PDA

View Full Version : Color question

MakeLoveNotWar
February 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Lately I've been missing being a red head and wanted to be red again. My problem is, I have about 1 and 1/2 inches of outgrowth, where my roots are a medium brown and the rest of my hair is a little darker. I'm scared to go all red because I'm worried my roots will turn out really red, while the rest of my hair will be darker. BUT I'm thinking dying all the same brown, then all red might be too much on my hair :( What does everyone think? Would that even happen where my roots would be a different red than the rest of my hair?

ibleedlipstick
February 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM
What shade of red are you going for? OMG BRIGHT RED or a deep reddish, cinnamon type color?

Are you planning on using a permanent dye?

If you are going to use a permanent dye (20 vol. developer?) and do it in a relatively deep color, you should be fine.

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
If the rest of your hair is black/blackish will be obvious that you "tried" to go red. Even darker shades, I've done it with medium brown/light brown. Was pretty obvious to me. If you lightened just some parts on top it would blend nicely, since darker underlayers are common.