longer % of time! She has now grown hers to past shoulder length (not quite APL I think). I do remember her having pretty long hair a couple of times though!

As for any second cousins or whatever, I don't know them (any I have would be in New Zealand on my dad's side or maybe in Tasmania, which I last visited at the age of 4!).

I have always personally had a preference for long hair, but often ended up chopping it off before growing it again pretty much straight away :rolleyes:.

krissykins
February 8th, 2011, 05:09 AM
The only other person who I can think of with long hair in my family is my crazy grandmother, who everyone already compares me to. Blehh.

Fufu
February 8th, 2011, 05:35 AM
My mum has short hair.. and my 2 siblings are guys.

WaitingSoLong
February 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
I have an eccentric aunt with terminal length hair, which on her is TBL. I had oen cousin with about waist length hair, but I have not seen her in forever, I have no idea if she still does. She was only like 19 the last time I saw her. Everyoe else has shoulder-blade length or shorter. Since I went past TBL, I guess I have the longest hair in the family.

LocustSpawning
February 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yep. My father has hair longer than mine, my mother has waist length dreadlocks, my grandmother used to have hip length hair, and my grandfather had long curly hair before he started balding! :p My sister also has hip length hair.

Othala
February 8th, 2011, 06:12 AM
When I look at the photographs from my childhood, all the women had long hair. Now, all the women who are still alive have short hair bar myself at TB, my cousin who is 10 years younger but has bleached, streaked and very damaged hair just above her waist and my 13 year old niece who has virgin BSL hair.

lyria
February 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Definitely not. My one of my cousins has waist length hair, but other than that, everyone is APL or shorter!

RedheadMistress
February 8th, 2011, 06:25 AM
- My immediate family, such as my mother, has long hair t her waist .
Also my sister . Other family members also usually have to waist, which is coincidentally the length I want to get to . . but then again it's probably more popular to have shorter hair . .

wendy51
February 8th, 2011, 06:49 AM
well my mom used to have long hair when she was young studying in Senegal. Some women in my family have hair until BSL only my aunt who have longer.

spitfire511
February 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I come from a family of short hairs. My mother's hair was never longer than shoulder in her entire life, usually kept just longer than pixie. One sister has long hair and that's it. Really. No cousins, aunts, grandparents, nieces no one! :p

Loreley
February 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
My sister has past BSL hair. My great grandmother had hip length and one of my cousins has past waist length hair. Everyone else has short hair in my family.

Henrietta
February 8th, 2011, 07:37 AM
My aunt used to have long hair, about hip length but she cut it after she had a baby.
My cousin had hair about the same length but I think she has cut it too. I'm not sure since they are not in touch with us...
And my closest cousin has waist/hip length hair. Nice, 1a, silky smooth, thick. She hates it though, because it's long and it requires so much work (or at least she thinks so, but if someone washes their hair piling it on the top of their head and then tries to brush it wet from top to ends- well, yeah, doing something impossible requires a lot of work). But despite it all she won't cut it because she will not be special any more, in her opinion.
So, practically, she's the only long haired person in my family now.

Hiriel
February 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM
No. Mine is by far the longest. I have plenty of family, about 15 cousins (not counting step-cousins!), and only one has long hair apart from me. My 10 year old cousin has approx. BSL hair. (She's the most adorable kid, with huge brown eyes and lovely long dark brown hair. And she doesn't look at all related to the rest of the pasty white bunch. :p) My mother used to have long hair when she was ten too, but has kept it short since then.

My hair has always been longish though. I've basically just had my hair cut twice since I started elementary school :p

PiroskaCicu
February 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Hmm.. well in my immediate family, my brother has waist length hair, and my mom has BSL hair. Other than that no one else really has long hair past APL.

Kakes1065
February 8th, 2011, 07:58 AM
My family is not very large, and the women in my family have mostly had short hair.

Madora
February 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM
There's a history of long hair on both sides of my family..but not of recent date.

My maternal grandmother had gorgeous long red hair.

My father's aunts had long braids down to their knees.

thisischristine
February 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
All the ladies have shoulder length - APL. When we were young, we all had long hair (waist) on and off. Alternating with bobs! I think there wasn't much money for haircuts.

BrightEyes
February 8th, 2011, 08:29 AM
My mom has always had waist length hair. The other women in my family have never gotten past APL.

My husband's family is a different story. He has 5 brothers and all their wives except for one (who had BSL hair but just cut to a chin length bob) have BSL hair or longer. I was just with one of my SILs and she has beautiful waist length hair but her DH keeps telling her to cut it to her chin. I really hope she doesn't, her hair is just gorgeous.

rhosyn_du
February 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Not currently, but my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother all had hair between tailbone and mid-thigh when they were in their teens and early 20's, and my grandmother only cut to waist when she decided to go shorter, although she'd cut to APL by the time I was old enough to have real memories of her hair rather than just pictures.

AspenSong
February 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Not at all. The women on my Dad's and mothers side always had shorter hair - shoulder length is considered "Long" to them and anything past that is starting to be too long and look "Scraggly". lol. Which is probably why other than my dad, I always got such grief when my hair was long before.
The only person I can guess had longer hair was my Mother's grandmother maybe....she came over from Sweden and my mother told me once how she remembered she used to put her hair in two braids and wrap them around her head. So I'm guessing that at least she had long hair, at one point....no photos though to go off of.

Bubbleguppy
February 8th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Not at all common, in fact, I think I might have the longest hair in my family! Unless of course I count DBF, since he's basically part of my family now. He has much longer hair than me :D I know my mother had longer hair when she was younger, but as she got older, she always kept it really short. That seems to be the common theme among the women in my family, as they get older their hair gets shorter. I plan on breaking that cycle! :)

SummerSkye
February 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Well my Mum still has long hair, has had long hair most of her life. My husband has long hair and I want my son to have long hair becuase his hair is gorgeous but he is being a typical stubborn teenager and insists in cutting it off lol!

LadyCelestina
February 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
My sister does,she had hair down to classic (It´s around waist right now.) ... Nobody else,not even I really do :cool:

mrs_coffee
February 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Except for one cousin, 5 years younger than me, all of the women in my family had/have short hair (chin length or shorter).

Intransigentia
February 8th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm getting close to the longest hair in several generations on either side. A couple of my older cousins had it between APL and BSL when they were in high school, but have since gotten bobs or short granny-poodle perms; my mom, aunts, and grandmas all keep/kept their hair short, even as young women.

I think a lot of it is because I'm a genetic freak of my family - everybody else has really fine, thin hair, ponytail thickness of a pinkie finger, and I somehow ended up with fine hair, but ii/iii thickness, which doesn't take much work at all to look nice long.

CariadA
February 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM
My family is tiny, so we are also not the best example. DH and I both have brothers and no sisters, so there really aren't many women. There is just me, my mother and my mother-in-law. We all have hair longer than BSL.

sugarpixie10988
February 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Not at all. My mom's hair is chin length, along with my grandma's and all of my aunts. My only girl cousin's hair is a bit shorter than mine. The rest of my cousins either have their hair buzzed since they're in the marines, or just a bit longer.

mira-chan
February 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Every woman in my family had long hair when they were children. I currently have the longest hair though no one else is even close.

Speedbump
February 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Nope. I'm the longhaired weirdo of the bunch. :cheese:

akhkharu
February 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm the only one in my family with very long hair right now, but in the past my two sisters, mother, aunt, and one cousin have had their hair at least waist length. My father had shoulder length hair as a teenager, and my brother's hair is about shoulder length and still growing. I guess it runs in my family! My boyfriend isn't exactly in my family, but his hair is waist length too.

enfys
February 8th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Not since the 70s. Back then, my mum and one auntie had long hair, about waist or so. None of my six other aunties or my cousins have long hair. One uncle is about apl usually, but he's the only long haired male.

My sister had long hair, about TB, which she cut after her wedding to a very unflattering long bob.

Although they don't have long hair, my family love mine. They just have to see an accent braid to start cooing.

jujube
February 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Nope, my Mom is sporting short hair as well as most of my aunts. Only two of them have like shoulder-APL hair, and it's not in top condition. My brother once grew his hair to his shoulders, but at the mean time he also grew dreadlocks... Keeps his hair short now. In my boyfriend's family, though (they're from Colombia and Guatemala), women tend to keep their hair longer. His sister has like TB 3b hair and his niece has GORGEOUS midback coarse, 2a, well-moisturized locks. (Yes I do love hairtyping people).

NotInPortland
February 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
In my family right now I'm the only one with long hair, although my brother used to have lovely long curly hair but had to cut it for work :(

Anywhere
February 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM
No. Most of the women in my family have APL hair or shorter, and the men all have hair only a few inches long.

Malibu Barbie
February 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I had one cousin that had long hair. I think mine is longer now.:)

Aquamarine
February 8th, 2011, 04:13 PM
YES! :) Both my mom and grandma have long hair. Every female in my family has waist+ length of hair. Mom has thigh length hair and grandma had knee length but she cut it off to waist a few years ago. My hair is past classic now..I guess I have good hair genes! :cheese:

ladyjo
February 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
No one in my family ever had long hair but it's just me, sis and mum lol.. My sister and I have coveted long hair as teens/grownups, my sister had hair that flipflopped between BSL and waist for 10 years before recently cutting it to APL. She straightens it every day, sometimes more than once a day so the damage has to be cut off constantly...maybe I should introduce her to this site?

I want to have the longest hair so I can boast and feel smug, I'm not ashamed to admit it :D

Cirafly24
February 8th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Long hair is not common at all in my family. As far as I know, I have the longest hair in my family...even extended to second and third cousins. On my mom's side, everyone has APL or shorter, and they blowdry/flat iron it to death.

I have one cousin on my dad's side that has freakishly fast growing hair...as a child, her mother would have her grow it to ~tailbone every year and then cut it to shoulder to donate. Admittedly, she was a small child, so it was probably about 12-14 inches a year, but still, so jealous! Now that she's about 16, she keeps it at shoulder length. I'm pretty sure she has to cut it every few weeks to keep it there, though. She gets that from her mother, who isn't my blood relative, unfortunately :o

Cowgirl16
February 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I am the only one in my family to have long hair. My mom has never had hair past her shoulders and my sister keeps her hair at about BSL. I do have a DIL that has hair a little past BSL; but she usually cuts it when it is that length.

fluffybunny
February 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Let's see, my dad's ex-wife had long hair past middle age, which prompted comments like "a woman her age doesn't *need* all that hair!". My mom grew hers out in her 40s, not because she wanted long hair (in fact she hated it), but as a result of converting to Apostolic Pentecostal. Other than that, all the women had short hair and my girl relatives cut theirs before even reaching high school age. So there aren't really any fans of long hair in my family. I was the lone freak 'til meeting my fiance who's also the lone long-haired freak in his family :) His niece had TB hair but cut it off last year when Locks of Love did a hair drive at her school. She does look cute but ugh! I hate that organization.

Zindell
February 9th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Does many people in your family have long hair?

Yikes. Never thought about it, but of the family I know, only me and my daughter have long hair! :D:D

Lippytoes
February 9th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Well, my family isn't too big, but (like many here, it seems!) I am pretty much the only one with long hair. My sister used to have around APL hair, but she's happy with a bob cut now. My mum has an awesome pixie cut. :) So yeah, even cousins and all considered, I'm definitely the longhair of the bunch. Hadn't ever even thought about it too much! Funny.

jesis
February 9th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yepp! My mom has curly hair like me and it's fairly long, my dad and brother both have longish hair and my sister's hair grows REALLY fast! :)

CastaDiva
February 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM
No, I`m the only one with really long hair. One of my nieces hair was at about BSL last year before she cut it, and that`s the longest I`ve seen on another family member:)

utdesertrunner
February 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Not at all. the teen girls have longest at about apl, but the adults are sl or shorter.

CaliforniaAnne
February 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
My family mostly have long hair (the grandmothers excluded--they have always had the flapper/glamor girl bobs of their youth). My mother, my brother, my boyfriend and myself all have long hair. My Dad had long hair when he was younger but cut it in his late 20s. :)

Oz
February 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
all shorties. my 2 yonger sisters used to have relativly long hair but they usualy cut it before it gets to anywhere unusual. everyone else its sholders.. but then..... they are all over 40.

kouran
February 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM
No, but one of my grandmothers used to have very long hair, she is from the countryside, many countryside people have long hair here. My other grandmother is from the city and always had short hair, her father used to say it was sinful to have it long and to wear earrings as well, so she is always saying I should cut my hair.

Angela_Rose
February 9th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Nope. Mine is the longest hair in my family by at least about two feet. I've always had the longest hair in the family, now that I think about it.

Fairlight63
February 9th, 2011, 11:23 AM
When I was growing up my Grand mother had long hair - about BSL I think.
Both of my sisters had long hair. I had long hair up until I was 12 then decided to cut it short - tried to grow long afterwards but never was able to, I would always get the urge to cut it. My daughter had long hair until she got married, then cut it. My other daughter has had long hair for the last 20 yrs.

Now: the only one with long hair is one of my daughters & me.

Emerald88
February 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
My great-grandma had beautiful long red hair when she was a girl which I only know about because she told me & showed me a picture. I can't think of a single other person in my family that has ever had hair longer than bsl.

hermosamendoza
February 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
No, I'm the only one that has continously long hair. or made an effort. My mother and sister have had short hair most of my life.

On the west coast of the USA I noticed that women of all ages have long hair. and when I moved back to the midwest (iowa) I realized they all have the same haircut. Seriously. And after only two years here I cut all my beautiful hair off. :(

So I am on my way back to long hair, even though everyone tells me to keep it short.

Nicolesid1
February 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
All the women of my family have long hair. My aunt has epic perfect hair.

Bellatrix
February 9th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My mother and sister have long-ish hair. They don't want to grow it beyond BSL though.

lascuba
February 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Not at all. In my grandmother's generation most women cut their hair after marrying, and from the few pictures I've seen they didn't wear it very long before then, anyway. My mom's generation keeps it short as well, but in stylish cuts.

Alexannee10
February 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Definitivly not ! Everyone in my family have short hair, exept me ~waist, my sister and cousins ~APL ..

kmangus
February 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yes. Most of my family has long hair. I come from a family of six siblings and we all keep our hair around BSl-waist :)

RavennaNight
February 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Nope. All the women in my family that I had ever seen had short hair. My mom's hair was cropped shorter than a bob. My grandma was always bob or shorter. All my grandma's siblings from what I remember had really short hair. Me growing my hair out is probably a first in a few generations!

Nera
February 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
No, not at all!

Tegaladwen
February 9th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I brought my mum into growing her hair long. She is competing with me but I'm winning! My mum had her hair long when she was younger. Her mum had hair down to hip length until about a year ago she cut it all off to a pixie because of atheritis in her hands.
I also found out my dads grandmother had really long hair.
None of my family I know currently have long hair apart from my mum.

squiggyflop
February 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
nope no one with hair longer than shoulder in my family but me.. the longest my mom ever had to my knowledge is a shoulder length poodle perm..

princessp
February 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I never thought about it before, but yeah I think it is.

Browniegirl
February 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, most girls in my family have long hair. I, at the longer end of BSL( I need to update the length on my profile....) am one of the shorter haired ones.Most of my cousins have hair thats just about waist, and several are growing it out much longer.My Aunt has beautiful , knee length ,tawny-colored thick hair.It used to be at her ankles,but she cut it.She's also near six feet in height.As she said, when I told her about my hair goals, "Don't worry, our family has the wooly mammoth genes".I may be bragging now,I'll shush,sorry everyone! :(

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 05:12 PM
My aunts not so much, but my female cousins are all BSL and WL. Even the boys had their moments.

Felicity
February 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
My mom used to have long hair back in the 70s. She cut it before she ever met my dad so I have never seen her with long hair.

She has this picture on her facebook of it though:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/39772_142638869087687_100000247234379_333587_49366 81_n.jpg

wasn't it pretty? She grew it to classic length before she cut it. I never saw it past shoulder.

Fufu
February 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Felicity: Your mum's hair is oustanding.

patienceneeded
February 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
No one in my family has hair longer than a pixie or chin-length. Male or female. My step-dad had waist-length hair when he was in HS, I've seen pics. It was lovely. My mom had hip-length hair until she went to college. I've only known them with short hair.

Bianca
February 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Not really. My little sister has long hair as the only one. The rest dont give a damn about hair. I try to get my mother to take a little better care of her hair. But she just dont care how it looks or cant be bothered :rolleyes:

Tikwichka
February 9th, 2011, 09:20 PM
The younger females of my family have hair between APL and BSL. Only my mum and I have hair longer than BSL.

Hylia
February 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Both my mom and my dad raised me and they both had long hair, I`d say waist length up until I was about 11. I guess that is what started the whole long hair craze for me.

Lollipop
February 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Long hair is very uncommon in my family. When I was little my sister and I had tb length hair, but very early in elementary school our mom started cutting it to about shoulder length. When I was entering adolescence, I kept wanting long hair, but my mom would make me get a haircut at least once a year. I kept wanting to have long hair, but whe never let me skip haircuts. She cuts her own to about colarbone length. To make matters worse I am a 3a, she is a 1a/b, my oldest sister is a 1a/b, and my grandmothers are also 1a/b. Aside from my dad who keeps hi hair under 2", there is no one in my immediate family wo teach me about long hair. I think my mom saw the annual haircut as a somehow required thing to make up for not "managing" my hair. i can't really explain....

ANYWAY, over the past few years she has been less and less restrictive, and now that I have full controll of my hair IT SHALL GROW :cheese:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exclusively di
February 9th, 2011, 10:11 PM
All my generation have/had long hair most of the time, the same with our children, but mine is the longest. I don't cut, and they all do, some keep it long, others grow then cut, then grow then cut but most tend to keep it below shoulder length. There are about 7 or 8 girls in my generation and of the children I am only in contact with 6. Their daughters all have longer hair too.

My Mum's mum, now, had loooong hair. I don't really remember how long it was, I DO remember sitting at the foot of her bed watching her comb it out in the AM, then braiding it in waist length or longer braids and wrapping them around her head in a crown braid. It was BLACK, no grey at all. She was my hero, I KNOW my long hair thing was born during those moments!

Alcenaia
February 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
My mother had approximately classic length hair up until I was born. My Grammy had APL hair.
And now I'm midthigh. :) None of the men have hair out of ordinary lengths.

FoxRain
February 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Can't think of anyone actually. The longest hair is on my cousin (last I saw), she has BSL.
Everyone else has shorter than chin.

renarok
February 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I am the only person in my family with long hair.

curlymarcia
February 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I have a big family, and only my grandmother and a niece have long hair (around waist). The other members have passing shoulder length or shorter hair.

3azza
February 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
my dad's side: no body
my mum's side: my mum's aunts and mother but no one from my recent generation

Rowanne
February 12th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Nope. I'm the longhaired weirdo of the bunch. :cheese:

Same here. The others are somewhere between bald and bob. My younger brother had BSL hair (if you can refer to guys with that term) but it was far from healthy and then he cut it.

cherryblossom
February 12th, 2011, 06:18 AM
My mum had classic length hair when she was young, it was absolutely beautiful, really black, straight, long and really thick.

None of my family have long hair now, apart from my (ex) Aunt, who's got long black hair which she keeps permed and in great condition - I have no idea why it isn't more damaged!

growing2shine
February 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
No, in my family I'm the first to actually grow my hair long... My beautiful cousin, Louise, has about hip length hair with fairytail ends. She isn't really doing anything for her hair, and it kind of shows. Her mother also has longish hair (about BSL). Anyways, they are the only two with long hair. Everybody else have some sort of very short hair cut, men and women.

Lostsoule77
February 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Not so much. My mother always kept her hair about bsl. Besides me the only other long hair was my niece. Hers was about waste or hip, but she recently cut it to somewhere between apl & bsl. Her hair is so thin that it actually looks better at this length. :(