PDA

View Full Version : Unusually short hair goal?

hibiscus
February 7th, 2011, 03:42 AM
----------

chopandchange
February 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
People in Western society outside of this forum would probably still consider APL "long!"

Mesmerise
February 7th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Yes, you will certainly find others here with such hair length ambitions, especially some of those who currently have very short hair and are just aiming to grow it "regular long" instead of "LHC long". I must admit that my hair "ambitions" have stretched since coming to this forum! I honestly believed I wanted to stop at waist...and now I want to go at least to hip... by the time I get to waist I may even want TBL :D!

Actually, I am sure I saw someone on the forum who just wants to grow to a bob or somewhere like that??

trillcat
February 7th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Oh dear, never fear your hair choice!
There are people here who are bald and loving it. People who are pixie, bob, layers, and everything in between.
You in your mind are who is in charge of this hair and If that means APL is your goal, power to you girl or guy!
This is a very long hair board, but it really isn't so much as it is a great guide to grow hair to whatever length you feel the best with.

hibiscus
February 7th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Oh dear, never fear your hair choice!
There are people here who are bald and loving it. People who are pixie, bob, layers, and everything in between.
You in your mind are who is in charge of this hair and If that means APL is your goal, power to you girl or guy!

Aw that's nice! :flower:

enfys
February 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I think the reason so many of us have very long goals here is because extreme lengths require drastically different handling in many cases. I imagine people find the forum while lookong for help with that.

However. There is no rulebook stating a minimum length to qualify for membership. Over time I have seen so many people grow then cut back to a length they prefer. The handling and care still applies, there are great styles you can do at apl, and there is a wealth of info in the off topic sections too. There are plenty of reasons to be here, and it's still easy to fit in with shorter goals than most.

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 04:44 AM
My first ever goal was hip, then this site made me want TBL and sometimes even classic! I have said before in some other posts of mine that APL is a very nice length, and if I couldn't grow further than that I would be very much pleased. My hair is lightened, and though it doesn't have any damage now, I know more experienced people think I might not grow to TBL. I know it's a possibility, so I think my "lucky goal" would be TBL, and my "must have" goal would be APL.

April1
February 7th, 2011, 04:46 AM
APL is my goal at the moment too. Actually that is, i think the longest ive ever had it and would do anything to have it back again. The reason is because i find it very difficult to get really long hair that looks healthy, and im seeing that as i get older its becomming much thinner too.

Dolly
February 7th, 2011, 04:47 AM
This forum is about HEALTHY hair, no matter which length you choose.....even if your goal is only APL (which is still pretty long by some standards), I am sure you would like for it to be as healthy as it can be! That is where this forum comes in!

einna
February 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I`m aiming for BSL. I might try for waist after a while, but I really dont know yet. It all depends on how I feel about it, and how my naturally dry, F/M hair copes with beeing longer.

I also feel, like some people have already said, that this forum is just as much about healthy hair, and even about "alternative" (not fond of that word) methods for haircare.