PDA

View Full Version : Easiest faux bob (yes, a lot of threads, I know) directions

Speckla
February 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I know there's a lot of faux bob threads but this link is the easiest I've ever seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A5Ne1jo3Ds

Kathie
February 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That ended up looking so cute!

skyblue
February 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
wow! Just learned a something new! lol! I'm gonna have to try that!
thanks for posting the link!

tigr
February 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Very cute! Thanks for the link.

Anywhere
February 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I feel like they just showed them doing a version of someone elses bob? binosusume has the rose headband braid and the faux bob on her channel, looks like this person just combined them

Thanks for sharing though. I wouldn't have thought of combining the two techniques. :flower:

vanity_acefake
February 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM
That looks lovely. Thank you for sharing.

roxylake
February 7th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cool...I never heard of anything like that. It's a very nice option for when you feel like short hair. :)

spidermom
February 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
They make it look so easy! I find pinning this into place very difficult.

Tikwichka
February 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM
What an interesting idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 05:58 PM
YouTips4u makes one with no braiding or pinning involved. Make a ponytail with a ribbon, slide it down, pull the ends under and secure the ribbon around your head.

ETA: Have A Short Hair Style Instantly Without Cutting Your Long Hair - A No-Commitment Short Hairstyle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B347qKB9Kag)

I think she's waist and looks SL after.

orangeskye
February 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
cool I'm excited to try something like that,

kinda funny a whole forum dedicated to growing long hair and we're like ooo look! it looks short!

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM

kinda funny a whole forum dedicated to growing long hair and we're like ooo look! it looks short!

Specially when we have a thread called "if you had to cut a bob..." with lots of people hating on it.

Speckla
February 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Specially when we have a thread called "if you had to cut a bob..." with lots of people hating on it.

I love bobs and I think they're really cute. I like to be able to do this look and still have long hair when I take it down.

ddiana1979
February 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Really cute hairstyle, and easier than the other versions I've tried. I have to say though, the music cracked me up.

kepulli
February 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
That was so pretty and cool! I can't wait until my hair grows long enuf to try this!

Lark
February 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
This is my attempt with two braids, I find it easier to pin them up if I put a band around the rolled up braid
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5668&pictureid=95655

Sanyia
February 8th, 2011, 11:04 AM
YouTips4u makes one with no braiding or pinning involved. Make a ponytail with a ribbon, slide it down, pull the ends under and secure the ribbon around your head.

ETA: Have A Short Hair Style Instantly Without Cutting Your Long Hair - A No-Commitment Short Hairstyle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B347qKB9Kag)

I think she's waist and looks SL after.

It is cute. I have done this once after seeing Ingmar Bergman's "Scenes From a Marriage". In that movie Liv Ullman appears to have her hair cut, then unties a long ribbon keeping her hair up. I paused it, and ran to the bathroom to do try it out immediately! :bounce:

Superfine
February 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks Lianna for the easy tip to a faux bob. I have been bored, discouraged, etc. lately because of the cold, dry (static hair) weather that I began thinking of cutting my BSL to shoulder. This trial cinched it. I'm not cutting! It looked nice, but I realized that it is not enough length for all my outdoor activities like golf, gardening. I wear it up all the time anyway. Also I knew I'd hate it in the hot humid summer. But it is fun to know how to do it once in a while for something really different. Thanks.

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 10:11 AM
@Superfine

You're welcome. Even though I'm just SL now, I like this tutorial too specially because it doesn't need pinning. I'm glad to help! :flower:

Prettyeyes23
February 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Speckla and Lianna,

Thank you both for posting these links. I think this is a very cool option for us long hairs! I will be trying the faux bob very soon, and I'll post some pics to my album.

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Though I don't like pinning, it's nice to have options that use pins, because there might be people who don't like ribbons, right? :D I'm not crazy about ribbons either, LOL.

Johanna
February 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I faux bobbed today. It makes me look so much older, I'm definitly not going to cut into a bob no way now how

Nastasia
February 10th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I want to try this just to cause some of my friends to freak out. I wonder how many people I could fool into thinking that I had actually cut my hair....